Weight No More Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    October Week One

Weigh In Day: Wednesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.4 (September 30th)
    CW (Current Weight): 170.2 (October 6th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 63.8 lbs

I ate a lot of food last night, so this was to be expected. Maybe I'll readjust my weight tomorrow. Maybe not. We'll see. I may need to change my weigh day if my Tuesday nights continue the way they have been.
  • xrj22
    xrj22 Posts: 197 Member
    xrj22
    PW: 161.0
    CW: 156.8
    change: - 4.2

I know this is mostly early-diet water loss, but I'll take it. The no-crap challenge is really getting me off to a good start. So far (5 days), I am almost 100% on the no crap. The only questionable thing I have had is some chick-pea pasta with store bought butternut squash sauce (but pretty natural, no added sugar).

The next three days will be more of a challenge because I will be home doin much-hated overdue paperwork. I usually bribe myself with food to do that.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Welcome new members.
    I'm Tracy from New Hampshire. I am 49 years old, with 2 boys and 2 granddaughters. My oldest will be 2 next week, growing up so quickly. I gain and lose the same 5 pounds. I did start going to a weight clinic last month, I have my second appointment next week. I also saw a nutritionist yesterday. Hoping this is going to work. I am an assistant director in child care and 2 weeks ago we got new owners so it has been very busy. The old owners kind of ditched out on us and didnt complete the rest of the transition so we were left in limbo but we are getting back in the swing of things. I have been getting my steps in with all the running around I have been doing anyway.
  • xrj22
    Tracy, I would love to hear what you think of the nutritionist and the weight clinic. I have been thinking about adding some sort of professional support because I know that I do well with 1:1 connection and accountability. The last time I did really well with health changes I was in psychotherapy. Having a live person to discuss with was sooo helpful. I'm not really in a place where I need psychotherapy for mental health, but am thinking that something live would be useful.
  • ljdanny
    @xrj22 I also do much better with a 1 on 1. Years ago my gynecologist of all people ran a weight loss program and I lost 40 pounds. She then left her job so i found i didnt do so well even though i do still try to follow everything she taught me. I saw a nutritionist twice who wasnt helpful at all. Once was to lose weight and once was because i have ibs. So i am hoping this time is going to go great. I got a little nervous when i saw the nutritionist name was the woman I had seen who didnt help me at all. But they said they had others I could see. I did find this one to be helpful. I will keep you posted on my appointments. I do have one next week with the clinic. They do want me to take medication but I want to try without.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited October 2021
    ~ Walk this way...~

The September Week 5 Leaderboard:
    Team Statistics:
    Super Steppers: 9
    Total Steps: 427,293
    Average Per Person: 47,477

Over 5k Per Day:
    @sadielewis2001 78,837 total|11,262 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @ljdanny – 76,207 total | 10,887 average
    @lennoncpa – 59,890 total |8,556 average
    @kandi3570 - 52,373 total | 7,482 average
    @annliz23 – 42,360 total| 6,051 average
    @dbrinkmeyer – 41,565 total | 5,938 average

Over 3k Per Day:
    @pacsnc6 – 38,590 total | 5,513 average - Most Consistent!

Honorable Mention!
    @SusanofRockwood – 10,525 total | 3,508 average (3 days in this cycle)/41,352 total | 3,508 average (Wed-Tues)
    @ama3387 – 26,946 total | 3,849 average

You are all doing an amazing job of walking!

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    Good evening WNM and welcome to October! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents!

I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does most of the heavy lifting.
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. When I got married at 24…I weighed maybe 160. But I was a happier person. I've got none of the reasonable reasons for gaining...no kiddos, just the husband. I got out of school (no more climbing those KU hills all the time), started working more sedentary jobs, started eating more, snacking, until about 5 years ago August, when I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.

I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit and then come back. What came back was most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).

My special snowflake challenges

I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). Last August, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse)... I think it is sinus related and many of those problems have now resolved, after switching ENT’s. July was a struggle vertigo-wise and I’m off coffee as a result (this is very sad…I LOVE coffee). It seems like I have at least one nasty bout a month. The only pattern? Tuesday. They always start on Tuesday. So weird. The point behind saying all this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad, and sometimes dangerous, for me.

I’ve been struggling to exercise at all lately. I usually walk during the days but recently, my work is so crazy…well, I don’t. I’m not even taking lunches usually (not that I don’t eat, just that I grab the food and eat while I work. And I’ve been having a lot of problems with my shoulder. Makes it hard to do anything active. Between all that and being floored by vertigo…well.

My 2021 Goal
    My 2020 goal was Wonderland…but that was before the asthma insanity of the end of November and three rounds of Prednisone. Did NOT Happen. I’m there ish now. So…WOOT! I was 199 in early Sept but weight fluctuations and water weight and stress eating put me a bit higher than that right. With my work schedule and such, I’ve decided October will be support only. I have too much stress to continue adding to it. It will come off in time.
    I have a closet full of size 10's that I want to wear.
    Back to Wedding Weight (165) before the end of the year. Maybe lower...Let's be real. I'm not losing 40 pounds by the end of the year--that would be something like 4 lbs a week. Let's say...under 200 consistently by the end of the year.

Daily goals:
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day or do an exercise video.
    Get back to doing core exercises every day.
    80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water. (I don't drink much in the way of alcohol generally, but just clarifying...long, ugly family history of substance abuse makes me very cautious)
    Cut down on sugar and junk food (reducing sugar is generally helping, I turn into the munch monster when I eat candy...see: cookie monster's blond sister...). I haven’t joined the challenge officially. But, like Les Mills…I’m thinking about it. The peanut M & M’s at my desk are gone. So are all the jelly beans. There are a few cookies. A few granola bar ish things…

Get through the day.

