Trimstones Team Chat - OCTOBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Arc130 wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 Well done Jessica! You are an inspiration to me. I love your attitude and how determined you are. You follow through with your plans and you're consistently successful.
    You're doing fantastic!

I wish I could print this out @Arc130 on days when strength fails!! Thank you for your kind words. I guess this proves we all have ups and downs and it's just a matter of perspective...I try to be strong more than weak, but more often than not, I feel like a failure. I even, after all these years, hit myself up with the "why did you let it get this far" routine...yes, I can trace it back and place blame on when it started and point to the losses which gave my so-called-friend, "FOOD", but that doesn't really help. It's still a daily struggle to live with the cravings and habits that have built up over time. YOU guys keep me motivated and wanting to try harder, be stronger...

I'm just forever glad I found this team. I love the way we all care for each other.

Thank you for your kindness...your positivity keeps me going.
    Jessica
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit great to lose after gaining,good effort :)

Thanks, @izzyred9400 ! Yes, so much better than to keep gaining!
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 220.5
    CW: 222

Ugh, weekend trip to Phoenix to watch the Cardinals whip the Texans so I'm really headed into dismal weight territory. I must say that the Cardinals stadium really rocks, they know how to make watching a football game fun even if your team sucks. I didn't watch my diet but I had a nice time with wife and all three sons.

The Cardinals are my in-laws' pro team as well. I guess they were in St. Louis for some period of time? My husband is a diehard baseball Cardinals fan, also because of the St. Louis connection.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,509 Member
    Options
    Hi TS...You have a lovely new member heading your way ... Please welcome @FoolishJoy :)
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, October 26
    • Exercise: no
    • Knee push-ups: no
    • Steps: 14.539 / 8.500
    Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. We had a nice Tuesday. Took the bus into town to shop a bit. I got a really cute mobile with cats made out of felt from the Worldshop. The rest was mostly boring stuff I needed. We ate out at a restaurant in the evening which was really nice. So I am now a whole kilo heavier than yesterday morning. I hope I can get rid of it quickly. We are going to the forest for a walk today and then my mom will be picked up around midday.
    Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Steps

10/24 - 8,325
    10/25 - 3,175
    10/26 - 3,409
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, Jessica.

I was on this team from April to August of this year. I dropped out at the end of August because I had to evacuate for Hurricane Ida and then I fell off the wagon (it was the hurricane's fault, not mine LOL!). I think you moved me to the support team or something like that.

I'm ready to join the team again. Do I have to re-register on the sign-up thread or can you just move me to the November team?

Thanks,
    Cindy
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, Jessica.

I was on this team from April to August of this year. I dropped out at the end of August because I had to evacuate for Hurricane Ida and then I fell off the wagon (it was the hurricane's fault, not mine LOL!). I think you moved me to the support team or something like that.

I'm ready to join the team again. Do I have to re-register on the sign-up thread or can you just move me to the November team?

Thanks,
    Cindy

Hi Cindy and welcome back! No need to re-register. I will ask the MODS to move you back from the support team into active. May take a day, but it will be done. Glad you're coming back to join us. I've missed your positive posts...hope all is well and things are getting better...how are things fairing as far as building/restoring after your brush with Ida?

Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Yukie86
    Steps Update:
    10/23 - 9690
    10/24 -11613
    10/25 - 6774
    10/26 - 6314

It's been a busy work-week :# but I've been trying to stay on target with my meals and steps.
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Prev-156.6
    Current-159

Well poo :D Kidding. It was my daughters birthday week, then last night I had like 1000 extra calories so we went to dinner, so high sodium, plus back to weight lifting, Im sure I have quite a bit of water retention. next week should have a good drop

Hang in there! That happened to me last week and it’s worth being patient!
  • Chalmation
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Hi, Jessica.

Thanks,
    Cindy

Hi Cindy and welcome back! No need to re-register. I will ask the MODS to move you back from the support team into active. May take a day, but it will be done. Glad you're coming back to join us. I've missed your positive posts...hope all is well and things are getting better...how are things fairing as far as building/restoring after your brush with Ida?

Jessica

Thanks. My parish didn't get a lot of hurricane damage. Me and my sister had shingles blown off our roofs and my mom had a window blown out of her garage...everything is fixed now. Areas west of New Orleans were devastated tho.

