Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Good morning everyone!
    I have been struggling to get back on track since I took a quick vacation to Houston. Not sure how I am going to navigate the next couple of months with the holidays, etc either. October is my birthday and wedding anniversary. And we are taking a trip back east to North Carolina from Oct 20-31 which will be full of all kinds of temptations. Anyway. Right now I am going to try to focus on this week and concentrate on planning and making good choices.

That will start with logging in here more often to look at messages. I had 96 unread posts on this thread! My goal will be to post every day this week.

Also. I hope to get back to working out. I took a pause this last week after having some bad wrist pain (tendonitis?) after weight lifting and spin. I ordered a wrist brace which arrives today. Probably still stay away from lifting for a few weeks but I think I can get back to spin.

So to respond to a few posts: my go-to snack is POPCORN. I love popcorn. It’s filling, savory, low calorie. I’ve been sprinkling it with nutritional yeast and salt lately but I may try to add some hatch green chile powder and see how that is.

A treat for a mini goal: I need new/more workout clothes so that is one thing... Now that the weather is cooling off I’ve been thinking about the spa/hot springs. We have several great spots here in Santa Fe for soaking. But then what is my mini goal? Getting below 154 lbs I think. I keep getting to 155 and then bouncing back up.

User name: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 155.6
    CW: 157 (I did weigh myself yesterday, just didn’t post)

Steps @Megan_smartiepants1970
    10/3 8,926
    10/4 4,590
    10/5 7,662
    10/6 6,187
    10/7 4,001
    10/8 10,652
    10/9, 5,688

Have you tried the hot springs in TorC? It's our go to after the march.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Check in 10/8:
    Steps 17,464✔️
    Track✔️
    Meditate ✔️
    No hooch✔️
    Positivity ✔️
    A pretty good day.

Oops, this should have been for 10/9.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options

Have you tried the hot springs in TorC? It's our go to after the march.[/quote]

@shortyjmorgan1 I have not! But I’ve heard great things about the hot springs at TorC. It’s a bigger time investment.... about 3 hours from my house in Santa Fe County. But I do hope to get there soon... I should pair it with another road trip destination and make a weekend of it. I usually go to Ten Thousand Waves or Ojo Caliente. Ojo just opened back up after the fire they had.

I’m so impressed you’ve done the Bataan Memorial March!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Red Mountain is in the midst of red-rock country. It's main focus is exercise and nutrition. You can get all of those fufu treatments. I just loved the daily morning and evening hikes and other exercise classes. There were a couple of evening hikes I didn't do because they were in the middle of that heat wave that hit the western US at that time. I have been there several times before. It was nice to see their standards hadn't changed. Also, they were opening up after Pandemic closure, so there were deals to be had, lol.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Off to go drink my hot tea while icing my knee ... I hope you all have a wonderful day ...Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends ...( I count since I was born there right? LOL )

As long as we get to count you too, lol.😊
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Daily Check-in (10/9 stats):

Steps: 6,468
    Floors: 7
    Calories Burned: 554
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 157
    Total Intensity Minutes: 872/150
    Early W/O: Yes😊
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Saturday check in
    ✅ Steps 11k daily (steps and converted steps)
    ✅ 719/500 Zone minutes
    ✅ Stay within calories
    ✅ Track food accurately

I am beat this morning as yesterday was busy. I had a decent swim and a mini workout. I am sitting here trying to decide if I should go to the pool and do some walking/stretching. Problem is if I go I always end up swimming or doing a workout. Wish I could figure out how to swim leisurely. I will busy all day getting ready for my family coming for thanksgiving all day. Turkey is going in the oven in a few hours. I am not logging food today but going to eat in moderation.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family!!

You are totally rocking your zone minutes!!😊
  • shortyjmorgan1
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »

Have you tried the hot springs in TorC? It's our go to after the march.

@shortyjmorgan1 I have not! But I’ve heard great things about the hot springs at TorC. It’s a bigger time investment.... about 3 hours from my house in Santa Fe County. But I do hope to get there soon... I should pair it with another road trip destination and make a weekend of it. I usually go to Ten Thousand Waves or Ojo Caliente. Ojo just opened back up after the fire they had.

I’m so impressed you’ve done the Bataan Memorial March! [/quote]

Tgank you. I have always wanted to go to ten thousand but it is a 4 hour drive for us. If you go to TorC try the wild cat bluff hiking trail in Gilla. It's amazing
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @luccianaff
    Hope you feel better very soon and get back into your routine.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    We’re here for you Nicole! I’m always there if you need to talk. As for the scale…it’s just one week. Start fresh tomorrow. ❤️
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @luccianaff
    Beautiful picture! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

@rwood566
    You are measuring them so that is good.

@888Angie888
    Look at all the ✔️!

@MJ_Keto
    Great picture. It looks so relaxing. I love the beach.

@Jpedno
    I understand how you feel about getting back on track after vacation. We have been back since mid September and it is hard to get back into the groove. You have set a good plan for the week.

@Bluetail6
    Great day! You are inspiring me to get those zone minutes.

@WTGNicole
    Happy belated birthday! Sending you lots of hugs.

• jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This week we are going to play bingo! Do the best you can and see how many lines you can get. Let us know when you complete a line and what you did. The lines can be horizontal, vertical or diagonally. (Excuse the card as I couldn’t figure out how to edit on my iPad.) Can you get a full card!

wctgu6jped8q.jpeg

I love this!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    Options
    WTGNicole wrote: »
    hi everyone! Friday was my bday--I struggle a ton w/sadness due to the estrangement, and for the past few years of this it's like I'm sad from 10/8 til after the new year. I'm SO tired of being sad but feel weird if I am happy! I know I need to talk to someone. Again. hahahaaa...wheeeeeee.... anyway, I did stop doing the healthy things, I didn't go off the rails quite as hugely as I have before though. I do think some of these things I've been doing as a result of being on mfp & here are starting to change the way I think. It's interesting!

PW: 264.8
    CW: 265.6 😶

steps:
    10/3 4768
    10/4 5086
    10/5 4182
    10/6 4022
    10/7 4599
    10/8 2305
    10/9 687, yes, 687

Happy birthday
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    10/9 17,319
    10/10 8,760

Saturday had a quiet day and got in a 5 mile walk and yesterday did insanity max workout and grocery shopping. I hate having to grocery shop on the weekends again so crowded. I purposely went when the Patriots were playing and it was dead. Now I just send to plan my grocery shopping around the football schedule. Lol. Today I am going to try to walk a trail after work with the kids, they are off from school but I am working.
This discussion has been closed.