Downsizers - Team Chat AUGUST 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,478 Member
    @Shannonsto
    Getting 14k steps is awesome!

@Aqualang26
    Laura, fantastic loss! You are in the green week after week. That is amazing. What is your number one tool for weight loss?

@Poobah1972
    Great leg day! Congrats to Lynn also. Do you think having a workout partner makes working out better? Yummy! Your supper looks delicious.

@mthomas0228
    Enjoy your vacation!

@rwood566
    Great check in! 11 machines sounds pretty intense. When I have a flare I sometimes get bumps on my feet and I have a permanent one on the bottom of my toe. It can make walking difficult sometimes. I hope your lump has gone down and you get out for your walk.

@jayenguk
    That’s great that those clothes keep fitting better. Before you know it they won’t be fitting as they will be too big. Have a great gym session!

@mari_moulin
    All ✔️ again. Well done! Your steps will be out of the world tomorrow. Enjoy your day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2021
    Friday check in

✅ Steps
    ❌ Sleep Score (above 75)
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅Reminders 7/8

I gave myself a check for the reminders to move as it was impossible to get all 8 as we were driving back home. My back was killing me from the weekend and the drive home so I decided to go to the pool once I put everything away. I swam laps and did a short workout. Once I was done I just floated around the pool for awhile. It was so relaxing. We had to move our bedroom furniture around yesterday as we bought a recliner for the room for me to use when watching tv and reading. It should be good for my back. It’s coming this afternoon and I am so excited to get it.

The scales were not too bad at all this morning. I had a 1.2 pound increase from Tuesday. Considering we had pizza yesterday I know it’s pretty well all water weight. I am off to plan my next week then it’s pool time followed by grocery shopping. Also, my husband gets his dentures today so we are booking our flights to Newfoundland tomorrow and we will be heading there in about 2 weeks.

Have a great Saturday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps 7,914

Swim
    19 minutes moderate

Water weight workout
    13 minutes moderate

Moving furniture
    30 minutes
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 i forgot to add my weigh-in.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in say: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Previous weight: 209.2
    Current weight: 209
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    b]Username [/b]: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:186.2
    CW: 185
    LTD: 22

Sorry for the late post. We had a consult for solar yesterday after work. The guy turned out to be a childhood friend of my husband. We live 2500 miles from where they grew up and they haven’t seen each other since the 6th grade. Needless to say, it went late.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Question for Fitbit users:

My watch is showing 6,099 steps right now but the Fitbit app is showing 5,989. Anyone have this issue before? I know it’s only a 110 steps but every step counts right?
  • lindamtuck2018
    @lindamtuck2018 i forgot to add my weigh-in.

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in say: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 3
    Previous weight: 209.2
    Current weight: 209

Nice loss!

Jpedno wrote: »
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 157.6
    CW: 155.6
    (Yay!)

I’m headed to the gym soon so I will be 2/3 classes this week. Next week should be better, no work events and I am taking a couple days off. Also getting ready to sign up for a 5 or 10k walk with a friend in September so that will motivate me to up my step count as it approaches.

After the gym I’m headed to Albuquerque with my hubby. Going to visit a historic home and garden in the valley, go to the Asian grocery, and later have dinner at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. That will be hard to track but I’ll be back on it Sunday.

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/18 7,911
    8/19 6,519
    8/20 9,739

Awesome loss! Enjoy your day in Albuquerque.

azkunk wrote: »
    b]Username [/b]: azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW:186.2
    CW: 185
    LTD: 22

Sorry for the late post. We had a consult for solar yesterday after work. The guy turned out to be a childhood friend of my husband. We live 2500 miles from where they grew up and they haven’t seen each other since the 6th grade. Needless to say, it went late.

Fantastic loss Andrea! It’s nice to catch up with old friends.

I can not believe my little girl (well not so little anymore) will be 16 in October and she will be a Junior in H.S come this Monday... We go get tested on Tuesday for Covid ..... Dr. put me back on Metformin(which gives me a headache .. I am on predistone .... the 2 medications for the nebulizer gives me a headache and a sore throat...I am not doing well with my eating ... I am eating convenient food .... Everything I eat is extremely salty ... I am not giving up but at this time I am not going to be hard on myself ... I will eventually get thru this and I will start over on my journey ...

I hope things start improving soon. Sending positive thoughts for a negative covid test on Tuesday. You have to do whatever it takes to get better.
  • azkunk
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I hope the COVID test comes back negative and you feel better soon. My steps are below but I think you should take a break and get well.

