Downsizers - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    edited September 2021
    9svp784uxfln.png

It’s the last week of the September challenge! Time to look back on the month.
    1) What did you do well?
    2) What gave you trouble this month?
    3) What do you want to work on in the coming month?
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Daily Check-In for Sunday 9/26:

Calories: In Allotted Range
    Water: 90+ Oz
    Exercise: AB Workout + 2 Mile Walk
    Alcohol: AF
    IF 16/8: Fasted 19+ Hours
    Sleep: 7hrs32mins (Saturday Night)

A very productive Sunday - Meal planned, grocery shopped, 3 loads of laundry, cooked family dinner + got my exercise in.

Dinner last night while in calorie range, was a heavy meal - still feeling a little full from it this morning and the scale jumped up 1/2 pound. I know it is not a "real" gain but it just seems so hard to get past this 179 mark. Each time I hit it, the scale goes right back up in the following days. Hopefully there is a whoosh coming!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/26 Steps = 10,030
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm back after some time off. I'm Roz, 28, married. I'm focusing on staying within my calorie goal, drinking lots of water and getting some movement in.
    Luckily didn't gain much but I'm back and down 4.4lbs already :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    9svp784uxfln.png

It’s the last week of the October challenge! Time to look back on the month.
    1) What did you do well?

You are jumping the gun ... I know you meant September not October ... :p
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm back after some time off. I'm Roz, 28, married. I'm focusing on staying within my calorie goal, drinking lots of water and getting some movement in.

So glad to have you back :) Are you wanting to join the step challenge for October?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    9svp784uxfln.png

It’s the last week of the October challenge! Time to look back on the month.
    1) What did you do well?

You are jumping the gun ... I know you meant September not October ... :p

Fixed
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,402 Member
    Calories-under today
    Steps 6,000
    Calories burned 560
    Daily intensity minutes 120
    Early w/o yes

I get my walks done in the morning.
    I get some dancing after supper for about an hour each day.
    For strength training I Iike to do a variety of strength training exercises about three times a week.
    It's such a sunny day here today 🌞.
    Have a great day, everyone!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    roz0810 wrote: »

So glad to have you back :) Are you wanting to join the step challenge for October?

Not right now as my steps are rubbish 😂 I'm trying to get more in daily, will let u know if I change my mind, ty
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have a new member joining us ...Please welcome @WTGNicole :)
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    congrats to winners!!!! well done guys!
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    ok so for October I want to go to the gym a lot more and start to step up the game on my exercise.
    I want to eat healthy food and not have a lot of snack food (though I will have some)
    I want to do more swimming
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    @Bluetail6
    Great day! Do you do your intensity minutes on the challenge week(Sunday to Saturday)?

@Beautyofdreams
    That sounds like a beautiful day. Are you allowed to do chair exercises?

@rlaskey2
    I don’t know how you manage it with work and kids. I thought I was going to crack up trying to get my grandkids shuffled everywhere they needed to be the last 3 days. Will you be weighing when you are travelling?

@rwood566
    Awesome walk! Did you try the lying on the floor position for your back? That’s what I will be doing after my walk today.

@Poobah1972
    Fantastic loss! I say you definitely had a whoosh. 125 pounds is crazy weight loss! You had a busy weekend. I never had issues (yet) with the autosense on my Fitbit missing part of my exercise for walks at least. I have paused my workout and forgot to restart it and if I remember correctly it didn’t pick up the time it was paused. I realized after maybe 20 laps I hadn’t restarted it.

@jimboden3
    This week coming will be your week. Congrats to your daughter on her engagement!
    I didn’t even think of that, probably have to skip next week since assuming no access to a scale at the hotel. Thanks!

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    9/24 9,600
    9/25 5,462

Friday I was completely beat after work so just relaxed when my husband took the kids to the high school football game. My body was so sore after not being used to sitting in front of a computer all week.

Yesterday I slept in and got 9 hours sleep. I ran errands went to my sons soccer and flag football game then took friends out to dinner as a thank you for being such good friends to us over the pandemic. I had seabass, it was good.

I did the dance workout again with my daughter yesterday. She isn’t loving it and neither am I. Thinking I may switch but I don’t want to start a new program for two weeks since I am traveling for work next week.

