Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I would love to be on the step Challenge
    Daily step goal is 13k
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3
    It’s great to see you post. Love that quote. Can you give me a starting weight and are you still weighing on Monday?

Hi Linda - Yes, I'm restarting my weigh-ins tomorrow. I guess my starting weight will be 213.6 which is last Monday. Sigh - I have some work to do to get back to where I was before my injury.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options

1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I live in the high desert of beautiful New Mexico. 40 years old, married with a cat named Winston. I’m an avid gardener and really into native plants. I work in the non-profit industry.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    So many reasons. I turned 40 last year during the pandemic. Weight has crept up over the years, my clothes don’t fit anymore. I am on a ton of meds right now for ulcerative colitis, including prednisone. I want to be healthy and I know it isn’t going to get easier the older I get.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?
    Emotional eating, eating whatever I want when I’m sick. Also, alcohol makes me eat more and not care about consequences. Food triggers are cookies, baked goods, bread, cheese, crackers, ice cream, etc. I generally only allow for one drink during the week- usually Saturday night after weigh in. I try not to buy crackers or cookies. Another big trigger is travel eating... wanting to experience everything when I travel (like gelato every day in Italy)

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    i just try to count calories. It doesn’t work for me to eliminate Foods. Moderation keeps me sane. I can’t imagine a life where I can never have pizza, cookies, wine. Otherwise I am vegetarian. But I am also 5’ tall so if I am not diligent about measuring and counting it is very easy to go over my calories.

5. What is your favourite way to workout?
    with friends! Love a walk or hike with friends or with a good podcast or playlist. I also really like classes at the gym - spin and bodypump (weight lifting to music) are my go to classes right now. In the past I have been a (slow)runner and into yoga.

6. What are some of your goals this month?
    Stick with it. Not get complacent. Count my calories every day and take advantage of fresh summer produce.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team?
    Inspiration, motivation, strategies for this journey

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

Sleep is something that is hit and miss these days so it is not a realistic goal. Same with the reminders to move. I missed one yesterday as I was driving in the car. When I get back I will set some realistic goals.

I’m also struggling to get my sleep in. I’m aiming for at least 7 hours a night but I’m always under. Some days as low as 3 hours. It’s quite difficult because I need to get up very early for gym but can’t go to bed until all the boys are out. Especially Sam who will get up and wonder around if I fall asleep before him. I hope things normalize once everyone is back in school.
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

Just back from vacation and it was so great to relax and see family. I also received a job offer. I am so looking forward to finalizing that on Monday. My husband starts his new job Monday as well. Time to get our lives back on track after a long diversion for so many but specifically my beloved travel industry.

This also is a time for me to start new routines with kids going back to school and me back to work. I think I have some time before I start so if I do I plan to pack the freezers with healthy family dinners.

Congratulations on your new jobs! Wishing you both the absolute best! Good luck getting yourself back into a somewhat. Penal routine with back to school. Any wait to see what you prep for your family dinners!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,401 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I would love to be on the step Challenge
    Daily step goal is 13k

Awesome I will add you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/22 6,369
    8/23 6,338
    8/24 11,783
    8/25 6,759
    8/26 5,745
    8/27 10,091
    8/28 11,580
  • bonnierose49
    bonnierose49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bonnierose49
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 236.8
    CW 236.8
    Thank you @LindaMTuck for inviting me to this group
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Y'all! Things have been crazy! Moved my daughter into her first college apartment a week and a half ago, then went back last week to bring her some things and help with a few things like hanging curtains and such. My son went back to college 7.5 hours from home about a week ago. I've been taking care of my mom. My dad needs a little help as well.

Now, we are about to be impacted greatly by Hurricane Ida today and tonight! I got on here briefly to post my steps for last week. My mom, dad and daughter are now here at my house because they all had to evacuate their homes. My husband works at a hospital so I had to bring him to work this morning, and he packed an overnight bag because he won't be able to get home tonight. This hurricane will be catastrophic to many. For our home, we will lose power, possibly water, trees will be down, streets flooded, but our home should be okay if a tree does not come down on it. We have a whole house generator.

Please send good thoughts and prayers for me and my family that we are safe today and tonight! This will be very scary later today. Just for reference, I live in Covington/Abita Springs, Louisiana. My dad lives in Slidell. My daughter goes to college at LSU in Baton Rouge.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »
    Y'all! Things have been crazy! Moved my daughter into her first college apartment a week and a half ago, then went back last week to bring her some things and help with a few things like hanging curtains and such. My son went back to college 7.5 hours from home about a week ago. I've been taking care of my mom. My dad needs a little help as well.

Now, we are about to be impacted greatly by Hurricane Ida today and tonight! I got on here briefly to post my steps for last week. My mom, dad and daughter are now here at my house because they all had to evacuate their homes. My husband works at a hospital so I had to bring him to work this morning, and he packed an overnight bag because he won't be able to get home tonight. This hurricane will be catastrophic to many. For our home, we will lose power, possibly water, trees will be down, streets flooded, but our home should be okay if a tree does not come down on it. We have a whole house generator.

Please send good thoughts and prayers for me and my family that we are safe today and tonight! This will be very scary later today. Just for reference, I live in Covington/Abita Springs, Louisiana. My dad lives in Slidell. My daughter goes to college at LSU in Baton Rouge.

I hope everyone is safe ...You are in my thoughts .......hugs
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    iradi8 wrote: »

Keeping you in my prayers. May this hurricane pass quickly and with not too much damage to your area. Stay safe and keep us updated ♥️
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Not my best week, had little energy but still tried ^^
    • Monday 4 919
    • Tuesday 17 845
    • Wednesday 8 890
    • Thursday 5 830
    • Friday 12 786
    • Saturday 20 673
    • Sunday 13 028

Total: 83 980 (let me know if it's helpful to you if I put my weekly total, fitbit calculates it automatically!)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Not my best week, had little energy but still tried ^^
    • Monday 4 919
    • Tuesday 17 845
    • Wednesday 8 890
    • Thursday 5 830
    • Friday 12 786
    • Saturday 20 673
    • Sunday 13 028

Total: 83 980 (let me know if it's helpful to you if I put my weekly total, fitbit calculates it automatically!)

Thanks you don't have to... once I enter all numbers it calculates it automatically on the spreadsheet
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Will catch up on rest of posts later today
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    AND WITH THAT, WE'VE COMPLETED THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST