Downsizers Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @tinaBawesome hugs to you. Is there a chance that your monthly cycle, a medication that you take, infection, or weather fronts have thrown off your sugars? I use to have high sugars at noon every day but it was caused by a medication that I took in the morning. Also low weather fronts like rain or snow would elevate my sugars. Diabetes is rough it affects every system in your body and it isn't always apparent what causes the spikes. Hope you get your sugars under control.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    CW:156.4
    PW:156.4
    A little disappointed in the scale this morning. I was doing really well up to Saturday night and then I kinda fell off the wagon. I came home from the hike and started eating junk. This week I have a plan of attack including one day of fasting. I have to make sure I am on track before Saturday being since we are going back home for 3 birthdays

You have a plan to get you back on track so that’s good. Do you find it hard to fast a full 24 hours? Are you allowed coffee or anything else? I struggle to do 16:8.

You can have coffee as long as it's black and lots of water. I struggle a little when I get off work but if I can get past that I am good. Secret is to stay busy and off of pinterest and the food apps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I hope everyone else is well.
    I'm going to drop out of this challenge.
    Apparently my blood sugars spiked huge at my doctors appointment on Friday and it was a rough day/weekend to say the least. I was given Insulin, at least through the weekend and my numbers are still just so high. I'm not feeling well, but no different than I really was before the high numbers, so they're trying to figure out Why and I'm just really frustrated with this whole Diabetes mess. 😢

I wish you the best getting your blood sugars under control. I know when I first started taking insulin it took awhile to get it ramped up to the correct dose. Hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Pickles175 wrote: »
    Good morning! Weigh in day for me!

PW: 163.8
    CW: 163

Nice loss!

Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Name: Poobah1972
    Day: Monday
    Past weight: 356.4
    Current Weight: 353.1

Good morning everyone... I made it to Manitoulin and Back relatively unharmed. Unfortunately I'm not doing much better either. All my time has been spent ethier driving (which is comfortable), or laying on a couch or a bed. Granted it's been a bit easier to sleep at night. However, walking quickly ramps up the pain and tightness running down my legs to my ankles.

So all considered, I'm once again pretty surprised and happy with my weight loss, cause I haven't done a lick of cardio for almost 2 weeks. And I pretty much ate the same as always. So Yahoooo. I suspect I'll see a gain when I get back at it (hopefully soon).

I've started doing some stretching at night and in the morning, and I'll even try to get some in at work here. In hopes of turning this thing around quicker. Lynn and I also have an appointment with a Chiropractor a week from today. (yeah i wish it was sooner, but it is what it is.).

Happy thoughts...!

Jonathan, I feel so bad for you. Hopefully the chiropractor helps. It is so frustrating when we get sidelined. Is there any way you can get to a pool? I find it so helpful as I can exercise without pain for the most part. Also, stretching is so much easier in a pool.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I hope everyone else is well.
    I'm going to drop out of this challenge.
    Apparently my blood sugars spiked huge at my doctors appointment on Friday and it was a rough day/weekend to say the least. I was given Insulin, at least through the weekend and my numbers are still just so high. I'm not feeling well, but no different than I really was before the high numbers, so they're trying to figure out Why and I'm just really frustrated with this whole Diabetes mess. 😢

Sorry to see you go ....I hope things improve for you and that you can come back to us ....hugs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2021
    Options
    2r9ok3eslmtq.jpg

I have a mini challenge for us to do this week ...I will post something new each day for 5 days

It is Motivational Monday: Please post a quote
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    vzhwaa0h4tgo.jpg

Here is my Motivational Monday quote :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps
    10/16: 15,781
    10/17: 6,724
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 --I also need a kick in the butt today!

Weekend was way off track--no logging, lazy, ate all the things.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    11o4ak7izhny.jpeg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just got done with a Leslie Sansone DVD... it was 5 miles but I only did 3 miles.... I am hoping to get back outside tomorrow and walk with Alyssa and Aspen the husky( boy do I miss it ) I will also be meal prepping today since I didn't do it yesterday
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,446 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Steps 9,000
    Stayed within calories
    Tracked food accurately
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got done with a Leslie Sansone DVD... it was 5 miles but I only did 3 miles.... I am hoping to get back outside tomorrow and walk with Alyssa and Aspen the husky( boy do I miss it ) I will also be meal prepping today since I didn't do it yesterday

I love her videos. Good job getting 3 miles in.
  • amymartin555
    amymartin555 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Username. Amymartin555
    Weigh in day. Monday
    SW. 184.0
    PW. 135.6
    CW. 134.6

Yay the scale finally moved more than a couple of ounces.

I will post my steps tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I love her videos. Good job getting 3 miles in.

Me too and thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.