I want to congratulate all our losers from September! I am super proud of all of you! 😊 And several of you have maintained, which is terrific, too. Not seeing losses or not seeing the losses you want can be disheartening. Don’t give up! Think of all the things you have accomplished…you can do anything you put your mind to!
    Welcome to the team newbies! I’ve sent friend requests to all of you (many have already added). Looking forward to getting to know you all!

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    October Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 199.8 (September 30th)
    CW (Current Weight): 198.8 (October 7th)

Loss to date: 72.3lbs
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Hello to all the new members!! And to all of you that have held me accountable for the last year.

My story. I was always heavy for as long as I can remember. Somewhere around 3rd grade. I hit my highest weight ever in 2018. I saw a picture of myself I didn’t recognize. And I didn’t like her. I had just come out of a 4 year relationship with someone who wasn’t a good influence food and or health wise. I had spent 4 years just cooking what everyone would eat and way too much of it. At 268 wearing a size 22, I had had enough of myself.
    I cut sugar and stopped baking. And over a year and a half had lost 45ish pounds.
    My daughter had had some slight health issues. She was diagnosed with pcos and the drs said you can change your diet or take birth control. (I also have pcos but the opposite of her I skipped periods and I never cared enough to address it. She on the other hand had almost constant periods. A miserable life for a 12 year old).
    She of course said give me the pills! She even threatened my life when I said I was throwing out all of the carbs! 😂. I changed my diet to be a good example. It didn’t work, but I liked who I was becoming. I lost another 45ish pounds. My goal is 168. I don’t know if I’ll ever get there. I’m close but my body doesn’t want to budge. I’m currently not doing so hot with the diet. I will get back on track! I’ve found that breaking a diet for a week or two and gaining some weight actually let’s me break a plateau when I buckle back down. I make it sound like it’s intentional when really I’m bored and surrounded by Halloween candy. Sugar is highly addictive to me (pcos and insulin resistance cycle) and I just have to avoid it or I completely spin out of control.
    But I’ve been getting on the treadmill and running some. So at least I’m still staying fit. I’m also at a high stress level right now. I’m switching jobs. I start anew job Monday and will be in training for a year to a year and a half. So it won’t be a lot of physical activity during this time. So I will have to ramp up the treadmill and stay active.
    @melaniedscott its not your average job. It’s a very good job and they train everyone for extended periods of time. It’s technical job in a power plant and a job I’ve been trying to get for 3 years. Every time they have hired, I have applied. I’m super excited and apprehensive at the same time.
    But I will get over my nerves and settle into a routine. Once I’m trained I’ll get my steps in again and actual flights of stairs. 😉.
    Sports will wind down in 2 weeks and I’m ready to be done with it. This is going to be my last year volunteering so next fall I will get to enjoy fall things like pumpkin farms and haunted houses! And continue to focus on my health instead of everything shifting for 14-20 hours a week of volunteering after a 50 hour workweek.
    Life is changing and I’m on to bigger and better things. I don’t know how those changes will affect my fitness goals but I will make it work.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Friday - a day late!
    Week 2
    pw: 160.3
    cw: 160.7
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @kandi3570 Congratulations on the new job. Persistence pays off in all things. You'll do very well in this new position and you can only hope your new bosses will appreciate your hard work.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 136.6
    Current weight: 139.0
    Steps: 66,358

My portions were too big this week. I was eating healthy but I was just so hungry that I had to keep eating to get satisfied! It totally stinks! Sorry team!!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Username rachelrjh
    Weigh in day Friday
    Pw: 142 lbs
    Cw: 142 lbs.

I want to get under 140 lbs and lose the belly fat!! It’s so gross and jiggly. I don’t think it will ever go away. I’ve had it my whole life.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~~ Happy Friday!! ~~
    Here's our current list of missing weights for this week:
    Please let me know if I missed yours, or if you need to be excused, or if you want to move to the cheer squad, or..., etc.

Earlier this Week:
    @millerwoman7224
    @hope002
    @kroderick
    @ljdanny
    @Gmcgovern41

Due Today:
    @dbrinkmeyer
    @1theresamcvean

Due Tomorrow:
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @ha110w33nsp00k - (Have your scale problems been resolved yet??)
    @kandi3570
    @MayLan
    @IDebraK
    @FaithIt365
  • ljdanny
    I will weigh in tomorrow morning if that's ok. I forgot to get on the scale these past 2 days. It's been busy at work and I'm dragging myself out of bed and then remember when I'm already in the shower. Hoping the number has gone down.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    @ljdanny - Totally fine. Just make sure you weigh in before the end of the day tomorrow, and you're all set!
  • Gmcgovern41
    Gmcgovern41 Posts: 43 Member
    Sorry I'm a day late on my weigh in.

Gmcgovern41
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 238.7 Sep 30th
    CW (Current Weight): 240.8 Oct 7th

Bummer
  • xrj22
    Ugg, got my bloodwork results back today. Cholesterol is high, just like I knew it would be (231). Though at least it is not up where my doc would be talking about starting meds. I am not really sure whether loosing weight or changing my diet is key to improving it. The one time it was good, I had just lost 30 lbs, and was eating a totally vegan, low fat, completely whole foods diet that probably isn't sustainable for me. But I guess I know all of these factors can be a lot better than they are now. I just need to stick with my program and see what happens in the next 3 months.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursday
    Pw:156.8
    CW:157.8
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Kandi3570
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 175.6
    CW 178.0
    +2.4 lbs

Steps this week
    I forgot my fitbit most of Sunday and i jogged and walked a good bit. I think 3.4 miles on the treadmill.

My weight is up but I’ve been eating a lot of carbs. It should drastically reduce by next weekend once I stop eating them and get rid of the bloat. At least I hope.
This discussion has been closed.