Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    @rwood566
    Your story is also amazing. Losing half your body weight is an awesome accomplishment. Great exercise day! Where I live masks are still mandatory. In Newfoundland, you don’t have to wear masks but we will be while we are there.

@jimboden3
    It’s great to see you post. Love that quote. Can you give me a starting weight and are you still weighing on Monday?
  • lindamtuck2018
    @bonnierose49
    This is the team chat.

Hey all, Bonnie is a fellow Newfoundlander!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everyone. Weekend is only half over, so get out and enjoy tomorrow.

Check in for 8/28:
    Steps - 4486.
    Calories - 1620 or so. Only took me 5 minutes to forget the number tonight.
    Exercise - gym this afternoon. 7 machines and 22 minutes on the treadmill. I didn't have to hold onto the rails this time. I had enough room to wobble. I'm not as wide as before. Woot.

Monday is toasted marshmallow day. Get your fires ready. Tuesday is trail mix day. A nice snack while you all are out walking. Next saturday is tailgating day. You all have a week to plan so make some delicious and healthy choices to use.

Have a great second half of the weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,039 Member
    edited August 2021
    Note to Everyone... I am setting up the September Step Challenge Spreadsheet... Please let me know if you want to be added , removed, change your step goal ,be excused or have your excused be removed ..Thank you for your cooperation :)

I am doing my earlier friendly reminder of people's steps I need for August ....Can we please try to get them in early? I would like to have them in by the end of the day on Monday the 30th ... I would like to post the top 5 top steppers for August week 4 and then for the entire month as soon as possible...Thank you for understanding :)

@littleflutterby 8/24-8/28
    @azkunk 8/22- 8/28
    @amymartin555 8/23- 8/28
    @Jpedno 8/28
    @mthomas0228 8/27& 8/28
    @tahm42 8/22- 8/28
    @Shannonsto 8/26-8/28

Thanks for your cooperation ladies :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Daily Check-in: Saturday 08/28

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✔️Gym 6/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

08/22 - 10,024
    08/23 - 14,595
    08/24 - 13,246
    08/25 - 17,804
    08/26 - 13,342
    08/27 - my Fitbit broke but I know I got more than 10.000 for the day, even more than 13,000 but I’m gonna stick with 10,000 for today.
    08/28 - 12,890

Good and blessed Sunday morning team!! ☀️

It’s new week and sundays are always booty days at the gym! 🍑🍑🍑

Had a good strength session and a 20 minute walk to finish off. No running today as I did 5k yesterday. Will do my running tomorrow.

Gonna do some cleaning here at home today and that’s gonna be about it.

Have a great one Fam 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    jozaxpi0cljk.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…

IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • mari_moulin
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? I am a 42 year old mom of 3 boys. 2 teens and one youngling. Married for 20 years with the best guy ever. I have struggled with my weight my entire life. 5 years ago I started my journey for a healthier life. I was 338.8 Lbs and I Lost about 70 Lbs. I then decided to have the gastric bypass surgery. Since then I’ve continued on my weight loss any fitness journey. My lowest weight was 164 Lbs and have regained over the past 2 years. I am now at 208.4 Lbs and trying my best to bring that back down. My goal weight is 170.
    2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? To have a healthier life for both me and my family. I want to be around as long as I can and not be a burden to my children s I get older. I want to be an active grandma when the time comes. I started when I noticed that I couldn’t keep up with my kids. It was time to get off my butt and get moving.
    3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? My biggest triggers are salty snacks. If a bag of chips is opened I am guaranteed to finish them. Also any type of stress or emotional situations pushes me to snack. I’m a stress eater.
    4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb I don’t have a diet I follow. I pretty much do CICO. I work out a lot and try to make healthy reasonable choices for my food.
    5. What is your favourite way to workout? I love all workouts. I will try everything but I do tend to prefer weightlifting and anything having to do with dancing.
    6. What are some of your goals this month? I try not to set ridiculous goals as I tend to not achieve them and then I’m disappointed. I would like to keep the scale moving downward. Ideally a lb a week but This is not set in stone as my weight lifting program is helping me gain muscle and the scale is not reflecting the work I’m doing.
    7. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    what I need is what I’ve gotten from the get to. Amazing people who push me and motivate me and don’t shun me or scold me when Im not doing well. I’ve always had people lift me and guide me when things are not going the way I want. Thank you all for being such great friends ♥️

