Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, today I am going to the gym as soon as it opens and do a small workout. I have my son over later for a roast dinner with us and apart from that I will probably just game the day away!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day - Saturday
    Weigh-in week - 1
    Previous weight - 209.2
    Current weight - 208.2

Daily Check-in: Friday 08/06

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 4/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/03 - 11,681
    08/04 - 17,231
    08/05 - 17,964
    08/06 - 17,096

Good morning team! Day 5 of being back on track!

Last night we went out for a family bowling night. Needless to say lots of bad foods and drinks were had BUT I still managed to stay under. I’m sure had I not had the junk food I would have had an even better loss for the week. I will say tho that I am pretty happy with my results this week.

I just got back from my gym session today. It was booty 🍑 day and we totally beasted through it. I’m feeling so good and happy to be back on my routine.

Blessed Saturday team 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    kmitzv6khxfb.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Steps

Nice walk with hubby and the bugs!! I spray before I left, hubby didn't. I'm not sure he will go walking with me in the evenings again...lol
    Guess I'll stick to mornings!

Another 10k day. Awesome!

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    8/4 11,750
    8/5 19,356

My calf’s were so sore for 3 days from Monday’s workout so I just did a short walk Wednesday and yesterday’s steps were from going to a concert and walking to the venue. I was wearing newish sneakers and got a huge blister of one heal. Oh well it was a nice nice for a concert and fun being in the city.

Must have been a great workout. Great steps! Live music is just starting here and I am excited to go to a concert. When we go in holidays there is a festival which has so many different bands. Hopefully, will be able to take that in.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening. How was your water balloon day?

Check in for 8/6:
    Steps - 5224. Not a lot.
    Calories - 1559 had pineapple chunks with each meal.
    Exercise - gym. 9 machines and 10 minutes bike. 2.75 miles moderate effort. Had to stop early with dead leg.

Nice job on those calories. Great gym session!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    Good morning all, today I am going to the gym as soon as it opens and do a small workout. I have my son over later for a roast dinner with us and apart from that I will probably just game the day away!

Enjoy your gym session and dinner with your son.

Weekly weigh-in:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh-in day - Saturday
    Weigh-in week - 1
    Previous weight - 209.2
    Current weight - 208.2

Daily Check-in: Friday 08/06

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 4/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909
    08/03 - 11,681
    08/04 - 17,231
    08/05 - 17,964
    08/06 - 17,096

Good morning team! Day 5 of being back on track!

Last night we went out for a family bowling night. Needless to say lots of bad foods and drinks were had BUT I still managed to stay under. I’m sure had I not had the junk food I would have had an even better loss for the week. I will say tho that I am pretty happy with my results this week.

I just got back from my gym session today. It was booty 🍑 day and we totally beasted through it. I’m feeling so good and happy to be back on my routine.

Blessed Saturday team 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    kmitzv6khxfb.jpeg

Mari, you are doing fantastic. You stayed on track, had killer workouts and a nice loss. Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    pm78hthjdkg0.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

My steps are inaccurate and I have no idea about my reminders to move as my Fitbit died. I did end up going for a quick walk as I was getting antsy. I am caught up on housework. Yay! I am not sure what’s happening with my sleep. 🤷‍♀️

My diabetic check was awesome. My A1C is actually too low which means I get to wean myself off insulin. This is a great NSV for me. It will take about a month as I have to go slowly but soon no more needles! Yes!

Have a great start to the weekend!

That’s such great news Linda! Congratulations on your health NSV. Wow no more insulin! So happy for you. Best NSV ever!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    Options
    Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

My steps are inaccurate and I have no idea about my reminders to move as my Fitbit died. I did end up going for a quick walk as I was getting antsy. I am caught up on housework. Yay! I am not sure what’s happening with my sleep. 🤷‍♀️

My diabetic check was awesome. My A1C is actually too low which means I get to wean myself off insulin. This is a great NSV for me. It will take about a month as I have to go slowly but soon no more needles! Yes!

That is sooooo amazing Linda.... I was on insulin for a bit in 2019 after being released from the hospital with the flu/pneumonia .... that is when I found out I was type 2 diabetic .... I go on the 12th to get labs done ...and I will have my results when I see my Dr. on the 19th .... my a1c last month was 6.1 I am hoping to have it lower this month but we shall see .....

We are off for our lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng walk :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    1st weigh in!
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 160.4 lbs
    CW: 156.8 lbs
    -3.6 lbs !!

Really proud of how this week went. I know this kind of loss is not realistic on a weekly basis (I’m only 5’ tall) but it is motivating to know what I am doing is making a difference!

