Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    8/3
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 93oz
    Steps 9029
    Exercise 3 mile loop at lake

Met mom early in the morning for a walk at the lake. Dad is travelling for work so hasn't been able to join us. I got my kids registered for fall swim lessons and just double checking we are good to go with kindergarten registration for my son. His open house is next week and then they both start school the week of the 16th. Gonna be so different having them both gone at school during the middle of the day.

Wow, that will be a big change. Will you have enough time for your walks or the elliptical while they are in school? Nice walk with your Mom!

Daily Check-In For 8/3:

Calories: Within Allotted Range (On Higher End of Range)
    Water: 90+ oz.
    IF 16/8: Yes, 19 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 9 no-alcohol) **I'm not AF all the time, but trying to cut back to only drinking at social events or special occasions. The nightly wine is no good for my calorie count!**
    Exercise: Ran 2 miles + Mobility/Yoga Stretching

Great day! A 19 hour fast. Wow! I try to do 16/8 but sometimes I feel my blood sugars drop and I have to cut it short sometimes. How long have you been doing IF?

I've been doing IF for a couple of years now on and off. I've found that it is one of the best tools I have to control that "crazy hungry" feeling that I used to get all the time. A week or two into a solid IF routine and I feel much more in control of my body knowing when it really needs food. I don't skip any meals either, just stagger them out into my available eating window. On a usual day, I start my day around 9 a.m. (up a little bit earlier to oversee my teen daughter going to camp/school etc + get myself ready) and my fasting is over at 11 a.m. So it is really only 2 hours until I can eat. I find that very manageable and then sometimes go an hour or two longer depending on how busy I am.

Maybe start with a 14/10 fast until your body gets acclimated - I find it takes about 2 weeks for me to get into the groove when I restart.

That sounds like a great idea. I will try 14/10 for now. When I do stick to a fasting routine I find my weight loss is better. I like that you don’t skip meals. Do you ever stop doing IF say for a vacation and then ramp up when you get home. I have two trips coming up. Everything will be different. We stay with family members and you have to stick to their meal schedules.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Question

What is your best weight loss tool?

• lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy chocolate chip cookie day. Please remember to limit it to one handful. Using king kong's hand is ok if you can get him to share.

Check in for 8/3:
    Steps - 14787. Good number for me.
    Calories - 1700. Had grilled catfish and shared my sides to leave room for kettle corn.
    Exercise - 5.78 mile walk in 1:53. It looks like I picked up a passenger since I have found 2 large bug bites since then.

I feel like being lazy today so reading all of your posts is helping me get out there.

Have a wonderful hump day.

P.s. friday is water balloon day, so plan a nice fight with your little monsters or unsuspecting friends and neighbors.

I tried catfish once but I didn’t care for it. I wonder if I would like it grilled. Awesome walk! Maybe I should throw water balloons from the balcony. Good way to get evicted.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

I guess I will answer first. By far my best tool is my kitchen scale. I would be lost without it.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,416 Member
    Options
    Question

Sticking to my eating plan :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 8/3: 16,509
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Using my new instant pot for the 1st time today ......making egg bites like starbucks(bacon eggs and colby cheese....ham mozzarella cheese egg .....Chicken cordon blue meatballs to go with zucchini noodles with 4 cheese sauce....mascarpone cheese with berries ........low carb tarts with berries :)
  • MSWarrior7088
    MSWarrior7088 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Steps

11, 012

Over 11k! That’s awesome![/quote]

Thanks so much for your support!!!
  • MSWarrior7088
    Options
    Question

Fasting... my go to daily...plus I love throwing in a 3 day fast every once in a while.
  • MSWarrior7088
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Monday 08/02

✔️Track my food
    ✔️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 1/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/01 - 7,134
    08/02 - 15,909

Good morning team! Back on track for a whole day yay! Let’s hope I can keep this up lol. I’ve been working out with a friend of mine and I’m loving it so much. She takes her workouts as seriously as I do and we help each other and give each other tips etc. I enjoy doing it on my own but I also love spending this time with her. We are so likeminded and love to push each other and always promise to go all the way to the end. No quitting.

I’ve also been enjoying making my own bagels here at home with a skinnytaste recipe. So easy to make and my whole family loves them. I’ll post a photo and link here if you are interested.

Those bagels look so good!!!!
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Checking in...

Good day yesterday. I took the kids to see Jungle Cruise, and was a little worried about the popcorn. I’ve found if I don’t let myself have treats then I tend to binge. We got the smallest size popcorn and shared it. Good weigh in this morning—whew!

8/3 steps: 11,285.

Do I need to do anything to join the step challenge?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Shannonsto wrote: »
    Checking in...

Good day yesterday. I took the kids to see Jungle Cruise, and was a little worried about the popcorn. I’ve found if I don’t let myself have treats then I tend to binge. We got the smallest size popcorn and shared it. Good weigh in this morning—whew!

8/3 steps: 11,285.

Do I need to do anything to join the step challenge?

Nope I have added you to the spreadsheet ...all you do is post your steps daily or weekly but please get them in no later than Tuesday so I can tally them up and announce the top 5 steppers :)
  • MSWarrior7088
    Options
    Steps

My hubby and I went on walk this morning. It was such a nice morning in Ohio...we are going on another one tomorrow.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In For 8/4:

Calories: Within Allotted Range
    IF 16/8: Yes, 18 hours fasting
    AF: Yes (Day 10 no-alcohol)
    Exercise: Ab workout + 1 mile walk
This discussion has been closed.