I would like to use this opportunity to welcome all new members to our awesome team. A very special shout out to my brotha from anotha motha Greg @THUNDER5453. He has been a huge asset to our group in previous years and it’s so nice to have him back. We are lucky to have him on our team!

I’m so happy you’ve joined us again. We are gonna kick so much butt 💪🏻♥️👍🏻
  • mari_moulin
    edited August 2021
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy saturday.

I wanted to do more machines but people were claiming the machines and just standing around chatting. Frustrating. There was 1 mask in the building, mine, even though the state made the suggestion for all to wear them.

Argh I hat wit when they do this! It happens at my gym as well. Less of an issue for me when I go at 5:3 am but after 8 am it’s a nightmare. I am so over it now and walk up to people and ask are you done with this machine so they know someone is waiting for it. We no longer wear our masks in our gym although we have to wear them to walk around the lobby area. They did however make it mandatory to have the Covid vaccine. All badges are turned off and can only be reactivated once you come in with your proof of vaccination.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    hello, everyone.
    lindamtuck2018 asked what are some of my august successes. my main one is a week ago i lost half of my body weight. it took 29 months and 2 days to go from 566.6 to 283.2.

Wow! Absolute beast. What an inspiration !! You’ve come such a long way and I cannot wait to be a witness of you reaching those goals !
  • KatLadyLove2
    KatLadyLove2 Posts: 38 Member
    Username: KatLadyLove2
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 293
    CW: 287.8

Looking forward to September's challenge! 😄
  • lindamtuck2018
    Here’s to a great September Challenge!

zqgmmix7l6cp.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Abi2131
    Welcome to the team! It is great to learn about you. Walking is a great way to exercise. Do you have any nice walking routes? I hope the team is a great asset to your journey.

@rwood566
    That’s a great NSV being able to wobble on treadmill.

@mari_moulin
    Work that booty! I love reading the answers to the questions. I don’t know if everyone on the team knows you started this group. I am so thankful to you for that. I would not have lost weight or got through the bumps without the group.

@KatLadyLove2
    Fantastic loss! What a great start to the challenge.

@Aqualang26
    Congrats on your loss! Slow and steady is a great motto.

@red1185
    Nice loss! Your steps are great. I am sure that it is hectic teaching. What grades do you teach?
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sorry I am late!
    CW 137

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/23 4,248
    8/24 3,989
    8/25 2,827
    8/26 2,348
    8/27 2,033
    8/28 4,587
  • lindamtuck2018
    Saturday check in

✅ Steps
    ✅ Sleep Score (above 75)
    ✅ Exercise
    ❌ Reminders 6/8

I did get a short swim yesterday. After I spent a few minutes stretching. As I will be not doing a daily check in after Thursday I am just going to have steps, exercise and water as my goals for the rest of the week. Sleep is something that is hit and miss these days so it is not a realistic goal. Same with the reminders to move. I missed one yesterday as I was driving in the car. When I get back I will set some realistic goals.

My plan for today is a good swim, workout and stretch. The rest of the day I am doing some housework and making a check list for my trip. We leave at 6 am on Friday so I want to start Monday getting everything ready.

Have a super Sunday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday numbers

Steps
    Swim
    17 minutes moderate
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2021
    Abi2131
    Weigh in day Sunday.
    PW - 97.8
    CW - 97.1
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    @jimboden3 I love that you have hit all 50 states with you family. I want to try this!!!
This discussion has been closed.