Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    Saturday check in
    ✅Steps 11k daily (steps and converted steps)
    ❌402/500 Zone minutes
    ❌ Stay within calories
    ❌Track food accurately

You can see from the red it was a bad day yesterday. The injection hasn’t helped so I was really down yesterday and my eating was terrible. I will keep swimming and I have to stop the emotional eating. I am off to swim right now and then going to a movie with my granddaughter.

Happy Sunday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    90 minutes leisurely (not sure of the conversion)
  • Kitty2Kats
    Kitty2Kats Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you! I'm waiting to hear from my Dr, to see if she thinks it's ok to do water aerobics. They have Therapist who can help people with physical disabilities get into the pool and and do exercises. I love swimming, but haven't been able to do it because of health issues. Water aerobics is supposed to be good for you, and if she says it's ok, it may help me with my weight-loss too. She is not the fastest person to respond to things. I'll let you know if she approves it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    d06588509610b7bb1e3d87c3af020141_w200.gif

The results are in and can now be found in the Announcements and Results thread!

Here's a sneak peak of your team:

e4cw50fpnh4c.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,939 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Dazzling Downsizers for being 1st this week ... You all are awesome :)

Congrats @Tazaria87 , @Poobah1972 and @Aqualang26 for being our top 3 weight loss losers :) Great job !!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,939 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    snks6bkbhbdk.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need

@Piqueaboo 10/12-10/16
    @red1185 10/16
    @amymartin555 10/10- 10/16
    @Jpedno 10/16

Please have your steps in by no later than Tuesday 10/19 so I can post the results ... Thank you for your cooperation :)
  • WTGNicole
    WTGNicole Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    username: WTGNicole
    PW: 265.8
    CW: 264.2

Steps:
    10/10 1976
    10/11 4830
    10/12 6434
    10/13 4273
    10/14 1577
    10/15 1724
    10/16 3204

Hello! Things have been up and down for me, thankfully my weight is less this weigh-in buuuuut I'm thinking it could have been much lower since I didn't stay on plan. It's been both SO great & eye-opening being on mfp & this forum. As I've shared before, for me there is SO much shame wrapped up in my weight, and I've noticed that just logging in to mfp, even if I don't log my meals or interact, reading other people's updates and seeing people being real and open about their journeys has helped me feel less emotion and embarrassment about my own stuff. When I DO interact & log things, it's even better of course! But as others have said, it's about progress, not perfection, so I'm seeing this as an important piece of information. I feel my brain sloooooooooowlyyyyyy changing. One thing I have realized for SURE (before it was just a "hmmmmm am I doing this?" kind of thing)....I'll answer in one of the week 3 questions:

What lessons did I learn from things that did not go so well last week or recently?
    Welp! What I've realized for sure is that I have SUCH a problem with authority! Even ME telling MYSELF what I want me to do! What the heck. I knooooooow that I feel so GREAT when I do x and x and x, and I feel like CRAP when I do y and y and y, but after like 4 days or so of doing x and feeling great, something in my brain is like "ummmm I can do y if I WANT"--just like a toddler! I'm not even being overly strict doing x! So I self-sabotage. Why? idk! I am thinking once more of the shame goes away maybe this will lessen as well? It makes me laugh (kinda) because I am in FULL CONTROL of what I do and eat. So. It's confusing why I keep choosing to do things that aren't moving me closer to my goals.

So that's my update! I'll try to make more of an effort to get on here and support y'all. I'm sorry I haven't been doing that. You all inspire me and I should let you know.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    snks6bkbhbdk.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need

@Piqueaboo 10/12-10/16
    @888Angie888 10/16
    @rlaskey2 10/13-10/16
    @red1185 10/16
    @shortyjmorgan1 10/11-10/16
    @amymartin555 10/10- 10/16
    @Jpedno 10/16
    @tahm42 10/10 - 10/16

Please have your steps in by no later than Tuesday 10/19 so I can post the results ... Thank you for your cooperation :)
    Sorry
    10/11-2159
    10/12-2166
    10/13-10762
    10/14-2156
    10/15-2185
    10/16-5440
    10/17-0
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a fun day for the family. At the time I posted my weigh in, we were watching a football game for our local team. After that we ate lunch and got ready to leave for a trick or treat event at a campground. My parents signed up to decorate their camper and hand out candy (which they did last year too). There were lots of people participating and it took almost two hours to trick or treat it all. Which also meant lots of walking (bonus). The hard part is now not raiding their candy bowls, but I think I'll be ok.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): I can’t find it!
    CW (Current Weight): 210.2lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @WTGNicole
    Nice loss!

@Tazaria87
    Sounds like lots of fun.

@rlaskey2
    Sorry about your Dads diagnosis!

@Piqueaboo
    It was a 2 pound loss! Congrats!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    bqy92oi4ufqn.jpg
    rqp4cziga4qx.jpg

The two photos go together. I bought these dates a couple of weeks ago from Costco. Was eating them the other day and as I reached back in the bag to weigh some more out... I pulled out this note. WTAF😳. Anyway, returning them. It is just a handwritten shard of not-so-clean paper (most likely residue from the dates.) No problem most likely, as we had been eating them. Just finding a handwritten funky note in food is beyond the pale. Just yikes.... Honestly, creeped me the *kitten* out...
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. Hope you did well on your weekend eating.
    Check in for 10/17:
    Steps - 7842
    Calories - 1580
    Exercise - walk this morning. 71 minutes, 3 mph pace. Haven't measured it on google maps yet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    That’s awful. With me if this happened it would take me a long while to eat that food again. I say it creeped you out.

@rwood566
    Very nice walk Roger!
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    CW:156.4
    PW:156.4
    A little disappointed in the scale this morning. I was doing really well up to Saturday night and then I kinda fell off the wagon. I came home from the hike and started eating junk. This week I have a plan of attack including one day of fasting. I have to make sure I am on track before Saturday being since we are going back home for 3 birthdays
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in
    ❌Steps 11k daily
    58/500 Zone minutes
    ❌ Stay within calories
    ✅Track food accurately

Ok, still red but there are positives.
    1. I did a 25 minute swim which kept my heart rate in the cardio zone.
    2. I tracked my food.
    3. I went over because I had some peanut M&M’s but I tracked them and made adjustments to the rest of my day so the damage was minimal.
    4. My weight is tracking down again.

So this week my goals are to get my eating on track and get a few good pool days before Friday.

Happy Monday!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps

Swim
    25 minutes moderate

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good morning
    CW:156.4
    PW:156.4
    A little disappointed in the scale this morning. I was doing really well up to Saturday night and then I kinda fell off the wagon. I came home from the hike and started eating junk. This week I have a plan of attack including one day of fasting. I have to make sure I am on track before Saturday being since we are going back home for 3 birthdays

You have a plan to get you back on track so that’s good. Do you find it hard to fast a full 24 hours? Are you allowed coffee or anything else? I struggle to do 16:8.
This discussion has been closed.