Steps for 8/6 10,344
    I went to the gym already 3x this week so I decided that I will take a long walk this morning before it gets too hot. Also thinking about dragging my hubby to the pool later for the first time this season.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 13,902

These steps seem high since I didn’t do much all day but did squeeze in my workout in my hot bedroom must have burned a few
    Extra calories with that heat. Finally felt less sore but couldn’t wear sneakers due to the giant blister from the concert the night before.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    today at the gym I did 5 miles on the bike which took 27 mins, then I went to the rowing machine and rowed 2000m with a stroke rate per min of average 27 in 13.37 mins....did a few weights but the weights were busy so didn't get to all of them, got one of my son's round today for dinner but the rabble are having the roast pork with crackling...im having my usual chicken! and I'm going to have 2 Yorkshire puddings really looking forward to it ...yummmy.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For Friday 8/6

Calories: Within Allotted Range
    Water: 80+ oz. (Didn't hit my 90 oz. goal)
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 12 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run (1st super hot run in a while, so took it sloooow)
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/6 Steps = 7,829
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

That’s such great news Linda! Congratulations on your health NSV. Wow no more insulin! So happy for you. Best NSV ever!
    Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

That is sooooo amazing Linda.... I was on insulin for a bit in 2019 after being released from the hospital with the flu/pneumonia .... that is when I found out I was type 2 diabetic .... I go on the 12th to get labs done ...and I will have my results when I see my Dr. on the 19th .... my a1c last month was 6.1 I am hoping to have it lower this month but we shall see .....

Thanks Mari and Megan. It’s something that I have wanted for a long time. Good look with your labs Megan. I am sure they will be great.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    Options
    Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

Friday check in

❌Steps 3,847
    ❌Sleep
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌Reminders ?

Thanks Mari and Megan. It’s something that I have wanted for a long time. Good look with your labs Megan. I am sure they will be great.

Thanks Linda ... I am curious since I am now doing low carb not keto .....Just got back from our lonnnnnnng walk ... 258 minutes...10.74 miles .......1378 calories burned from fitbit....and 25,767 steps :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    1st weigh in!
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 160.4 lbs
    CW: 156.8 lbs
    -3.6 lbs !!

Really proud of how this week went. I know this kind of loss is not realistic on a weekly basis (I’m only 5’ tall) but it is motivating to know what I am doing is making a difference!

Steps for 8/6 10,344
    I went to the gym already 3x this week so I decided that I will take a long walk this morning before it gets too hot. Also thinking about dragging my hubby to the pool later for the first time this season.

Awesome loss! Enjoy your walk and the pool.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Steps 13,902

These steps seem high since I didn’t do much all day but did squeeze in my workout in my hot bedroom must have burned a few
    Extra calories with that heat. Finally felt less sore but couldn’t wear sneakers due to the giant blister from the concert the night before.

Ouch! You still managed your workout so that’s impressive.

jayenguk wrote: »
    today at the gym I did 5 miles on the bike which took 27 mins, then I went to the rowing machine and rowed 2000m with a stroke rate per min of average 27 in 13.37 mins....did a few weights but the weights were busy so didn't get to all of them, got one of my son's round today for dinner but the rabble are having the roast pork with crackling...im having my usual chicken! and I'm going to have 2 Yorkshire puddings really looking forward to it ...yummmy.

Very nice workout! Enjoy your to time with your son.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 154.8
    CW 155.6

A little disappointed about weigh in but not super surprised. Two weeks ago I lost 4.4lbs and then last week when I expected a gain or stall lost another 0.6lbs. I think maybe my body had an adjustment week.

8/6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 98oz
    Steps 11427
    Exercise 3mile loop at lake

Met my dad at the lake in the morning. Drank my morning coffee then went to the consignment sale I mentioned. Found some things for the kids; got my son a winter coat and boots and a few long pants, and got toys for them both(my daughter didn't need more clothes). Then went grocery shopping with Mom, and relaxed the rest of the night afterwards!

Today we're going to a friend's pool if it doesn't storm on us, and tomorrow my son has a bday party to go to.

You are still losing at a good rate. Lots of steps! Great job!

Daily Check-In For Friday 8/6

Calories: Within Allotted Range
    Water: 80+ oz. (Didn't hit my 90 oz. goal)
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 12 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: 2 Mile Run (1st super hot run in a while, so took it sloooow)

Great day overall! Do you have any tricks for hitting your water goal? On that note I need to go drink some. 💦
  • mari_moulin
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hey team, I printed out my workouts as I am sharing them with my GF and I thought I would share what I am doing on here. I always start off with 30 min cardio, then one of the 4 strength training workouts, then I finish with 10-15 minutes of abs. I always alternate the ab exercises.
    lxkpa61gb846.jpeg

jzq6ufcabvm4.jpeg

i3zp5r4gvf94.jpeg

tygndbhwf2up.jpeg

aahfncrvejfz.jpeg
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/6: 17,757
This discussion has been closed.