October 7

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,013 Member
    Options
    Thank you @TerriRichardson112
    The only reason I made that comment is it frightened me in the beginning of my weight loss. I have found there has been more wiggle room

The way I word “Nugget #2” is:

“Maintenance, for me, comes down to monitoring and creating habits & when things begin to slip, digging deeply inside myself & pulling myself up by my bootstraps, kicking & screaming, knowing I am the only one who can do so.”

“Losing weight, for me, was about a small daily deficit in calories over 2-3 years while I changed my habits. I didn’t want my body to think it needed to go into starvation mode & I wanted to have the energy to support my walking. I figured it took me a long time to gain it…”

Even today, if I have an ultra hungry day, I will eat. I want my body to know I listen to it. For the same reason, I eat my meals about the same time each day, so my body knows it will be fed, taken cate of.” PS I often find the next day I’m naturally slightly less hungry (so it works out.)
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,009 Member
    Options
    Tracked - not everything. I've been a little nibbly today and didn't track every little bit.

Within calorie budget - pretty sure yes as my nibbles weren't too terribly caloric and I had the calories.

Exercised - YES, 25 minutes weight machines and 30 minutes ARC Trainer Cardio machine at Planet Fitness.

Pass Days Used - 2
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Full Body Warm Up: 5 min
    • Day 22: EPIC I - Shoulders & Core Dumbbell Workout / Supersets (+ cool down): 45 mins
    Passes used: 0/3

I'm not sure I identify with nugget #2. I've always assumed responsibility for my actions and don't blame others for my problems, lack of willpower or procrastination. I had already decided that I'd have to track indefinitely to keep my weight off. Not a big deal since I've created the habit over the last 10 months it's become second nature.

I may struggle with staying on track while traveling because of restaurant food but I have options to deal with that. It's just all a matter of being 100% committed. I certainly don't blame the restaurants for it though I do wish they all provided caloric information to make things easier for us. I rarely eat at chains big enough to have to provide that.
  • moanton
    moanton Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes yes&yes.
    I started Monday with the challenge but have been incrementally working towards it prior. Was tracking and doing 10minute work outs up until this week.

Change takes time
    Hope your day is awesome
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 7
    Exercise - 45 minute walk, 30 minutes stretching
    Tracking - Planned, followed the plan
    Calories - Under
    Pass days so far - 0

That was the low calorie part of my week, and I did it!
    I have some challenges coming up, with a friend coming to visit (which hasn't happened since COVID) and a 3 day weekend, so anticipating a pass day or 2...

I actually really disagree with today's nugget. I spent many years after my 9 year old was born - years of nursing, caring for an infant, going through infertility treatments to try to get pregnant again, caring for an infant and a preschooler - desperately wanting to lose weight and completely unable to. I remember talking to a nutritionist on the phone and just crying because she was recommending counting calories and there was no way I could do that. Our diet in those days was a lot of (delicious) casseroles and stir fry type things that my wife made without measuring while caring for babies while I was at work/commuting. There was no way to get her to measure anything and no way to make myself different food.

And you know, that's obviously not the hardest situation in the world - but it really was not possible for me to lose weight in those circumstances. And in retrospect, I really wish I hadn't stressed about it so much. I look back on the me in those days and think I had enough to worry about and being 50 pounds overweight during those years was really not a big deal. When anyone asks me about losing weight after babies, I advise not worrying about it for at least a few years.

Because now I am in a place where I can make those choices. And I experience it as such freedom and such a gift. I am so grateful that I have the time and energy to work on this project of taking care of my body. It's still not always the easiest - I still have kids and we still have a lot of tempting junk food in the house because kids. But now I can make the choice and so I (usually) do.
  • achagpar
    achagpar Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    October 7

I knew it was going to be a tough day… I thought I had a plan… I started out well but then as I began to think more and more the day was going to be a bust, I stopped tracking, went over calories and didn’t exercise. I didn’t want to use my second pass so early in the month, but did. Today’s gonna be a tough day too… but I’m going to try harder. I can’t control the tough days, but I can control my behaviors… let’s see how I do. 🤞🏽
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 7
    Exercise ✅ [20 min walk]
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 7 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 33,240+.......... 200 walking ........ 30 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oct 7

✅ Exercise: 60 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I think oftentimes there is an imperceptible line between making excuses/not taking responsibility and just having your butt kicked by life. But maybe that’s the point - just do what you can.

Thursday, October 7

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, walk. I don’t feel like I’ve been kicked in the kidney anymore.

Pass days to date - 3
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I think oftentimes there is an imperceptible line between making excuses/not taking responsibility and just having your butt kicked by life. But maybe that’s the point - just do what you can.

⬆️ This right here.
  • mgreen1965
    mgreen1965 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oct 7
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes w/ trainer
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, even w/ a brownie & little glass of wine
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Pass days used:0
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    OK, no more excuses. If life deals me a bad hand, so be it.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Definitely up for advice travelling in the Netherlands - might even meet up with you ...
    Oh my gosh this would be so awesome! I’m planning a spring bike/barge trip, just not sure which one and if it will happen 2022 or 2023.

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri - Lots of hugs to you. This might sound silly, but have you tried papercutting? It's oddly therapeutic and very zen, and in my experience less clean up than painting (I'm a hot mess of a painter though). All you need is an exacto, some paper, some tape, and a cutting matt which is pretty low key on the set up end.

https://www.instructables.com/A-Beginners-Guide-to-Paper-Cutting/