Trimstones Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Workouts were paused and hopefully will start maybe tomorrow, but I have developed an odd rash at the crease where my thigh meets my hip, at first I thought is was allergies because this time of year I break out a ton, but now it stings and Im 90% sure I have shingles, and the only real issue is anything rubbing there hurts really bad so pretty much all my workout bottoms will irritate it, but I am going to try tomorrow and do what I can, see how that works.

@angmarie28 I hope it's a simple heat rash...try using corn starch...you're awfully young for shingles...I get a rash there a lot too because of excess skin. Of course, check with your doctor or pharmacist first, but that's what I use...
    Jessica

I sent a picture to my old coworker, my old co-nurse at the school, and she agrees its shingles. Definitly not a heat rash, I get those sometimes, but this it different, and it looks like theres a few little blisters . I know im pretty young for it, but Ive seen it in kids before so it isnt unheard of. Im going to stop after work and get Domeboro, which doctors recommend a lot for shingles and other rashes.

I am so sorry, @angmarie28 . My mom had it many years ago and it took a long time before the breakouts stopped. Of course, there may be more meds for it now than there used to be. I hope you heal quickly...**HUGS**
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    suziieq56 wrote: »
    Please feel free to add me as a friend. Just learning the ropes 😁

Friend request sent...I would suggest going back to page one of this chat thread and reading all of the postings...especially the announcement stuff...might answer many of your questions. As always, ask away...we're all here to help support you in any way we can, so if we don't know the answer, we'll try very hard to get one from other resources.

Welcome!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    ncfitbit
    Monday weigh-in
    PW: 187.8
    CW: 185.8

Lost 2.0 of the 3.0 water weight pounds I gained last week so I'll try to be happy about that.

Nice loss @ncfitbit !!
    Jess
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @jessicakrall8! You and this team are inspiring me not to give up!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit great to lose after gaining,good effort :)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Monday, October 25
    • Exercise: walk
    • Knee push-ups: no
    • Net calories: 1224
    • Steps: 15.002 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. Busy day as expected. The doc visit took a little longer than I expected, so when I got back from that, my mom already showed up around 8 minutes later. So cut it a little close, but it was fine. The weather was not really nice. We walked into town to post a letter, and then we walked some more to a different store. We got some bird food and a new feeder. Did not bring any bags, so I had to carry home a 5 kg bag of birdseeds in my arms, which was a little awkward! We did not think that through. :smiley:
    I also set up a squirrel feeder in the front yard, but I am not sure if they will show up and are able to use/climb up the post I used. I guess time will tell. We played some Rummikub in the evening, but went to bed on time because of the sleep test. Of course my sleep was utter garbage. I had a mosquito that woke me up until I finally found and killed it at 0:55. My cat also decided to sleep in bed with me, which meant he claimed almost one side. I did eventually got some sleep, and I guess the time I slept isn't that relevant, since it's mostly to check if I have sleep apnea. Going to return the watch to the doctor in a bit. Then breakfast and shopping!
    Happy Tuesday <3

@jessicakrall8
    Thank you! I know I have my steps set to 8.500, which was the plan. But then I decided to try if 10k was doable, so that's what I have been attempting. I am pretty pleased that I have managed the whole month so far. :)
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    Weigh-in Monday
    PW - 177.7
    CW - 177
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Workouts were paused and hopefully will start maybe tomorrow, but I have developed an odd rash at the crease where my thigh meets my hip, at first I thought is was allergies because this time of year I break out a ton, but now it stings and Im 90% sure I have shingles, and the only real issue is anything rubbing there hurts really bad so pretty much all my workout bottoms will irritate it, but I am going to try tomorrow and do what I can, see how that works.

@angmarie28 I hope it's a simple heat rash...try using corn starch...you're awfully young for shingles...I get a rash there a lot too because of excess skin. Of course, check with your doctor or pharmacist first, but that's what I use...
    Jessica

I sent a picture to my old coworker, my old co-nurse at the school, and she agrees its shingles. Definitly not a heat rash, I get those sometimes, but this it different, and it looks like theres a few little blisters . I know im pretty young for it, but Ive seen it in kids before so it isnt unheard of. Im going to stop after work and get Domeboro, which doctors recommend a lot for shingles and other rashes.

I had shingles years ago, if it's really painful then it's shingles. Feels nearly as painful as a burn.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »

Jessica

I had shingles years ago, if it's really painful then it's shingles. Feels nearly as painful as a burn.

It hurts so bad. My nurse friend told be to pick up Domeboro, and it helps some, but still hurts pretty bad.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    I managed to workout this morning, decided to skip cardio, I feel the friction from running and the sweat may irritate my breakout more, so I did shoulders, abs, and half a mile incline walk. It still hurt pretty bad but it is what it is. Cant let this be another set back.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @angmarie28 Glad you're already figuring out how to handle self-care and substitute what's doable and yet, not push and hurt yourself. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this...you're determined to find a way to keep active and extra points for that!!

@Waifer003 Nice loss this week!! WTG gal!! Great job!

@mulecanter Small sacrifice for having fun with the family! Glad you had a good trip and I'm sure you're rocking some extra swim time and exercise time this week and you'll take off the small amount you gained. Should I remind you that I'm closer to winning our bet?!! LOL Hang in there, my friend!!

Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Walked twice this morning...it's a BEAUTIFUL day today!!! Did 1.5 miles today...and I have another 1.2 miles in order to reach my 28 mile goal for the month of October. Next month, I'm gonna push to 30 and if November goes well, I'll try 35 for December. My weight is continuing to decline and the swelling in my left ankle is nearly gone, even on days where I work all day. I just cannot let my weight get above 315 ever again...that seems to be the point where the swelling starts.

This week's focus for me is on water intake and I'm doing well...met my 64 oz goal every day so far. Portion control is going well. Food choices are going well, even with planned excursions, as long as I watch the portions. I'm journaling everything and posting to the group as often as something pops in my head. Really enjoying my vacation this week. Off to read for a while.

Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday!
    Jessica :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    dskkdp14a1yy.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    vv9hi8ylujln.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ladwjs7qupd0.png
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    @angmarie28 I'm sorry you got shingles. I hope you get better soon. I remember getting chicken pox when I was in my 20's, but don't remember it being painful. Must be just shingles. Anyway, for anyone out there who's over age 50 you can get the shingles vaccine if you want. Ask your doctor. It's no longer for just 60 and over. I got mine. It's a 2-shot deal. One now, one 2 months later. The doctor said that's it. Unlike influenza shots which are yearly.
  • Arc130
    Options

@jessicakrall8 Well done Jessica! You are an inspiration to me. I love your attitude and how determined you are. You follow through with your plans and you're consistently successful.
    You're doing fantastic!
  • Arc130
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Pupowl Sounds like you had a productive busy day! It's nice that you're feeding the birds.
    Squirrels can climb most anything so I think they'll be fine. They might raid the bird feeders too though. But anyway for the sleep test, if they do find that you have sleep apnea, I just wanted to let you know that they had a sleep apnea machine recall this past June. The recall models are from the Philips company. Philips Respironics models. The doctor should already know and won't prescribed a recall model. However, you can read about it here: https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    @Arc130
    I doubt they can get to the bird feeders. The bird food is hanging from a pretty slim metal pole, so I don't think they can grab onto that without just sliding down. Would probably look funny though! :smiley:
    Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.