Mission Slimpossibles - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

minstrelofsarcasm
minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
1705f69305d08d542cd0c4f37ab51f14.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of the Fat2Fit moderators and your Mission Slimpossibles captain along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @trooworld, and @Katmary71.

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee is the one that puts your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. As an add-on feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly Challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant for my small church and a volunteer teacher in our children’s ministry.

I’ve been chasing a healthy goal weight since I was 11 years old, and this year has me closer than I’ve ever been. I’ve lost almost 90 lbs. and have another 20ish lbs. to go. I do best when I eat a low-carb diet and currently, I’m doing Data Driven Fasting, where I check my blood sugar to determine when I can eat.
    I also enjoy working out and do Beachbody on Demand programs and I walk on my treadmill.

For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, watch TV, and play with my dog.
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • TeresaW1020
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,480 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm Kathy and I'm a team motivator along with the awesome and amazing @AustinRuadhain and @trooworld , I've been part of this group for a little over two, maybe two-and-a-half years now, I'm 49 and live in the Sacramento area in CA. I'm disabled and do mostly seated cardio, strength, stretching, and gardening along with reading these days. I'm mostly trying to find balance with my pain issues right now, I have CRPS and some other health issues. I'm over goal weight right now and trying to get back down to 150lbs. I'm not currently working and volunteer at the food bank farm and for a local organization, we're currently planning an event to raise money for an animal shelter in Sacramento next month that I'm really excited to be part of so I'll probably be talking about that a lot.

This is a great team, so glad to be part of it and hope you all feel welcome!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I’m afraid I have been horrible at checking in over these last two months on a regular basis. After the last year and a half, there has been so much family & friends to catch up with and I have been making up for lost time over the summer!
    I have about 15 to 20 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. I am not sure if I will settle at 135 or 140, I will know when I get there.:).
    I am really looking to reach goal weight before the year end!
    My brother and nephew just went home yesterday after staying with me for a week, grandchildren will be in school/play school after next week so I anticipate being a regular at checking in again!
    Really looking forward to kicking September off in a great way!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Hi. My name is Jan I am 76, looking at 77 in just a few weeks. I live in Indiana with my 17 mo old Standard Poodle Abby.

I am working very hard to get rid of the weight I gained during the Pandemic. I had reached goal and maintained for about 9 months when the pandemic hit. I have about 20 more to go and hope to make goal (again) by Christmas.

In addition to walking my dog. I have a horse that I ride 5 times a week, volunteer for several diffrrent organizations, and participate in two book clubs.
  • jan110144
    My first real challenge for the month happened yesterday ... birthday party/dinner with a group of friends. Planned ahead, took a small portion of everything (including the cake!), and logged everything very conservatively. Ended day within calorie allowance🙂. Very pleased with myself! (did not feel deprived at all). Having a day like this and not having it derail me for a day or two is major for me! Good practice for the next two weeks ... a day trip scheduled for next Sat and a weekend trip the week after. Will get a chance to see if yesterday was an accident or if I can do it again (and again)!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Hi all! I'm one of your team motivators. I live in southern California with my husband and prince of a pug. I am currently tracking my food elsewhere, I am a member of WW although I might cancel my membership soon because I'm not seeing good results right now. That may or may not be user error! LOL I work a full-time job (3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week I work from home) and just recently started going to a boxing fitness class which I love. My biggest struggle is the weekend, it's my weakend. I'm trying to change things up to get a handle on it though. I enjoy reading, making artwork, photography, camping, and hiking. Now, on to my check-in...

@Firefly743 @Jwhitegarcia Great losses this week!

@leayjw Welcome, Lea! This is a great place to be.

@jan110144 Well done with the birthday celebration and ending with a deficit!

@apple852hk Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to get you on the defensive with your goal weight. It's just something to think about. What prompted the question is not that it's been a year since you've managed to maintain, I didn't even realize that. It was that I see you struggling to gain control over the chocolate. I thought maybe if your goal weight was a little higher, it would allow for some chocolate to fit into your day within reason. But I don't know, maybe that wouldn't work. I guess I was just thinking. I'm sorry if it put you on the defense, it certainly wasn't my intention. Doing collages would be a great way to avoid eating chocolate. You don't want to get chocolate all over your work! ;) Wow, congrats on the fantastic loss this week!

Hi all. We celebrated my SIL's birthday yesterday. I was so busy running around yesterday that I didn't have time to eat lunch. I just ate breakfast and then ate at the birthday celebration. We brought Chinese food over along with a homemade cake. I had a small piece of cake and just one plate of food while others were getting seconds. I didn't go to boxing yesterday because of all the running around and today, I won't go either because of having to do something. I will get back to it at Thursday's class.

TRACKING CHALLENGE: Tracked 100% yesterday, not tracked yet for today.
    My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • mcmart11
    mcmart11 Posts: 13 Member
    Username: mcmart11
    Weigh In Day: sundays
    PW (Previous Weight): 194.6
    CW (Current Weight): 192.6

I am pretty surprised with this big drop of weight, for a month straight I was at a plateau and now it is dropping!