I need your steps for 9/21 ...thank you :)
    12,626 thank you!!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have another new member heading our way ... Please welcome @MJ_Keto :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    6qpyee2rxzmn.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need for September Week 4 ... Please have them in no later than Tuesday 9/28..Thank you :)

@Piqueaboo 9/20-9/25
    @rlaskey2 9/21, 9/24 & 9/25
    @red1185 9/25
    @amymartin555 9/20- 9/25
    @Jpedno 9/20- 9/25
    @Shannonsto 9/19-9/25
    @Abi2131 if you want to post you can 9/19-9/25

Yay steps time!
    • sunday 12 200 (19.09.2021)
    • monday 19 423
    • tuesday 19 026
    • wednesday 23 502
    • thursday 6 277
    • friday 19 319
    • saturday 11 547
    • sunday 16 671 (yesterday)

I don't think I've ever walked this much lol
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

CW: 189.5 😞

This will be my last week that I let myself get off track. I will NOT go another month like this!
  • tinaBawesome
    tinaBawesome Posts: 92 Member
    🙋‍♀️ I'm not official yet, but I'm hoping Megan adds me soon. I just asked to be added. 😁

Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hello, I'm Tina (46), married on Halloween 🎃(18 years ago), we have a 16 year old son and a Pug-mix named Murphy.

2. Why are you on this journey? I was recently diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and I want to learn as much as I can, on How to Handle this. I've had female-related issues since I can remember, including a difficult pregnancy, I have a number of health problems and take some prescriptions for them, but I want my body and mind to heal and get better. I started, but I have a long way to go. It's also Not Easy, when you can't find certain Health Diagnoses. Some diseases are easier to treat and define and Have a Name. Some remain Mysteries. I am dealing with 1. My Mom is a Medical Mystery all-together and I'm constantly trying to Help her Fight for her Health....

3. What pushed you to start? I've started and stopped more times than I care to admit. This time, honestly, is the scare of moving from "Pre-diabetic to Full-fledged Type II Diabetes and it's Frightening.

4. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? lol. Ask my family this, they will probably say - Everything! As far as Foods go - Snacks, Crunchy goodness and Sweets. Eating past a certain time of day, usually at night. Not sleeping well or routinely. I have daily Chronic Pain - so just Existing vs. Living is a REAL Struggle.

5. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? No. I actually despise the word: "diet". I much prefer: healthy eating for life or something along those lines. I was made aware that I have to now watch my Carb intake, Sodium and Sugars.

6. What is your favourite way to workout? I walk. I try to get in as much walking as I can. I try to be active in some way, everyday. I also just bought some stretch bands for working out my arms and legs. I have a lower back injury, so I can't lift a lot anymore and with my other health issues, I have to be careful not to push myself too hard.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Welcome aboard Tina and MJ_Keto! : WOOOT WOOOT! 🥳

A very happy scale this morning, and an unusually fantastic back and bicep workout tonight... 👍🥳

I'm not sure what I did differently, but I had substantial more power and endurance to completely Kill all reps and all sets of Bent over DB rows at 92.5lb a piece. Every rep was great! right up to the point they hit my chest, and no rests in between. Normally this is not the case, Left I'm lucky if I can get 8 good ones as the rest taper off, and it gasses me so bad I might take a 2-3 second pause near the end. By the time I switch to the right, my heart is already hammering, and while I generally can do more good reps with the right, I'm still gassed and need to take a couple seconds before I get to the last few reps. I did so good, I think I could of did more certainly more decent ones. 💪

So, what has changed?

I've been eating more protein the last 2 weeks regularly hitting 160 grams per day.
    I've been doing a pretty good job of getting more rest the last week and a bit.
    I've switched out Band type exercises for Cable varieties over the last 2 weeks. Specifically Straight arm Pushdowns, Lat Pulldowns.
    I skipped extra back bicep work last week on account of my sore elbow.

Not sure... but the ease of the exercise compared to last time was very much noticeable. SO Ultra Cool! And I love it. lol 🥰😊

Oh, and even though I can't do hammer curls still, cause my elbow is still messed up. I'm still getting stronger every week, while just sticking to Preach curls and standing Ez bar curls. Moving up again on both of those bad boys. 🥳

Okay that's enough of my self-loving attitude tonight. lol 💗🥰😆🤓

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow morning for long walk (so need to get to bed soon, so I can get up at 4am), assuming it's not raining. It's been a bit. Oh, Maybe the fact I didn't do any long walk this last week or so contributed to the fact my back was stronger? lol (Didn't think of that till now. lol)

Good night everyone!!! WOOOOO WOOOOO WOOOOOO! 😜😀😅😂👍

70ngiok29b1k.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Another new member heading our way ...Please welcome @tinaBawesome :)
This discussion has been closed.