Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    For the new people just wanted to let you know if you see a hug on your post ... it is just me ...letting me know that I have your steps :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @azkunk
    Good to see you back. I am right there with you. You are right about it being hard getting back on track!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I like your exercise/workout schedule. I see you are doing your looonnnngggg walks:)

@mari_moulin
    Yep, strength training likes to make that scale go up sometimes. It's hard to see when it happens. You are doing great:)

@Poobah1972
    You are doing awesome! I love you spirit, energy and dedication! You're an inspiration for sure!

@rwood566
    You are so much fun! Great exercise today. How was Jungle Cruise?

@lindamtuck2018
    Hope your back is feeling better. Great exercise yesterday!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I ate a piece of left over pizza for dinner but I tracked it and everything else I ate today. I’m not going to beat myself up because that was my goal this week … get back to tracking. I am happy to report that I turned down brownie sundaes with the kids tonight, not even a taste 😊

@iradi8 - it’s good to be back.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, its Friday!!! I have the weekend off and feel so much better having a day off the gym. Just one more day of work then 2 days off wooot! have a great day all
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all have your stashes of water balloons for tomorrow. Time to get payback on the little terrors.

@iradi8 the movie was pretty good. Not really any slow parts that I can remember, but a lot has already faded. I hate my memory.

@azkunk love left over pizza. Grats on stopping at 1. Love your brownie refusal. That would be tough.

Check in for 8/5:
    Steps - 4247. Walked around the block in flip flops to reach goal. 1 km.
    Calories - 1600. Ate a nice salad for lunch with a bowl of ice cream in mid afternoon. Hacked up a pineapple tonight and will try to use it in every meal tomorrow.
    Exercise - nope. Legs were very sore from adductor and abductor machines yesterday.

Lots of amazing steps listed today. Keep it up. Nice weigh ins. I think I saw 1 increase, which is fine, since we all get them. I am expecting a jump soon. I haven't gained day to day since july 25. I haven't lost every day, thankfully.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Steps for 8/5
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 88oz
    Steps 9162

No official exercise for the day. I danced/stepped in place at night while watching tv for those steps.

@lindamtuck2018 On the days that both kids have school I will have about 3 hours. I plan on walking while the weather is nice. My husband and I are also considering joining the gym where the kids do swim lessons. I'd love to be able to swim laps at least once a week. They also have classes that don't cost anything extra after getting the membership. The only day my daughter will be home with me is Thursdays. The only variable is going to be watching my nieces. I'm not sure of the schedule with my brother changing jobs.

Great day! Dancing and stepping is definitely exercise. Swimming is great. For me, I find it’s great exercise but it’s also so much fun.

Just got back from a 3 hour walk...7.86 miles..burned 1,011 cals according to fitbit with 19,317 steps :)

Wow! How’s your home gym exercises coming along?

Shannonsto wrote: »
    Weigh in time for me...

Shannonsto
    Thursday
    PW 177.0
    CW 174.8

Steps for 8/4

Fantastic loss!

Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 223.8
    CW: 225.6

This trend is about to change😉.

I know you can.

azkunk wrote: »
    It’s tough getting back on track. Tuesday and Wednesday got away from me but I am back today. The sugar demon needs to be put down.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/1: 5792
    8:2: 5367
    8/3: 4647
    8/4: 4271

It is hard but you keep at it very day. That’s success when you dont quit.

Daily Check-In For 8/5

Calories: Within Allotted Range (On Higher End of Range)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 17 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 11 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2.35 Mile Walk + Bowling (that counts right 🤣)

Bowling is definitely exercise. I find muscles I didn’t know I have when bowling. Great day!

iradi8 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    8/1 8,878
    8/2 9,146
    8/3 12,373
    8/4 5,669

Nice stepping!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I ate a piece of left over pizza for dinner but I tracked it and everything else I ate today. I’m not going to beat myself up because that was my goal this week … get back to tracking. I am happy to report that I turned down brownie sundaes with the kids tonight, not even a taste 😊

@iradi8 - it’s good to be back.

Tracking is a very important tool. I admire you for eating one piece. Pizza is a food I start and can’t stop.

jayenguk wrote: »
    Good morning all, its Friday!!! I have the weekend off and feel so much better having a day off the gym. Just one more day of work then 2 days off wooot! have a great day all

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend off.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Hope you all have your stashes of water balloons for tomorrow. Time to get payback on the little terrors.

@iradi8 the movie was pretty good. Not really any slow parts that I can remember, but a lot has already faded. I hate my memory.

@azkunk love left over pizza. Grats on stopping at 1. Love your brownie refusal. That would be tough.

Check in for 8/5:
    Steps - 4247. Walked around the block in flip flops to reach goal. 1 km.
    Calories - 1600. Ate a nice salad for lunch with a bowl of ice cream in mid afternoon. Hacked up a pineapple tonight and will try to use it in every meal tomorrow.
    Exercise - nope. Legs were very sore from adductor and abductor machines yesterday.

Lots of amazing steps listed today. Keep it up. Nice weigh ins. I think I saw 1 increase, which is fine, since we all get them. I am expecting a jump soon. I haven't gained day to day since july 25. I haven't lost every day, thankfully.

Nice day! I loved the adductor and abductor machines when I went to the gym. I need to find a way to do those exercises in the pool.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: Bluetail6
    Weigh-In Day: Thursday
    SW (9/1/20): 194
    PW: 144
    CW: 143.6

I just got the all clear (yesterday) to go back to fully exercising after my horrible ankle sprain. No more brace. There is no ligament damage. Also, a loss. I'm grateful😊

Nice loss! Great news about your ankle.

Daily Check-in: Thursday 08/05

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 3/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/03 - 11,681
    08/04 - 17,231
    08/05 - 17,964

Good morning team! Day 4 of being back on track!

So happy to have gotten myself to the gym this morning. It did me so much good. I wasn’t feeling it when I got there but honestly it was my best session this week. I Really pushed through the entire workout upping weights where I could or adding reps. I plan on going again tomorrow even if I have done my 4 gym sessions for the week. Tomorrow is gonna be all about the booty.

Blessed day team 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    notcuytim999.jpeg

Another day of crushing those goals. Exercise is the best mood enhancer.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Bike
    22 minutes moderate
    1 minute cool down

Elliptical
    5 minutes moderate (@poobah how do you stay on this so long? )
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    qvrklfklo7t2.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    23mips0fmlf7.jpeg

What are your trigger foods? How do you manage them?
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    8/5
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 118oz
    Steps 9027
    Exercise 3 mile loop

Wasn't sure what I was gonna do for exercise while I went about my day, but my parents took care of it haha. Dad got back from travelling early evening and wanted to walk so I met them out at the lake after dinner.

Right now I'm drinking coffee and then I'm heading out to a consignment sale that's close by that I go to every year. I really need to find clothes for my son for when the weather turns cold again, as well as a winter coat.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    8/4 = 6,764
    8/5 = 10,164
This discussion has been closed.