I have planned out meals for the week, will need to do a day or two of just cooking.
  • TeresaW1020
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    AND WITH THAT, WE'VE COMPLETED THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST
    winners-2020.png

ql92ag2hn24v.png

vjsciew4fo44.png

OUR WINNING TEAMS

By Percent
    yj04nhrgzosb.png

By Pounds
    62g8k8n91rb5.png

OUR WINNING MEMBERS

By Percent
    95zb78owthin.png

By Pounds
    62ax9j350lm4.png

ti600kvgssyn.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)

sn3wjj12y6an.png
  • coolscience181
    coolscience181 Posts: 11 Member
    @Jwhitegarcia congratulations on your weight loss! It is super inspiring
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m Gabi from VA and for my 50th in January I want to reach my goal, as I have “only” 15lb left, the most stubborn ones 😁.
    I’ve been with this group for a year and lost very slow, with stretches of unplanned maintenance in between.
    I’m married, have one daughter in HS and the other heading for grad school on the other coast, and I have a FT desk job.
    My main form of exercise is walking with or without the dog, even on days when I really don’t feel it (It’s still quite hot here with temps in the 90’s and humidity to the roof).
    Happy September everyone!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    8/22  194.0
    8/29  192.8
  • jan110144
    @leayjw - You are definitely not alone! This past year has been a real challenge. I think many of us (me!) find ourselves in the same position. We can all do this together.

@trooworld - I bet boxing is a great exercise. I don't find weekends per se a challenge (I am retired ... every day is a weekend). However I do find unstructured days when I don't have much to do are problematic. On those days I make sure to have a 'to do' list to keep me focused. Idle time seems to be when I start having food thoughts.

@mcmart11 - Congrats on the two pound loss!

@Jwhitegarcia - 50 pounds is a great accomplishment. Congratulations!!!

@GabiV125 - This hot weather makes walking outside a real chore. Fortunately, I have a young dog (17 months old) that insists on walks morning and evening. Will be nice, though, when I don't have to do them so early and so late. Definitely going to be better here this week ... back into the 70s on Tuesday after a number of days in the 90s. Can't wait!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Nice weight loss!!
  • Jwhitegarcia
    Jwhitegarcia Posts: 35 Member
    @Jwhitegarcia congratulations on your weight loss! It is super inspiring

Thank you so much! I appreciate it.
  • TeresaW1020
    @jan110144 I am planning to try to lose 20 lbs and make goal by Christmas too. It won’t be easy for us with the holidays but I believe that if we really give it our all we can do it! Right? :grin: And good for you for a very successful birthday party/dinner. You planned, logged, and enjoyed without guilt or regret. That is the way to do it!! B)

@leayjw Welcome to the group! I think you are our youngest team member and our first from Singapore. How fun! :grin: School can definitely be a very stressful time and suffering from a leg injury has its own stress. You focus on your physical and mental health and the weight will follow. We look forward to supporting you on your journey. :)

@trooworld The birthday party sounded fun and like you did very well with portion control. :) Are you working on getting in any other physical activity when you're not boxing? I know it’s too hot to walk outside right now. When is your membership up with WW? Is that when you will decide what to do?

@mcmart11 Yayyy on your great weight loss! We call that a whoosh and they are fantastic! :grin: What kind of meals have you planned? We love to know what each other are eating around here. B)

@Jwhitegarcia Wahooooo and congrats on your 50 lb. loss!! That is incredible and a real testimony to what hard work will do. You should be VERY proud of yourself. :smiley: I think the closer you get to the goal it’s a good idea to reassess from time to time. I say I have 22 lbs. to go but I don’t really know that for sure. I’ve never been this close to my goal so who the heck knows! :D

@GabiV125 Where do you live? I’m in Georgia so 90s and humid are two things I know very well too. I can’t wait for fall!! ;)

@vegan4lyfe2012 NICE loss this week! How have you been doing? How are your kids? I was thinking about your son and praying for his safety and for your peace of mind. <3

:star: Congrats to us for making second place this last week on the leaderboard. And a special shout out to @theGlwUp, @Firefly743, and @Jwhitegarcia for being our top three biggest losers!! B):star:

Hi Team! It was another hot day in the good ole South! I sure am ready for sweater weather! grin: Today was my first-day teaching K-2nd grade Sunday school. I have been doing 3rd – 5th and children’s church. I have 4 Kindergarteners and I learned that I will have to revise what I had planned to do and make it a whole lot simpler! I have one 2nd grade little boy, but he is very young for his age, so he will benefit from something easier too. I think it will be great once we all get in the groove. :grin: I’m all set for a new month to start. I opened the Quit Sugar Challenge thread and so far, no one has joined me. Maybe, I’m just a little too early and there will be members to jump on board. I know some of you said you would be joining. Hint hint!!! ;):p

AUGUST ACCOUNTABILITY
    1. Log Food 100% (Cal 1400 or less, Protein 95+ grams): I was under calories and over on protein.
    2. No Sugar (less than 5 grams of added sugar & less than 15 grams natural sugar): 0.4 grams of added sugar, 12.3 grams of natural sugars
    3. Exercise (BOD program and/or 30-day challenge, church cleaning):I took today off
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
This discussion has been closed.