Should I post my weight in this thread Friday, my weigh in day, since that will be my starting weight for November?

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Hi team,
    Well half way through the week & I've managed to stay within my calorie goal.Also controlled unhealthy snacking by cutting out snacks completely & just having 3 meals a day.We went out for a pub meal last night & didn't follow my no alcohol mid week goal.I resisted the deserts so that was a win !
    Hoping I can continue as my bad hubby has filled the snack cupboard again 😫 Noooo!!
    Welcome to new members & good to see you back @Chalmation .
  • Chalmation
    Options
    Hi team,
    Well half way through the week & I've managed to stay within my calorie goal.Also controlled unhealthy snacking by cutting out snacks completely & just having 3 meals a day.We went out for a pub meal last night & didn't follow my no alcohol mid week goal.I resisted the deserts so that was a win !
    Hoping I can continue as my bad hubby has filled the snack cupboard again 😫 Noooo!!
    Welcome to new members & good to see you back @Chalmation .

Thanks. Can't wait to get started.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    Options
    p5b4p7afqyzl.jpg

Welcome to our new members for November:

@suziieq56
    @FoolishJoy
    @Chalmation (welcome back after a short break!)

I'm Jessica, your Captain for the TrimStones team. I'm glad you found us!! No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, this team is a great source of support and encouragement to help you keep going on tough days, share joys with you on good days and give you a little nudge when needed! As I've said many times, whatever you put into the group, is what you'll get out. Take a few minutes and read back through the entire October thread and you'll find lots of good information, a few giggles and perhaps some answers of questions already in your mind. If you still have questions, just give us a shout and we'll do what we can to find an answer for you.

When you feel ready, please introduce yourself and tell us a little about some of your long and short term goals. We're currently on Week 5 of a Captain's Challenge, which you'll read about in the thread...jump in and join us...pick an area of focus for the week (runs Sun - Sat) each week and we still have a few more weeks to go (4 I think) unless we lengthen it. I'm getting a little feedback and it's helping quite a few of us work on some tricky areas and hopefully smooth things out.

Again, welcome and hope to watch you check off many successes in the near future!

Take care!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Should I post my weight in this thread Friday, my weigh in day, since that will be my starting weight for November?

@Chalmation Go ahead and post for Friday...welcome back!
    Jess
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. As the month winds down I find that I’ve done well. I met my Apple Health goal this month, every month this year so far actually. This month was to double my “move goal” (amount of extra calories burnt through movement) 3 times
    I’ve added the gym back to my week and continue to walk the dog twice a day for 1.75 km each time.
    I struggled to get back on track with portion control and snacks when I let my diet slid for special occasions. That will be life though, I can’t let every celebration turn into multiple days of bad eating.

Glad to be reading all the updates, I love them
  • Chalmation
    Options

@Chalmation Go ahead and post for Friday...welcome back!
    Jess

OK will do!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Hi everyone. As the month winds down I find that I’ve done well. I met my Apple Health goal this month, every month this year so far actually. This month was to double my “move goal” (amount of extra calories burnt through movement) 3 times
    I’ve added the gym back to my week and continue to walk the dog twice a day for 1.75 km each time.
    I struggled to get back on track with portion control and snacks when I let my diet slid for special occasions. That will be life though, I can’t let every celebration turn into multiple days of bad eating.

Glad to be reading all the updates, I love them

Wow @CasandraW that's quite an accomplishment!! BRAVO! Do you select the Apple Health goals or does it suggest it to you based on past performance and current health conditions/details? I've never really used Apple Health much...since I already had Fitbit and MFP...

I can relate to your comment on celebrations...I face the same issue with my once in a while Chinese food. Even though I choose a fairly low fat option or two, by including extra steamed veggies, limiting sauces, not adding additional soy sauce, etc...it's still hard...and I can't decide if the draw for me is more the taste, the convenience of not having to cook or a combination of both, but it's hard not to repeat it more often. Are we cousins?!! LOL You're right thought...it will be life though...I certainly can relate. If you find the magic spell to solve this one, PLEASE SHARE! :wink:

Congrats on meeting your goal...

Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I think the monthly goals are just with the watch. The first of every month I get a new goal, I don't choose it and mine is always different than my husbands. I believe it's based on past performance. I find them helpful and very motivating. They can sometimes be quite ambitious though, my daughter finds them discouraging.
This discussion has been closed.