Chat. Happy or grumpy. We’re here for it all.

Options

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Day three of long days outside the house.
    Tuesday was the best. Zoo with loved ones.
    Yesterday was the car dealership for an oil change and check up. And they discovered a rodent nest in the air intake system. Sigh.
    Got it cleaned out, though.
    Then we stopped at the restaurant supply store. Got a HUGE rack of ribs for $3 a pound. AND some roasted garlic. That’s probably tomorrow night’s dinner.
    And Saturday

… and Sunday lunch….

Today? The VA. Checking up on my husband’s everything.

At least the drive this morning was gorgeous. That helped. Definitely.

zzta3odk8k28.jpeg
    9xuw6m2iig6m.jpeg
    v6821mv6hn4u.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Such a beautiful skyline!! Where is that? ( I'm nosy )

Tests came back OK. Doc didn't do the biopsy :| he referred me to yet another doctor. He did find one polyp and remove it for testing though. I rewarded myself for fasting for more than 36 hours with a dairy queen ice cream cone afterwards lol. Home now and relaxing, I'm exhausted! I'm really unclear as to what is going on with my body, so I'll call the doctor tomorrow when I'm not as loopyity loo and ask.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I’m glad to hear no biopsy. Hopefully thanither doc can help! I had DQ after my doc apt. Yesterday too! 😂

I see the Space Needle in Margaret’s photo that looks like it’s taken on a ferry, so I going to guess Seattle.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’m glad to hear no biopsy. Hopefully thanither doc can help! I had DQ after my doc apt. Yesterday too! 😂

I see the Space Needle in Margaret’s photo that looks like it’s taken on a ferry, so I going to guess Seattle.

With Tuesday’s milkshake that makes all three of us ice cream fans!

Yup. Seattle.
    Such a long three days. But it’s over now.
    If I had known when I was younger what an absolute PITA it is to get to any doctor appointments beyond basic care?
    I would have chosen Tacoma instead of the peninsula.

But here we are. In the middle of nowhere.

I am also glad to hear no biopsy, @LynneM1980
    Husband was fine at the VA. Mostly the news was good. He’s been exercising daily on the NuStep for a year and a half. It’s made a HUGE difference in his health.
    He’s using so much less insulin. And today the dr dropped his long term insulin another 5 units. Also? He’s lost 8 pounds. Which is perfect.

Got some shopping done on the way home.
    Some sweatpants for my partner. Hopefully he will decide to lose some weight also. I’m not going to push him. That won’t work. But he really needs to drop probably 150 to 200.
    He does sometimes just follow my lead eventually. Fingers crossed.

For me? New nail polish and a purple glitter unicorn onesie. Which, a few years ago I couldn’t fit in. But this time? Ya. OK. It’s a 3x. But it is ROOMY and very comfy.

Tomorrow I need to get some pears in the dehydrator.
    That’s pretty much all the news.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Sounds like busy times but with fun and positive outcomes. Love the unicorn onesie purchase. I have a minion onesie. It’s not particularly warm but was a fun gift from my Dad years ago and so it has sentimental ties.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Well.. best laid plans and all that.

Wind storm here that I hadn’t anticipated.
    Power is out. It’s been out almost an hour. And my phone is dying.

I may have to resort to powering it up using the NuStep.
    Ya. That’s a thing. Never thought it would be as handy as it’s about to be. 🤣
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Hopefully power is up soon! Sounds like a great excuse to get in some time on the bike 😂

Internet is out here. No clue why.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Annnnd…. One of our trees just fell.

Not, apparently, our beloved walnuts. I hope…. My partner is out investigating now.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    Eek! Sounds like a doozy of a storm. We are supposed to get hit with rain and wind starting tonight.

Even some snow in the Cascades predicted for the weekend, over 6000 ft.

I have my fingers crossed for a major rain event — help with fires, clear the smoky air, and really feel like fall.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Eek! Sounds like a doozy of a storm. We are supposed to get hit with rain and wind starting tonight.

Even some snow in the Cascades predicted for the weekend, over 6000 ft.

I have my fingers crossed for a major rain event — help with fires, clear the smoky air, and really feel like fall.

Cascades…?
    You sound suspiciously close to the Olympic Peninsula.
    Seems like we’re dealing with the same storm.

