Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

Calories: Within Allotted Range (On Higher End of Range)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 19 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 9 no-alcohol) **I'm not AF all the time, but trying to cut back to only drinking at social events or special occasions. The nightly wine is no good for my calorie count!**
    Exercise: Ran 2 miles + Mobility/Yoga Stretching
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

AF: Yes (Day 9 no-alcohol) **I'm not AF all the time, but trying to cut back to only drinking at social events or special occasions. The nightly wine is no good for my calorie count!**

Can you please post your steps ? I need 8/1-8/3 thanks
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options

Would you like to join our step challenge?

I’d love to!

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/03

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/02 - 11,681

Good morning team! Day 2 of being back on track!

No workout for me at the gym today but I did get outdoors for a very slow 5K “run”. Last March I had gotten my time down to 35 minutes and now I’m back up to 45 minutes. I do have to keep in mind that last year I was doing it on a pretty flat path where I used to live and now in our small village it’s all hills so i slow down quite a bit when I’m at an incline. Im going to try to do this every Wednesday and see if my time improves with the help of my C25K program. I also really enjoy listening to Fearless Motivation. it really gets me pumped up and feeling empowered so i am going to share lyrics every Wednesday as part of my check in.

Fearless Motivation - I didn't come this far to only come this far…

https://youtu.be/D53m7CJ7wYI
    I didn't come this far to only come this far
    I hear some people saying things like
    "When I make it..."
    "When I get to the top..."
    "I'll keep working hard until I get to the top"
    "Until I reach my goal"
    Let me tell you something
    There is no end!
    Winners never stop
    If you reach your goal
    Set a bigger goal
    If you get to the top of the mountain
    Find a bigger mountain!
    It's the journey
    The continued pursuit of growth
    The constant seeking of improvement
    The challenge
    That's what makes life great
    That's what makes a fulfilled life
    I didn't come this far to only come this far!
    When I get this goal, I'll seek more
    Not more things, more growth
    Constantly pushing myself to be better
    I came this far so I could be strong enough to go further!
    So I would be good enough to push myself harder!
    I'm only getting started
    This is just the beginning
    I am proud of my achievements
    But that doesn't mean I'll settle for them
    Proud but never satisfied
    Proud but forever hungry
    Proud and always ready
    Proud but pushing
    Pushing for more
    Pushing for great
    A true winner doesn't seek only the title
    A true winner seeks growth
    A true winner seeks greatness
    It's the journey
    It's the challenge
    Don't tell me it's over
    I'm just getting warmed up!
    If the journey wasn't challenging
    The destination wouldn't be rewarding
    It's the challenge that makes the greatness
    You can't have a champion athlete
    Without great competitors pushing them all the way
    You can't have the greatest of all time
    Without champions pushing them all the way
    It's the journey, the process that makes the greatness
    If you reach your goal
    Set a bigger goal
    Find a bigger mountain!

zkzz3c94h5al.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in: Monday 08/02

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Gym 1/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909

Good morning team! Back on track for a whole day yay! Let’s hope I can keep this up lol. I’ve been working out with a friend of mine and I’m loving it so much. She takes her workouts as seriously as I do and we help each other and give each other tips etc. I enjoy doing it on my own but I also love spending this time with her. We are so likeminded and love to push each other and always promise to go all the way to the end. No quitting.

I’ve also been enjoying making my own bagels here at home with a skinnytaste recipe. So easy to make and my whole family loves them. I’ll post a photo and link here if you are interested.

Pleasure to meet you Mari! You seem to be on fire, and I barely know you. But the spark is definately in your eye's, I have no doubt your going places. Having a workout partner is real blessing, and a motivator. I'm thankful for my fiance, and more thankful she loves working out with me. Everything about you tells me you got this, even your shirt. lol :)

Thank you 🙏🏻 Same here! I do tend to have moments where I am unstoppable. The trick is keeping myself there lol. Thank you so much for the encouragement 📣. It truly is nice having someone to workout with. So happy to be able to join you on your journey 💪🏻♥️👍🏻

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Aqualang26 wrote: »
    I don't post a lot, but I catch up on these threads every night and I just want to say that y'all are amazing. Truly. I'm inspired all the time by you.

The workouts, the walks, the honesty, keeping at it, getting back on the horse after a slip or frustrating scale, digging through the emotional part of what got us overweight, the kindness and support - it's a real blessing to be here with y'all.

Totally agree with you. Just reading everyone here gives me the motivation I need to stay strong and keep pushing. I also dont get to post more than my daily check in but I am always happy to read how everyone is sticking to it.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Wacky Wednesday to Y'all! 😆😃

Got a great sleep, woke up, rolled out of bed and did the job. First thing on the Agenda was Walking/Slog. Nice cool morning up here in Northern Ontario. Perfect for a brisk morning Slog.

