Fearless October 2021 Challenge

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie! Better Weekend #2 in the bag!
    Scale is still being the hateful jerk that it is. But then I know that my body hoards water weight and then whoosh, so I'm waiting for my whoosh. In the meantime, doing the thing as I should. :+1:
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Totally bagged everything this weekend, ending today. Back at it tomorrow. I was still at a calorie deficit, but my carbs were around 100 grams the past few days. I gained a bit. Nothing major. Take Back Tuesday...Here I come!
  • russellholtslander1
    russellholtslander1 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am doing well on my diet. I started eating more meat, and it's going well. No desire to eat off plan. Eating less butter, which I think helps me have more appetite. I'm enjoying mixing up the type of meat, and looking at the nutrition, so I make up some of the nutrients I am low on a daily basis, with certain foods. I probably need to visit the fresh fish market, and try a few new options, like mussels. Maybe sardines. I am adding beef liver for meal this week. So I'm good on most nutrients, and liking the variety.

Despite increasing my calories, I am dropping a bit faster right now. It may have to do with regularity, but I am down 3.8 lbs., in the past 3 days, eating 2.5 lbs. of meat a day, plus 4 Jumbo eggs, and some cheese. I'm 251.6. Hopefully in 240's by the end of the week.

Maybe it's from tweaking my macros, but it's actually a bit fast on the weight loss. I'm eating 3,138 calories today, hoping to slow down the weight loss a bit.

I didn't have an exercise goal, but I am lifting heavier, although I am lifting 6-8 reps, and only 2 sets a body part, and lifting each body part once every 6 days. I feel the contractions more, and maybe due to slower reps, and better form.. I feel it in my muscles more. The ones I am actually trying to work, not ancillary muscles, like my triceps, when I o chest or delts.. or biceps, when i do back. They are small workouts, so not going to do much, but if I am going to do it, I want to get as much out of it as I can. The weather is holding up too. I did a 2 mile walk on the bike path, out towards the lake yesterday, because it was a non-workout day.. and then at night, did a 1 mile walk at the park. So today, I am going to walk all the way to the lake, and back, after I work out.. about 3.6 miles. Already did 2 loads of laundry. It took about a month, but I'm finally feeling more energy.

Looks like for the most part, everyone is doing well. Life happens, but you just get back on track, work through injuries, and in the long run, it doesn't stop you. Stay positive, and keep up the good work!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    10/12:
    Exercise - rode 17 miles yesterday morning and then stayed active doing laundry and other stuff around the house.
    Food - calories were good and both protein and carbs were in the sweet zones.

Today is a rest day, so just doing light things around the house, with no real exercise scheduled for the day.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    10/13:
    Exercise - was a rest day, no bike ride, very little exercise.
    Food - not good, protein was good but carbs/calories were way over goals... kept it at maintenance, but not a good day overall for food.

No ride this morning - front was pushing thru and winds were blowing about 20 miles an hour, probably won't ride tomorrow either as they are predicting up to 3 inches of rain this evening into tomorrow morning. Will get to do upper body workouts instead.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It took me the last 6 months to lose 3.8 kg/8.3 lbs. I won't make any excuses.🤐
    My commitment just for today 10/14:
    1/ pre log foods before eating.✍🏽
    2/not going over my calorie goal.
    3/avoid snacks.🥜🍫( keto bar)🥃diet soda etc.
    4/ drink a lot of water.🥤
    5/go for a walk 🚶🏽‍♀️🐕🐩
    6/ go to bed by mid night.🌚😴
    I was with this group in 2019 ,Now 2021, I'm back again.
    Good luck everyone. 👋🏽
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    10/12-10/13
    No excitement to report. Sticking to calorie goals, staying fairly low carb and hydrated. The scale is bouncing around the same pound all week so it looks like I’ve been maintaining versus losing. Hopefully the flood gates open and the weight drops again as I stick to plan.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,538 Member
    Options
    10/11-10/14 food as been on point ... knee is still black n blue and swollen but I am not limping anymore ... I saw my podiatrist this morning ... He wasn't much help ... he said oh my your knee looks awful (thanks Doc I already knew that ) he said I have arthritis and osteoporosis in my left ankle ...ughhh I can not catch a break ...It is always something when I go to the Dr's
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Malimalai wrote: »
    It took me the last 6 months to lose 3.8 kg/8.3 lbs. I won't make any excuses.🤐
    My commitment just for today 10/14:
    1/ pre log foods before eating.✍🏽
    2/not going over my calorie goal.
    3/avoid snacks.🥜🍫( keto bar)🥃diet soda etc.
    4/ drink a lot of water.🥤
    5/go for a walk 🚶🏽‍♀️🐕🐩
    6/ go to bed by mid night.🌚😴
    I was with this group in 2019 ,Now 2021, I'm back again.
    Good luck everyone. 👋🏽

I did all 6 yesterday 🙂
    My commitment today 10/15 : the same as before .
  • texokie2020
    texokie2020 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm doing fairly well with my diet. Staying within my calorie range but keep going over a little on the carbs and fat, especially the carbs so I raised them from 50 to 75 grams a day. I figure as long as I'm under 100 I'm good. I've managed to lose a little over 1 pound a week for the last 2 weeks. I'd like to lose 2 pounds a week but happy with anything that's a loss👍🏼
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    10/14/21-187.8 lbs today, started at 255 lbs 9/14/20, started low carb 5/14/21-240.5 lbs, down 67.2 lbs, so more than halfway to my goal of 122 lbs, 65.8 lbs to go!!!! Increased my elliptical today from 130 to 140 minutes. Got to 11 miles.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    Missed a couple of days
    Wednes.day - total train wreck on food and no exercise (storms thru the day and just feeling lazy).
    Thursday - back on track, still nasty outside so I rode the spin bike for an hour last night (sprint intervals mixed with steady state riding). Food on point for both protein and net carbs.

Started the day today with a bike ride, so all is looking up for the day.

@NYPhotographer2021 - congrats on the milestone!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    78apsrlr8bqj.jpg
    uia4sm9fozje.jpg

I did it! I know I won't stay here and will probably go up because that's what I do! LOL! But just wanted to mark the occasion of when I finally slipped under the 200 lb mark!

It's been an up down & back up experience but it's nice to see the trend heading downward! I know I have a long way to go yet, but it just feels more doable now!

Congrats on making it to onederland ...Awesome job :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Here I go into the "better than last time" weekend.
    It will be doubly challenging since we're going on a short camping trip Sun-Wed. So I have to behave for the weekend and then not end up face-down in the junk food hubby is bringing for the kids. Cross all your fingers and knock on all the wood for me.

You got this ... Crossing fingers, toes and eyes and knocking on all the wood for you ....bring healthy snacks for yourself so you don't inhale your kids things ......nuts, beef jerky, hard-boiled or deviled eggs etc