Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    23mips0fmlf7.jpeg

What are your trigger foods? How do you manage them?

Anything easy to grab like chips. Once I start I can’t stop. Doritos in particular. And then this kind of snacking makes me want to have a drink or too which just adds empty calories to my day.

The only way I can manage them is to not buy them. Once a bag is open, it’s over.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    FLEX FRIDAY!!!! 💪

Also leg day.... So DOH! 🍗🤦‍♂️

Alright I'll be the first to admit it this morning.... Lynn actually woke up earlier than normal to unleash the beast on that exercise room. I *kitten* you not. She was a crazed exercise Lunatic on the loose. 🤗

Whereas I, pretty much planned to take it easy this morning, although I didn't tell anyone. Lol. It's Leg day, I worked hard the previous 4 days, thus I basically did a half session. But I did do it hard, in fact my legs were going so fast at one point, I feared I would lose them. 😆 Taking it a bit easy today makes it way more likely I'll throw in a 6th cardio session this weekend, so I'll see what I can do. 😛 And with any luck, I'll have a great leg workout later. 👍

Anyways, I was quite aware of how well Lynn was pushing through her cycle. She didn't miss a beat, and marched directly from one station to the other and didn't stop the entire time (Her cycle in the photo below, Trampoline, Steps, and Ab Booster Plus). And that is saying something, cause that Ab Booster thing isn't easy, and when she first got it, she was lucky to work for 1 minute on it before being completely done.... Wow, what progress she has made. She has every right to be super proud of herself this morning. Jill's morning message "Don't stop until your extremely proud of yourself", really rang true and her ears. 😃 I'm proud of her too, she kicked my *kitten* this morning. 🙂

m124n1wnlp1r.jpg

Ok time to Flex Friday.... Now bear in mind, I'm still a little shy, and I'm not ready to unveil my Thighs, Calves, Back, and god no on my stomach probably ever. lol. So, you're going to get tired of seeing my biceps.... But here it is, and for added measure, I got some triceps poking out from under there too. 😆😎🥳👍🤓😋

Have an amazing day folks... I'll catch up with all you amazing people at work shortly. 😃🤗🤗🤗

9eab73zmww3e.jpg

So inspiring! Beast mode!!!
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    SW: 193
    PW: 184.7
    CW: 180.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,806 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day: Friday
    SW: 269
    PW: 211.4
    CW 214.4 (Gained 3lbs)
    LTD: 55 lbs

It is what it is ... I am not too upset about the gain since I am just getting back to my exercise routine ... :)

@lindamtuck2018 ... I am still a newbie when it comes to weights ... my machine is a total body workout ...right now I am finding it boring but that is only because I am not use to it and I am one of those that likes to be on the move ... I am sure it will grow on me as I get more familiar with it ...Today is one of those days that I will get more familiar with it :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    23mips0fmlf7.jpeg

Pistachios is one of my trigger foods ... I thought I could have them in the house and just eat a few...nope that is not the case ....so I just finished them off yesterday and I will not be able to bring them in the house for a while ... I even tried to bring in a small bag and guess what I ate alllllllllll of them in 1 sitting so bye bye pistachios :'(
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    23mips0fmlf7.jpeg

Pistachios is one of my trigger foods ... I thought I could have them in the house and just eat a few...nope that is not the case ....so I just finished them off yesterday and I will not be able to bring them in the house for a while ... I even tried to bring in a small bag and guess what I ate alllllllllll of them in 1 sitting so bye bye pistachios :'(

I don’t buy them often but it’s something I will just keep eating them.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/5: 17,530
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Trigger foods: Any kind of chips or nuts. If I measure out the individual serving and eat it alongside something else lower calorie, it's all good. If I snack direct out of the package, I munch until they're gone. It's amazing how fast two pounds of wasabi almonds or a big bag of Doritos can disappear in our house...just a handful at a time... it's only a few...so it doesn't count, right?
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning.

Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 291.6
    CW: 286.8. -4.8
    LTD: 280. 3 pounds until half off.

Taking daughter to work then gym. Bye.

Ah, that's a wicked good weigh in today! WOOOOH HOOoooo!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/1- 5792
    8/2- 5367
    8/3- 4647
    8/4- 4171
    8/5- 6549
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Rwood566

Amazing progress! Congratulations on being almost halfway to goal. I have been gone from this site a bit ... did you ever get an answer to the reason for your dizziness and lightheadedness? Are you starting to feel better yet?
  • Poobah1972
    Options
    @mari_moulin Ah... Thank you. I'm feeling a little stronger each week. :)
    @lindamtuck2018

Holy smokes.. that's another fabulous weigh in... I'm going to lose my breath from cheering... WHOOOo oo HOOOoo oHOOOOOODOOOO! Whew. :)

• Poobah1972
    Options
    Trigger foods... I'd have to imagine any refined sugar or carb load would get the ole insulin spikes and hunger a callling. We haven't missed a beat in 6 months, so no sense tempting ourselves now right? But I would love some pistachios too... Unfortunately that's a higher carb nut that I don't partake in. :P
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2021
    Options
    I have decided to up the weight on my home gym to 20lbs... I had been on 10lbs since using it ....I think I will stay at 20lbs for about 3 weeks then go to 30lbs...I just have to remember to listen to my body and not over do it ... I am prone to hurting myself which I do not want to be taken out of commission again ...I will be careful :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    I have allowed myself to have one serving of most of my trigger foods there fore taking away the trigger because I can have it. I know that sounds crazy but it worked for me.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 8/3: 6707
    8/4: 10830
    8/5: 8750
    @Poobah1972 Awesome flex pictures!!! I discovered new lines on my tummy that hints all the ab work is working!!!! Yay for watching the muscle peek out from under the fat!!!So today was legs work out
    leg extensions 60# 4x20
    leg lifts 60# 3x20 with 20 pulses high and low
    Hip extentions100# 3x20 with 20 pulses
    Hip abductions 115# 2x 20 with 20 pulses
    Hack squats 135# 10
    155# 10
    165# 8
    185# 8
    deadlifts hex bar staggered stance
    135#x 10
    145# x10
    160#x 10
    185#x10
    Linear leg press
    270# x10
    360# x8
    450# x6
    500# x4 This beats my PR set at the age of 19!!!!

