• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Thursday, August 26th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 49 minute walk

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 12, 092

I am really getting tired of this heat wave we are having. It's been going on most of the month, and around here it is not just hot, it is also very humid!! It's making going for a walk less and less enjoyable.
  • annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    I have been MIA and my final weight is up for the month and I'm in a bit of an abyss mentally despite the best intentions and plans to do better.

SW: 168.2
    PW: 168.6
    FW/CW: 169.8

I'm going to try to shake things up a bit in September, and won't participate in the challenge. I'll try to pop in here to keep up with things, and hopefully be ready to regroup in October. <sigh>

So sorry to let you all, and myself, down this month!

KEEP ON ROCKING IT FRIENDS!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Weigh in: 187.1
    I'm so embarrassed at my weight today. I joined the Hogwart's challenge again to help motivate me for exericise. I did the exercise for that and worked out in the yard in 95+ degree weather. I'm also trying to get 8 cups of water in. So, I am hoping the weight has something to do with TOM and my body adjusting to a sudden exercise and water intake change.

@HASWLRS I hear ya! I get up before the sun comes up to take care of the flowers and I am still soaked with sweat by time I am done.
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Date: 08/26
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: no
    exercise: no
    Steps : 7062
    Water: 128

Just for today : 08/27, keto day 1, 6000steps🚶‍♀️, 18hr IF , read bible plan , read 2 chapters📚, Daily calm, walk 30 min, sleep 8 hr, PT , PFD

Yesterday:
    My 21st wedding anniversary so I have been cheating all day
    Back on track trying to decide which eating plan a 55 yr old post menopause woman should follow
  • CycleMomOf3
    CycleMomOf3 Posts: 336 Member
    I have been MIA and my final weight is up for the month and I'm in a bit of an abyss mentally despite the best intentions and plans to do better.

PW: 168.6
    FW/CW: 169.8

I'm going to try to shake things up a bit in September, and won't participate in the challenge. I'll try to pop in here to keep up with things, and hopefully be ready to regroup in October. <sigh>

So sorry to let you all, and myself, down this month!

KEEP ON ROCKING IT FRIENDS!

Hey lady. It's all about the journey, my friend. If you need someone to step in for you, just for September to help with updating the sheet, I'm happy to do so. I'm on everyday to log anyway, so it's not a big deal. Just let me know. I've often found that a reset is just what the proverbial doctor ordered to mix things up. :heart:
  • HASWLRS
    @annabananamc I am sorry to hear that you have fallen into the proverbial rabbit hole; a trip I have taken too many times myself! I completely understand that you need to switch things up in order to force a reset. Please do pop in often and let us know how you are doing and we hope to see you back for October with a renewed sense of purpose!

Since Christine has also been stuck in the rabbit hole as of late, she and I talked and I got myself access to the spreadsheet last night, so do not worry about that. And foremost, you are not letting anyone down! We all need to do what is best for us on this journey, and every journey is different; we are no good to anyone else unless we do!!

Good luck, Ann!
  • HASWLRS
    @brandi_84 Well done on joining the Hogwart's Challenge again to force yourself to make time for exercise! And as for the uptick on the scales, it definitely sounds like fluid retention for all the reasons you mentioned. So don't sweat it (or do, lol); just keep doing the right things!

@CycleMomOf3 Well done on the scales this morning! You were convinced that last week's weigh-in was some sort of anomaly and you were right! Welcome back to Onederland!!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    @CycleMomOf3 if you are interested, I think I will be stepping down for the September challenge and could use someone to step up as co captain/captain. If you or anyone else is interested.
  • HASWLRS
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Yesterday:
    My 21st wedding anniversary so I have been cheating all day
    Back on track trying to decide which eating plan a 55 yr old post menopause woman should follow

@murdog3t Happy Anniversary!! And of course it was a cheat day!!
  • CycleMomOf3
    @CycleMomOf3 if you are interested, I think I will be stepping down for the September challenge and could use someone to step up as co captain/captain. If you or anyone else is interested.

I'm happy to help in whatever way I can. I'm online every day anyway. I was wondering how you were managing so many challenges at once (and leading 2 of them!) :heart:
  • CycleMomOf3
    Between fitting in last-minute summer vacation fun for my kids, getting them ready for school again, getting ME ready for students teaching, prepping for my PECT tomorrow etc., this week has not been kind to me for getting cardio. But today, I took the kids for a 2 mile walk. I'll do a bike ride tomorrow, hopefully.

But we went along the river. We got a mile-ish out, turned around, started to come back when it started to sprinkle rain downpour torrential-flash-flood-pouring-down-stinging-rainstorm. So we went from being a bit grumpy before the walk (super hot and humid here) to laughing and puddle jumping and getting SOAKED for the second mile on our way back to the car. It will make for a great story one day, and a perfect, if unexpected, way to turn around the mood of the moment.

Still hoping for a quick bike ride tonight too, just to get out of my head tonight before the big exam tomorrow. We shall see what the weather holds.

8pqhmebpgegt.png

gcexlmmf4ct7.jpg

yjughyumprfs.jpg

• annabananamc
    annabananamc Posts: 415 Member
    I re-weighed myself tonight and since it's still Friday, I'm taking it

Final Weight: 169.2

Makes me hate myself a little less...and yes, I do know with all my logic mind that I should not base my self worth on the numbers on the scale, but I'm still working on learning that in my emotional brain!

On deck this weekend - bike ride on my road bike and paddle boarding with my sister for the first time ever. (She's very experienced and I've only tried it twice)
  • HASWLRS
    @CycleMomOf3 Traci, that is an extremely adorable picture of you and your three drenched, smiling children!! Best of luck tomorrow with your exam!

@annabananamc Yay for only being up one measly pound over the course of four weeks! Enjoy your bike ride and your paddle....they both sound like the "fun" kind of exercise!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    user name = maryc11
    Date = Friday August 27, 2021
    Tracked = Yes
    Exercise = Yes
    Under = Yes
    Water = 59 oz
    Steps = 8,948
  • HASWLRS
    Friday, August 27th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, a 54 minute walk

water: yes, 12 cups
    steps: 10,459

WEIGH-IN

No progress made in August, but no setbacks either. Now is the time to get serious. Bring on September!!
  • maryc11
    maryc11 Posts: 415 Member
    maryc11
    WEIGHIN = 198.2

***lost track of where I was since I asked to have my weight rolled over but here I am after a month of too much work, a very fun vacation and a break from the world, still in Onderland.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    username: thedestar
    weigh in day: friday
    weigh in week: august week 4
    previous weight: 179.0
    today's weight: 178.0

I was honestly expecting a bigger loss so disappointed but going to keep going. Consistency! Even though I haven't been here everyday I have been trying to keep track for the mini UAC

Sunday- no
    Monday- yes
    Tuesday- yes
    Wednesday- yes
    Thursday- yes
    Friday- yes

I need to do better on the weekends for sure.