WaistAways - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• JourneyAlone
    JourneyAlone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    @Steph1498- Salmon mostly, I usually place Salmon and asparagus sprinkled with some lemon juice and in a parchment/foil pouch in oven for a few minutes. Salmon doesn't take long to cooked. I only use Salmon this way or in a salad. Some times tuna in salads, but not very often. I don't usually do pork it's rare if I do.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Exercise 08/03 - 5584 steps + 135 minutes biking

Brad and I did the Legacy Trail again from Canmore to Banff. About a month had gone by since we last did it. Three things went better than the last time - 1) no rest the way there (the harder way), 2) conquered the hardest hill that I previously didn't make it all the way up and 3) beat my time both ways.

Fun to do something again that was measurable and see some improvement.

You guys are fabulous!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    my Garmin records petting my cat as climbing stairs so I can't trust that anything I would post would be accurate! 🤣😂🤣😂 The kitty and I sat on the couch together for a 30 minute show and I think it recorded I went up and down 5 flights of steps. Ohh well.

I wish I had a Garmin! Maybe watching the sole Canadian competitor in the Eventing (equestrian event kind of like triathlon) would have recorded as 3 days worth of 20 flights of stairs each!
    PW 150.6
    CW 149.6

Work is keeping me busy so I am sticking to my daytime meal plan...but not my dinner. I had mac and cheese last night!!! I am getting in decent steps because I setting up my classroom. So far, Monday was my only formal workout, but I did 10 minutes of legs yesterday and I will do 10 min of core today.

And here you are under 150. Mac and Cheese and all! Go go go!
    Across eight steppers, we recorded 2,285,092 steps for the month of July! This is the equivalent of 1,082 miles, which means together we travelled the distance from New York, NY all the way down to Orlando, FL.
    I love that we are only 8 steppers on our team and we have recorded over 2 million steps in July! I know that Downsizers always outsteps everyone, but they have around 20 people on the roster! Fabulous us -- and walking from New York to Orlando is only something I'd ever do virtually right now :grim: Too hot!

So it was quite a Wednesday. I don't need to get on the exercise bike tonight to make up for low step count for sure! We are draining our pond in preparation for having it re-dredged, so all the cattails and other vegetation from around it had to be cut now that the water is low. And then loaded on the truck and unloaded at the village composting site. Phew! Of course, today had to the the hottest one in the last 10 or so... On top of that, the garden is in full overload mode - so many gorgeous green beans, it just hammers home how much better the fresh ones taste than anything that can be found for the rest of the year. The cherry tomatoes are better than candy, and the blueberries are still flowing in. Soon the regular and cooking tomatoes will be mowing me down - I guess in some ways it was a good thing that the recording I'm supposed to be doing in France starting in 2 weeks has been delayed. I'm sad about that, but at least my veggies won't be going to waste.

Heads up for Thursday:
    @ashleycarole86
    @eggfreak
    @marsipan100
    @bowens1973
    @wolfy1234

and still due for today:
    @EvMakesChanges

Tally ho!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,141 Member
    Options
    The last two days have been hard on me emotionally, so much going on in my life, and I'm glad I didn't sabotage my weight loss. Since, I usually turn to food when I'm really upset, but I didn't do it like I normally do. I'm very happy about that.

This sounds like a really great win.... totally get how hard it can be not to turn to food for support when it's been such a source of comfort in the past. Way to go.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Good job to all the morning people! I so love this strategy for just getting it done and out of the way early. Of course, this is coming from a natural morning person, soooooo I imagine the night owls might have something to say about that ;)

As I've slowly been pushing towards a higher daily step count, I know my day personally goes so much better when I get a head start on things. There is always a bit of a mental hill to get over for me when the day is ticking away and I realize my step count is low. I don't mind going out at night to finish up, but there's a big difference between capping off the day with a short little walk versus having to put the bulk of my miles behind me late in the day.

Having said that, today (unlike what @jugar described for her day) did end with me riding the stationary bike for 20 minutes to meet my goals. I like knowing this is always a backup option... Brad bought the bike last winter as part of his initial hip replacement recovery and it's proving to be quite useful for us in general now to have it.

08/04 exercise:
    9,649 steps + 20 minutes on the stationary bike
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @DD265 @conleywoods it is nice to hear that there are other team members with similar situation that could manage to not get tempted to eat more in this situation, and continue the weight loss journey 😊💪
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @bowens1973 You have had so many great learnings and realizations, and your list of challenges shows that. Self-awareness is huge to making progress. Love your mentality and I get a ton of inspiration out of it.

@DD265 That's great about your partner helping you with your tracking. When you're not the main cook, that's totally a game changer!

• bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 214.8
    CW: 211.8
    Loss: 3.0
    😀🤭😈
  • JourneyAlone
    JourneyAlone Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's been a little busy here, was away from home for a visit with some friends for a few hours. I haven't seen them since just before the covid lockdown.

Today, I was able to keep my carbs even lower than I normally do.
    Even though its a little warm, still made a healthy soup. Chicken breast, cooked in bone broth with veggies, and some herbs. Was nice and very few carbs, which came from the vegetables. It didn't have a lot of calories which was also very nice.

@micki48, The more the merrier. I don't cook large meals, only small ones. Because, it just me and I don't really like cook complicated meals. Simple meals that are easy to prepare but are healthy.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello to all the familiar names and welcome to the new members...I've just read through all the posts...sounds like we're all feeling quite determined....let's do it!
    I'm Sylvia, 52, in Massachusetts. I started with Waistaways in Jan 2020. I knocked off about 40 lbs that year, mostly I attribute that to logging food and checking in here with this supportive group and gleaning good tips from others. I'm mostly active but not deliberate about exercise...I think the calorie intake is really the main thing. Have been fluctuating lately and heading up the scale and I'm needing to rein that in. I think my biggest trigger for poor eating is when I've got so much to do that I don't know where to start...the next might be alcohol...a couple of glasses of wine and the next day I ravenously try to eat my way to feeling normal again. So one of my 'habits' again is - no alcohol - I took a 4 month break last fall and it felt good. I'm also trying to avoid sugar for at least 2 weeks to try to shake my sweet tooth.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 150.5
    crazy fluctuations...I swear when I weighed in last Saturday morning I was 158! Hope your battle with the woodchuck has resulted in you being able to harvest SOME stuff from the garden.
This discussion has been closed.