It seems my ticker is making me work hard and harder and to get my heart rate up. I guess that's good, but I'm having trouble making my feet and legs move that quick. I'm starting to get scared if I push any harder, I'm going to end up on the pavement taking face plant followed closely by a dirt nap. 😋

I did manage to do 7 laps in something like 29 minutes, with a 2-3 minute rest stop on the chair by the fan downstairs and a 1-minute climb to the top floor. So pretty good by my standards. 👍😎

In other exciting news, I spilt my entire glass of Metamucil on Lynn this morning, right before she was going to go to work. She didn't even get upset with me? I must have won some sort of pre-life lottery, blessed to the nines on this planet called Earth. 🤗

Chest/Triceps and shoulders later today... Still modified to nurse my shoulder but I'll be doing more work with my right today, lowing the weight a number of exercises and planning for more reps. 👍

As for wacky Wednesday? I'll try and find something suitable to share a bit later. 😄😋

You all have an amazing day in the mean time! 😎💪😊

49bsxs6i527g.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Linda ... I too am glad I am feeling better ...getting up at 4:45am led to an afternoon nap :)

You certainly deserved a nap after that walk!

Shannonsto wrote: »
    Hi all! My name is Shannon. I’m a 50yo NICU nurse in Las Vegas, NV. I’m also a single mom to 12yo twins.

After spending my 20 in the 120s (I’m 5’7”) and eating whatever and whenever I wanted, I thought I was invincible to weight gain. But, alas, it caught up to me. I was 160s when I had my kids and I just kept gaining to a high of 230.8 in 2012. I joined WW and lost 50lb before plateauing, getting frustrated and giving up. On January 1 I started again at 215.2. The last couple of weeks have been difficult, bouncing around between 175 and 180, but this time I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

My goals:
    At least 10,000 steps/day
    80-90oz of water
    Add strength training to my cardio

Step so far this week..
    Sun 13,618
    Mon 14,809

I look forward to getting to know everyone 😎

Not giving up is so important. You have great goals and your steps are amazing this week so far.

Steps

11, 012

Over 11k! That’s awesome!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

Great day! A 19 hour fast. Wow! I try to do 16/8 but sometimes I feel my blood sugars drop and I have to cut it short sometimes. How long have you been doing IF?

Aqualang26 wrote: »
    I don't post a lot, but I catch up on these threads every night and I just want to say that y'all are amazing. Truly. I'm inspired all the time by you.

The workouts, the walks, the honesty, keeping at it, getting back on the horse after a slip or frustrating scale, digging through the emotional part of what got us overweight, the kindness and support - it's a real blessing to be here with y'all.

Laura, we are so glad you are here! I was just trying to explain to a friend how this team has kept me from throwing in the towel on numerous occasions. You just said what I was telling her but much more eloquently.

PW- 295.6
    CW-287.8
    -7.8LB

Not bad for 5 days lol. At least it's most of my mega gain off!

No swimming til at least Friday. I've been so lax lately! I gotta get moving again!

Awesome loss! I know you have been using an outdoor pool is there a indoor you can switch to once the weather changes?

jayenguk wrote: »
    Username: jayenguk
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):288
    CW (Current Weight):286.7

So went to the gym last night after work, omg I'm feeling it today, could only manage 25 mins on treadmill and 3 miles on the bike then I was done. But I'm proud I went after a 10 hour shift, hoping when I start to get smaller this starts to become easier. Rest day today then tomorrow I am off so a good session at the gym!
    I also struggled to get my water in yesterday but managed 2 liters by the end of the day.
    have a great day all from sunny Britain!

Nice loss! You should be very proud you went to the gym after working a long shift. Not only that you did great cardio.

Daily Check-in: Tuesday 08/03

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/02 - 11,681

Good morning team! Day 2 of being back on track!

No workout for me at the gym today but I did get outdoors for a very slow 5K “run”. Last March I had gotten my time down to 35 minutes and now I’m back up to 45 minutes. I do have to keep in mind that last year I was doing it on a pretty flat path where I used to live and now in our small village it’s all hills so i slow down quite a bit when I’m at an incline. Im going to try to do this every Wednesday and see if my time improves with the help of my C25K program. I also really enjoy listening to Fearless Motivation. it really gets me pumped up and feeling empowered so i am going to share lyrics every Wednesday as part of my check in.

Fearless Motivation - I didn't come this far to only come this far…

https://youtu.be/D53m7CJ7wYI
    I didn't come this far to only come this far
    I hear some people saying things like
    "When I make it..."
    "When I get to the top..."
    "I'll keep working hard until I get to the top"
    "Until I reach my goal"
    Let me tell you something
    There is no end!
    Winners never stop
    If you reach your goal
    Set a bigger goal
    Find a bigger mountain!
    It's the journey
    The continued pursuit of growth
    The constant seeking of improvement
    The challenge
    That's what makes life great
    That's what makes a fulfilled life
    When I get this goal, I'll seek more
    Not more things, more growth
    Constantly pushing myself to be better
    I came this far so I could be strong enough to go further!
    So I would be good enough to push myself harder!
    I'm only getting started
    This is just the beginning
    I am proud of my achievements
    But that doesn't mean I'll settle for them
    Proud but never satisfied
    Proud but forever hungry
    Proud and always ready
    Proud but pushing
    Pushing for more
    Pushing for great
    A true winner doesn't seek only the title
    A true winner seeks growth
    A true winner seeks greatness
    It's the journey
    It's the challenge
    Don't tell me it's over
    I'm just getting warmed up!
    If the journey wasn't challenging
    The destination wouldn't be rewarding
    It's the challenge that makes the greatness
    You can't have a champion athlete
    Without great competitors pushing them all the way
    You can't have the greatest of all time
    Without champions pushing them all the way
    It's the journey, the process that makes the greatness
    If you reach your goal
    Set a bigger goal
    Find a bigger mountain!

zkzz3c94h5al.jpeg

Another day of all checks! I love the fearless motivation! It’s something I will be listening to.