Partner checked out the downed tree. It took out two of our neighbor’s sheds. Sheds they built either ON the property line or very close to it.
    They’re not the nicest people, to put it mildly. So I anticipate a call from their insurance company. Jokes on them. Pretty sure the tree was on the county right of way. Whatever they lost in those two sheds? Their own bleepity fault for putting sheds there. We have enough land here to have, y’know…. Not done that.

Power is back on here. Not enough time to cook the ribs. So we’re having burgers with blue cheese. Parter is cooking, as he almost always does.
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    I’m in Oregon.

Sounds like bad luck for the neighbors.

Glad the power is back on!

• MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’m in Oregon.

Sounds like bad luck for the neighbors.

Glad the power is back on!

Power’s off again. 🤣
    At least my phone is at 75% this time.

Power was on exactly long enough for Partner to make spaghetti and meatballs.

Today is the first day he has used our new burger mold. And he is VERY happy with it.
    We will be freezing premade (read: MEASURED PORTIONS) burgers.

Win win win.

pb4kzc5mti1r.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Oh geeze! It seems so early for a winter storm, but I guess that is what I get for living in the I guess midwest? Still in the 90's here. I hope you are both very very safe!! Good luck with the insurance company, Margaret.

Oregon sounds like such a BEAUTIFUL place to live!! Years ago we were looking into moving to Eugene, but my mom had a fit about moving the grands so far away... so we did Florida instead. ;) Still ended up moving back to gross old Ohio lol

Sorry I missed yesterday. I had brain fog SO BADLY. I actually got lost on the way to the eye doctor, whom I not only drive by all the time but have taken myself, hubby and kids to for ages. :neutral: So that was frustrating. Got a call from my doc and biopsy is now Wednesday this week! They are doing a "CT NEEDLE BIOPSY LIVER PERCUTANEOUS"

Other than that, taking Asher on a long car ride and then on a TRAIN RIDE for his birthday. Our birthdays are on Tuesday but he has school so doing it this weekend. He wanted to go on an actual train, and we don't have many here so I had to make reservations down by Lexington, Kentucky.

• NerdyScienceGrl
    Options
    We need the precipitation badly where I am, so I gladly welcome it. We are supposed to go back into the 80s next week. I’m over summer this year and ready for fall.

I’m extremely bias about Oregon. I’m a multigenerational Oregonian. I’ve moved away and always come back.

Ugh! Sorry to hear about the brain fog 😖. I’ll keep you in my thoughts as you continue your medical journey.

I’m working to come to peace with my most recent doctor visit as she tries to help me get my existing issues under control. BUT, I won’t let it get me down. Just distracted for a short while.

I brought home a new 4-legged family member today. A very tiny, super sweet kitten. That’ll be a nice distraction for me and eventually the companion my old cat seems to be wanting.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    . A very tiny, super sweet kitten.

KITTEN!

Pics????
    Please????
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Here are my boys:
    Doodlebug the smart and mischievous

tblu1325ha6l.jpeg

And Motormouth McSnugglepaws who had one brain cell, but forgot where he put it.

xcvctjzmd5du.jpeg
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    edited September 2021
    Options
    OMG that picture of Doodlebug! I kept looking at the pizza and thought you misposted. That’s great!!

That’s a beautiful photo of Motormouth.

I have “Jello kitty” …he is almost 11 and has been missing his companion (he was 17, old man kitty) since he passed, and I’ve been leery to get another kitten but decided about a month ago it was time to start searching.

Here is the jello kitty - Virgo - he is my yoga companion and has master “kitty pose”
    4vte78t9iodi.jpeg

Here is the newest member. He is nameless at this point but cute as can be!
    h8gldst964t6.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Oh my gosh your cats are all so cute!!! I haven't had a kitten around the house in years :) I also had to keep looking at the pizza, you have a stealth kitty in there lol!! I love the names too :D
    We have three cats and two dogs ( and a few reptiles ) but I've got no clue how to share pictures so I will spare everyone the huge post lol
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    xu4zfshtp204.jpeg
  • LynneM1980
    edited September 2021
    Options
    My little sister got me a ninja for my birthday, so I made walnut butter! Yum! Next time I'll have to add honey or something