Feeling on top of the world this week even though I did tweek my elbow but actually doing a headstand push up un assisted was awesome!!! Also breaking my personal best on legs has me in a INVINCIBLE state of mind. Hopefullu the doms won't have me tomorrow in just die mode. Crossfit in the morning. I did take a rest day yesterday instead of barre due to my elbow. Today I just can't turn a door knob. So I should be able to Crossfit tomorrow.

@lindamtuck2018 Aerial is fun and a great relaxing stretch but it builds core and really works the abs. We enjoyed it so much that when covid struck my hubby took the spare room and turned it into an aerial studio. One of the ways I kept my sanity. We have a 18 ft high swing set outside for my daughter to practice on, but I love the indoor studio he built.

Great work ... I am missing steps for 8/3 ..I apologize if I missed it
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/5
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 118oz
    Steps 9027
    Exercise 3 mile loop

Wasn't sure what I was gonna do for exercise while I went about my day, but my parents took care of it haha. Dad got back from travelling early evening and wanted to walk so I met them out at the lake after dinner.

Right now I'm drinking coffee and then I'm heading out to a consignment sale that's close by that I go to every year. I really need to find clothes for my son for when the weather turns cold again, as well as a winter coat.

Nice to have your parents as walking partners. Great day! A consignment sale sounds like fun. Plus you will get exercise walking around looking.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Steps
    8/4 6,280
    8/5 8,789

Got to the gym yesterday and struggled through the workout. But I did it. And my instructor mentioned I looked like I was getting fitter. Which was super nice! Pretty exhausted after bad sleep last night. I've hit my 3x gym classes for the week. Trying to decide if I am going to go again on Saturday or just use that morning for a long walk. I've been meaning to check out the wildflowers in the trails in my neighborhood...

Anyway, love reading everyone's updates! Happy Friday!

That is awesome the instructor noticed. I love looking at flowers when walking. My friend that walks with me is very knowledgeable about different plants so it is nice to know the names.

Good morning.

Rwood566

Awesome Roger! The big celebration will be soon. Do you have a reward planned?
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Fantastic loss!

Megan_Smartiepants1970
    SW: 269
    PW: 211.4
    CW 214.4 (Gained 3lbs)
    LTD: 55 lbs

It is what it is ... I am not too upset about the gain since I am just getting back to my exercise routine ... :)

@lindamtuck2018 ... I am still a newbie when it comes to weights ... my machine is a total body workout ...right now I am finding it boring but that is only because I am not use to it and I am one of those that likes to be on the move ... I am sure it will grow on me as I get more familiar with it ...Today is one of those days that I will get more familiar with it :)

You have the right attitude! I am still pouting about my gain. Maybe it could have been from the increase in exercise for me too. I know without a doubt you will be an expert in the machine very quick. You are determined and I don’t think there isn’t much that you can’t do.

azkunk wrote: »
    UN: azkunk
    SW: 207
    PW: 185.2
    CW: 185.4

Sorry for the gain this week. I am not surprised but it did bump a little higher, so I am glad that it settled back down a bit. This week went OK. Since Sunday, I missed tracking only one day and hit my step goal 4 of the past 7 days.

Goals for next week:

Nutrition: stay under calories and focus on protein
    Hydration: 80 oz/day
    Exercise: 5000 steps/ day and row 2 times

Never apologize for a gain. Love the way you are building on your goals.

tahm42 wrote: »
    I have allowed myself to have one serving of most of my trigger foods there fore taking away the trigger because I can have it. I know that sounds crazy but it worked for me.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 8/3: 6707
    8/4: 10830
    8/5: 8750
    @Poobah1972 Awesome flex pictures!!! I discovered new lines on my tummy that hints all the ab work is working!!!! Yay for watching the muscle peek out from under the fat!!!So today was legs work out
    leg extensions 60# 4x20
    leg lifts 60# 3x20 with 20 pulses high and low
    Hip extentions100# 3x20 with 20 pulses
    Hip abductions 115# 2x 20 with 20 pulses
    Hack squats 135# 10
    155# 10
    165# 8
    185# 8
    deadlifts hex bar staggered stance
    135#x 10
    145# x10
    160#x 10
    185#x10
    Linear leg press
    270# x10
    360# x8
    450# x6
    500# x4 This beats my PR set at the age of 19!!!!

Feeling on top of the world this week even though I did tweek my elbow but actually doing a headstand push up un assisted was awesome!!! Also breaking my personal best on legs has me in a INVINCIBLE state of mind. Hopefullu the doms won't have me tomorrow in just die mode. Crossfit in the morning. I did take a rest day yesterday instead of barre due to my elbow. Today I just can't turn a door knob. So I should be able to Crossfit tomorrow.

@lindamtuck2018 Aerial is fun and a great relaxing stretch but it builds core and really works the abs. We enjoyed it so much that when covid struck my hubby took the spare room and turned it into an aerial studio. One of the ways I kept my sanity. We have a 18 ft high swing set outside for my daughter to practice on, but I love the indoor studio he built.

Congrats on the new PR! Sounds like the aerial yoga is not only exercise but relaxing.
This discussion has been closed.