8/14: 4558
    8/15: 4783
    8/16: 6146
    8/17; 5140
    8/18: 6623
    8/19: 6509
    8/20: 4635

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,929 Member
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 and @azkunk ... I have decided to move to support until I feel better
  • azkunk
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - if you might have COVID and are needing a nebulizer at this time, I highly recommend to take it as prescribed despite the headache. Do not take anything for granted, if you get short of breath or have any difficulty breathing, go to the emergency room. Im not trying to scare you. I just know that a lot of people think it’s just a cold/flu and think they can get through it.

FaceLake ® FL400 Pulse Oximeter Fingertip with Carrying Case, Batteries, Lanyard, and Warranty (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0117V8Q2O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_T5KVES6QRDZC5A8XZQDE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I highly recommend one of these devices. It measures blood oxygen levels. Normal is 95-100%. Below 90% requires oxygen. COVID is known for silent hypoxia. Oxygen levels are much lower than the symptoms people are presenting with. This device is a great too to have in your first aid kit and is not expensive.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @azkunk ... I do have a nebulizer and I have 2 medications for it ... I do 1 in the morning and 1 6 hours later ...He put me on predistone and azithromycin that I take for 4 days until they are gone ... He will be calling me on Monday to see how I am doing ... and I go in for the covid test on Tuesday ... I have asthma so I am use to these breathing treatments ..I will do anything to not end up back in the hospital like I did in 2019 ...thank you for your concern I greatly appreciate it
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 153.4
    CW 152.6
    LTD 170.4lbs

Slowly but surely making my way down to goal.

8/20
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 81oz
    Steps 9075

Got all the grocery shopping done then got ready for my friend to come over with her two kids for movie watching. Unfortunately our two boys were not in a sitting still mood apparently so it was a bit of a disaster, but we made it through the movie somehow haha. Thankfully our two girls were in perfect behavior mode and had eyes glued to the movie the whole time.
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    lmf1012
    Weigh in Day: Saturday
    PW: 136.4
    CW 135
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Steps 8/19 9,106
    8/20 12,111

I have been stressed out for the last couple of days trying to figure out if this vacation would happens since the hurricane/tropical storm was headed out way when my daughter and I are supposed to fly out in the am. Luckily it has changed paths slightly so we should be good and I won’t have to worry as much about what is happening at home. Can’t wait to wait family we haven’t seen in years and have a change of scenery.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Good afternoon! Steps for 8/20. 11,687.

The scale is down again today, so I’m feeling good about that, but I work the next four nights so experience tells me I’m gonna gain water weight even though I have no idea why. My diet and steps stay the same, but I always gain when I work 🤷‍♀️
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    @megan_smartiepants1970 Hugs to you and your daughter! Hope that you don't have Covid. Prednisone raises blood sugar and usually increases hunger. People on high doses often experience fat deposition in face, back base of neck and upper abdomen. Hope you come off it soon. Doctors will use high doses for people suffering from severe respiratory coughs. Don't understand why but have had to increase prednisone on those occasions. of respiratory coughing.

@littleflutterby hope Gael recovers quickly and completely from surgery. You must be very sytessed between her surgery and your finals. Hugs to you.

Have been measuring sitting/ standing blood pressure in am and pm per nephrologist's orders while off the blood pressure pill. Pressures ultra low in the am(Friday 56/38) and normal in the afternoon. Think will end up on 2.5mg lisinipril and need to investigate autonomic nerve damage or heart disease to explain morning lows.
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Not sure if I've posted any of my steps this week, sorry if any are duplicates

8/16: 2,431
    8/17: 2,268
    8/18: 5,582
    8/19: 7,728
    8/20: 7,794
    8/21: 8,036
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @megan_smartiepants1970 Hugs to you and your daughter! Hope that you don't have Covid. Prednisone raises blood sugar and usually increases hunger. People on high doses often experience fat deposition in face, back base of neck and upper abdomen. Hope you come off it soon. Doctors will use high doses for people suffering from severe respiratory coughs. Don't understand why but have had to increase prednisone on those occasions. of respiratory coughing.

@littleflutterby hope Gael recovers quickly and completely from surgery. You must be very sytessed between her surgery and your finals. Hugs to you.

Have been measuring sitting/ standing blood pressure in am and pm per nephrologist's orders while off the blood pressure pill. Pressures ultra low in the am(Friday 56/38) and normal in the afternoon. Think will end up on 2.5mg lisinipril and need to investigate autonomic nerve damage or heart disease to explain morning lows.

Thanks @Beautyofdreams .... I hope I do not have covid either ....I am only on Prednisone for 5 days ... I have 2 days left .... The medicine for my nebulizer gives me a headache and sore throat ( I have 2 types for the machine ..albuterol for mornings and another one 6 hours later ... I am still wheezing ... still no voice
This discussion has been closed.