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Good Wacky Wednesday to Y'all! 😆😃

Got a great sleep, woke up, rolled out of bed and did the job. First thing on the Agenda was Walking/Slog. Nice cool morning up here in Northern Ontario. Perfect for a brisk morning Slog.

It seems my ticker is making me work hard and harder and to get my heart rate up. I guess that's good, but I'm having trouble making my feet and legs move that quick. I'm starting to get scared if I push any harder, I'm going to end up on the pavement taking face plant followed closely by a dirt nap. 😋

I did manage to do 7 laps in something like 29 minutes, with a 2-3 minute rest stop on the chair by the fan downstairs and a 1-minute climb to the top floor. So pretty good by my standards. 👍😎

In other exciting news, I spilt my entire glass of Metamucil on Lynn this morning, right before she was going to go to work. She didn't even get upset with me? I must have won some sort of pre-life lottery, blessed to the nines on this planet called Earth. 🤗

Chest/Triceps and shoulders later today... Still modified to nurse my shoulder but I'll be doing more work with my right today, lowing the weight a number of exercises and planning for more reps. 👍

As for wacky Wednesday? I'll try and find something suitable to share a bit later. 😄😋

You all have an amazing day in the mean time! 😎💪😊

49bsxs6i527g.png

Another great poobah walk in the books. I have to remember that if I fall again. Dirt nap, I love it. Enjoy your workout tonight!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

✅Steps
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Exercise
    ❌Reminders 7/8

Got my swim as soon as the pool opened and went for a long walk (Linda long not Megan long). I increased my laps purposely yesterday. I want to be swimming for 30 minutes straight by end of next week. Unfortunately, the pool is closed due to an issue with the pump but hopefully will be open later today.

I am going to walk and ride the bike this morning. If the pool opens I will swim and do my water workout in the afternoon. I think I am getting addicted to these high Fitbit calorie adjustments. I know I need to take a rest day but I don’t want to. 😞 Maybe Friday…. we will see.

Happy Wednesday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    steps

Swimming
    28 minutes moderate
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 9029
    Exercise 3 mile loop at lake

Met mom early in the morning for a walk at the lake. Dad is travelling for work so hasn't been able to join us. I got my kids registered for fall swim lessons and just double checking we are good to go with kindergarten registration for my son. His open house is next week and then they both start school the week of the 16th. Gonna be so different having them both gone at school during the middle of the day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Shannonsto wrote: »

Would you like to join our step challenge?

I’d love to!

Awesome I added you ...I posted your steps on my spreadsheet ..You are all set :)
  • mthomas0228
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

Great day! A 19 hour fast. Wow! I try to do 16/8 but sometimes I feel my blood sugars drop and I have to cut it short sometimes. How long have you been doing IF?

I've been doing IF for a couple of years now on and off. I've found that it is one of the best tools I have to control that "crazy hungry" feeling that I used to get all the time. A week or two into a solid IF routine and I feel much more in control of my body knowing when it really needs food. I don't skip any meals either, just stagger them out into my available eating window. On a usual day, I start my day around 9 a.m. (up a little bit earlier to oversee my teen daughter going to camp/school etc + get myself ready) and my fasting is over at 11 a.m. So it is really only 2 hours until I can eat. I find that very manageable and then sometimes go an hour or two longer depending on how busy I am.

Maybe start with a 14/10 fast until your body gets acclimated - I find it takes about 2 weeks for me to get into the groove when I restart.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Happy chocolate chip cookie day. Please remember to limit it to one handful. Using king kong's hand is ok if you can get him to share.

Check in for 8/3:
    Steps - 14787. Good number for me.
    Calories - 1700. Had grilled catfish and shared my sides to leave room for kettle corn.
    Exercise - 5.78 mile walk in 1:53. It looks like I picked up a passenger since I have found 2 large bug bites since then.

I feel like being lazy today so reading all of your posts is helping me get out there.

Have a wonderful hump day.

P.s. friday is water balloon day, so plan a nice fight with your little monsters or unsuspecting friends and neighbors.
  • mthomas0228
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

8/1: 9,079
    8/2: 4,724
    8/3: 9,156
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/3:

8/1: 9,079
    8/2: 4,724
    8/3: 9,156

Thank you so much ... You can either post your steps daily (which I find is easier ) or you can post weekly ...just please try to post them by Sunday and no longer than Tuesday so I can announce our top 5 steppers...Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.