What to do BEFORE you start!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Mackinawkid
    Mackinawkid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bumping! Looking to start in March & could use the support and advice from others
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it.. thank you for the information @rduhlir!
  • NicNacYaf
    NicNacYaf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some valuable information here, thank you.
  • moniquebryan
    moniquebryan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • Rpp1986
    Rpp1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello - I completed week 1 today and will start week 2 on Tuesday. Is there anyone around my start time. Looking for an accountability partner or two or three. I use a Fitbit also. Message me and we can do challenges.
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello I have a question. I've downloaded an app couch to 5 I but I want to use it on my elliptical. Is that possible ? Are there people here who are doing this? I don't like to walk outside that's the reason.
  • stoked2b
    stoked2b Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Kamille68 wrote: »
    Hello I have a question. I've downloaded an app couch to 5 I but I want to use it on my elliptical. Is that possible ? Are there people here who are doing this? I don't like to walk outside that's the reason.

See https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/663453/c25k-on-elliptical
  • Kamille68
    Kamille68 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I read the other discussion. I did it yesterday evening and I loved it. Normally I walking at the same speed but this was different. I want to do this program on my elliptical. It's better for my knees. Maybe I'm going to do this on my stationary bike also.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    The ellipticals I use at the gym have programs that change periodically throughout the workout with different speeds, positions, actions, etc. It is a very good workout. It will not prepare you for running a 5k.

Do whatever you can to keep moving!
  • CCress96
    CCress96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm staring tomorrow! Excited to get back into running
  • Mawnstroe
    Mawnstroe Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Started last week on my own but I also joined a running club that is doing the C25K challenge to prepare for a 5K it is sponsoring in May and the program starts on Tuesday. I figured I'd just repeat the first week since I've never done any distance running in my life. I started the C25K program a couple years ago and stopped at week 4 due to an injury (unrelated to running). My reward for getting through the program is a really nice pair of running shoes. I have good running shoes now (my son who runs distance in the Army recommended them) but I didn't want to throw so much money at something that I might not finish. I have always wanted to be able to run regularly so a nice pair of running shoes is the perfect reward! Send me a friend invite to see my progress, my diary is also open. If I want what healthy people have, I must do what healthy people do!

3704646.png
  • AngeliqueBundy
    AngeliqueBundy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m so new to these communities. I love them!

What do I do though? Do I post my runs here? I don’t see anyone else’s here?

Thank you!
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m so new to these communities. I love them!

What do I do though? Do I post my runs here? I don’t see anyone else’s here?

Thank you!

Look at the "March group?" thread - there's a few of us in there still
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow great tips and advice. I used to run miles an miles an miles. The tip on going to the doctor is great had a heart attack at 35 an was running 3 to 5 miles a day training for a triathlon. You never know. That was 10 years ago may 9. Had other injuries at same time due to military. Well it was a mind break. I let it win. Being able to set my plate on my gut was like a slap in the face to me at what I became. I tried losing weight a couple years ago on for other ppl an not me I failed. This time it’s for me an I know I will succeed. My motto this time is DON’T QUIT an I won’t. Looking at c2 5k apps at the moment any suggestions. Already started by walking up to 4 miles walking, Afraid to run yet due to knees an bouncing fat. Lol want to lose a few more l bs before I run. I miss the zone you go into when you run, it melts away the stress an worries.
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this group! The info is great! I've always wanted to start but I knew I'd be a lot slower! This gave me confidence to go ahead and get started!
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Great information as I get started! Thank you!
  • Jr4120
    Jr4120 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m new to this group. I’m getting back in to running after covid slowed me down then a back injury stopped me for a bit. Great tips thank you.
  • Rarockhill
    Rarockhill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this group still active? I did C25K 10 years ago and loved it. Got to the point where I was running 3-5 miles 4 days a week. Then divorce, death of a parent and Covid led to the decline of running and a 40# weight gain. It's time to start again - Would love the support of a group! Anyone still here?? :smile:
  • klmfosterrn2378
    klmfosterrn2378 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    10 years after this original post. I appreciate it. New to it!