Chat. Happy or grumpy. We’re here for it all.

Options

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,584 Member
    Options
    I stayed up too late filling meds for my husband’s use.

I lost track of time and didn’t exercise.

Sigh. Tomorrow is another day.

Here is a meme for tax.

gogjt84jha9d.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It happens ☺ today is a new day!

Good morning everyone. I think if I understand my colonoscopy prep instructions I can't have raw veggies starting today? I have a bunch of baby spinach in the fridge and was going to have some with a hard boiled egg for lunch. Glad I remembered.

Hope you all have a great day
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I’m the last person to throw my nose up about not exercising. Life happens! That said, I also know I feel much better when I do get my heart rate up and get some exercise in.

I’m still trying to wake up and decide what to do with my day. I have my normal Sunday routine - laundry, deep clean kitchen, dust and floors. I also need to run over and do some things at my Mom’s to prepare for her going home from the hospital sometime this week. She had surgery and has been in rehab about two weeks. That may be all my body can handle today.

Have a great day everyone! 😊
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Hope your mom is doing much better!! Feel like doing my kitchen after? ;)
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    I don’t even want to do mine. 😂
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Happy Monday :) I've been looking for a job for a few months now with no luck. Probably because of the huge gap on my resume (( ('m on disability, but its just not livable wages )). Any tips on fluffing it up?

Other than that, nothing much going on. Its been SUPER hot for September the past few days so I haven't gotten out to walk, which is just a crappy excuse. I'm going to go skim the exercise thread and see if I can find some good, small equipment for my dining room.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Happy Monday!

I don’t really have any resume tips. It’s been 20ish years since I actively searched for a job. I’m fortunate my employer accommodates my needs and has rewarded my dedication. I know when I used to hire, the interview was where I wanted people shine.

I’m struggling to get my head on straight today and concentrate. I went out for a walk and haven’t been able to find pain relief through normal means since. Today can’t end soon enough.

• LynneM1980
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that!! Not too much longer in the day, thankfully. Is there anything I can help with?
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Awww 🥰 it’s kind of you to ask. Nope, I just have to hang tough a bit longer and see where I land when I get home.

I feel some of it is mental since I broke down and made the doctors apt. Like she is going to magically fix the world when I walk in her office, 🤣, instead of realizing this is going to be a long drawn out process. Reality is, I’ve been in worse shape and there are plenty of people in this world with bigger worries and health problems. Sometimes it’s about perspective.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    LynneM1980 wrote: »
    Happy Monday :) I've been looking for a job for a few months now with no luck. Probably because of the huge gap on my resume (( ('m on disability, but its just not livable wages )). Any tips on fluffing it up?

Other than that, nothing much going on. Its been SUPER hot for September the past few days so I haven't gotten out to walk, which is just a crappy excuse. I'm going to go skim the exercise thread and see if I can find some good, small equipment for my dining room.

Fluffing up the resume:
    What have you got in it?
    What kind of job are you seeking?
    Awww 🥰 it’s kind of you to ask. Nope, I just have to hang tough a bit longer and see where I land when I get home.

I feel some of it is mental since I broke down and made the doctors apt. Like she is going to magically fix the world when I walk in her office, 🤣, instead of realizing this is going to be a long drawn out process. Reality is, I’ve been in worse shape and there are plenty of people in this world with bigger worries and health problems. Sometimes it’s about perspective.

Making the appointment is half the battle. Well done.

• MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’m going to the zoo!
    With my husband, my partner, my kid, his wife, and her dad!

First time we’ve seen each other since my daughter in law’s amazing mother passed.
    We’re going to spend family time, and cheer up her dad some.

It will be the first time I’ll be renting a mobility scooter for an outing. That should be fun.
    I’ll have my walker with me also.

I’ll try to take a picture or two.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Have fun! 😀
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Have a blast at the zoo!!

I'm looking for something that pays more than I get with Ssdi, which doesn't take much. I've got my education on there (bachelor's) and three totally unrelated jobs lol
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    iytazok3w2rq.jpg

We had a preying msntis on the house this morning ☺
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    y11jh55cmhiv.jpeg
    bfv6b1i5ijbr.jpeg
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Looks like a fun day! :D Thanks for sharing.
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Looks like so much fun!! Hope you had the best day :)

Fasting today for my procedure tomorrow. Think benign no cancer thoughts for me please!!! I've got unsalted broth to sip on ( tastes foul.. oops ) and stole one of the hub's pepsi cans. I normally don't drink it but it says pepsi is OK on my prep paperwork, and I have a headache so I was hoping the caffeine would help.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I’m sending you positive energy and warm thoughts, Lynne. Good luck with the fast. Stay positive! 😊
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    It was LOTS of fun!

And when I was reviewing the photos I realized my daughter in law looked skinnier.
    I asked my son (the tall guy there) this morning and yup. She’s down at least 40 lbs.
    on purpose.
    She’s rockin’ a Garmin watch there in the photo. And a bag of cotton candy. Which she was nibbling on - not scarfing.

I’m so proud of her. 💙💙💙💙💙

@lynneM1980 Sending up good wishes for tomorrow.
    I have used zinc diaper rash barrier cream to protect my nether regions from digestive stuff during the …. uh…. Purge. Just a thought.
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Thanks!! And thanks for the tip Margaret!