Chat. Happy or grumpy. We’re here for it all.

Options
12346»

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,379 Member
    Options
    LynneM1980 wrote: »
    Ok, so minor gripes... I've been logging my food mostly on the app because of the bar code scanner, but for some reason the website eats all my dang logs!! For example, logged on here this morning to chat and no food recorded. *shakes fist* any tips?

Also, I was out on a nice walk today and lost my glasses. I put them in my pocket and I guess they fell out when I took my coat off.

Oooo. That sounds like a question for tech support. And also very annoying.

And sorry. Losing the glasses.

The hippies around here say “Mercury is in retrograde” when lots of bad things happen all at once.

Today was a pretty rough one for us here at the homestead. ER with my husband. And while I was there texting my son he informed me that he had tested positive for COVID.

He’s vaccinated. And past the worst. So that’s great. But my husband might be in trouble. I don’t have all the details. But they gave him a CT scan. And we have to get an immediate appointment with a urologist.
    I am actually pretty worried.

And I didn’t do my exercises today. But I really really have to tomorrow. No matter what.
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs. Any updates on your son or husband? How are you feeling?
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    Huge hugs. Any updates on your son or husband? How are you feeling?

My son’s COVID is officially diagnosed now. Not just a home test. And he’s on the mend.
    He and his wife think he got it from her. And she got it from unvaccinated customers.

My husband? He’s feeling better today now that antibiotics are on board. But…. I would not be especially surprised if the bladder issue turns out to be pretty bad.
    I have a dear friend who is a nurse, and usually talks me down off any worry cliffs when serious things happen. I hired her a few years ago to help get my husband past the last few weeks of post bypass surgery recovery. She’s going to go over the concerns with me this evening.

The truth is, we’re all just going along, atoms doing their thing. And part of their thing is random decay of molecules. Leading eventually to system collapse. (This is true no matter what your spiritual philosophy)

All we can do is enjoy the ride while it lasts.
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Huge huge hugs coming your way. My husband is also in horrible health, and we live on the doorstep of "just a matter of time now" . I'm here if you ever want to chat. I'm glad your hubby is feeling better today! That at least is a positive step.
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Embarrassing question: best bladder leak product? Had an accident out walking today.
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Embarrassing question: best bladder leak product? Had an accident out walking today.

I have been experiencing increased incontinence for over a decade now.

So. For a light leak, like…. some dribbling but you make it to the toilet for most of the urine? I like Poise. But honestly I didn’t use that style for long.

I have “graduated” to disposable underwear. And even then sometimes it isn’t enough.
    Yesterday I added the poise pad (overnight ultimate) to my disposable underwear. I poked some big holes in the plastic of the poise pad, and when it happened…. the urine was ALL caught by this combination.
    Since we were at the VA, this was a HUGE win. I was able to just change the soiled items and go on about getting my husband the appointments and stuff he needed.

I have noticed that the larger diapers (XL/L) fit around my thighs just fine until I was about 240ish. And the next size down (M/S) fit around my thighs well between 240ish and 210ish.
    But that’s the smallest size I can find in the stores.

NOW, at 5’8” 188 lbs, they are freaking leaking around my thighs. All of the brands. Sometimes a lot. Which means at home I’m still sitting on a waterproof pad.

Also, most store brand adult diapers are as good (and some significantly better) than the name brands. Although Depends brand has a decent beige color that from a distance might be mistaken for cloth panties.
    I am past caring what my diapers look like.

One final recommendation for anyone else who may read this later:
    I really like Gorilla Grip brand reusable incontinence pads. I also really like Mighty Monkey brand.

I have Gorilla Grip chair sized pads. And I have the Mighty Monkey 34”x52”ones for my bed. VERY comfortable. And that Mighty Monkey one has held up to repeated washing over two years now.
    Amazon has both brands.
    They’re expensive ($40 for two of the Mighty Monkey). But worth it. Very much worth it.
    They hold a LOT of liquid. They’re great to sleep on. And they do not slip or bunch up.
  • LynneM1980
    Options
    Thank you so very very much for sharing! I am beyond dribbling to full out having accidents while I am out, which embarrasses the heck out of me. I picked up some depends today, size Large. I might try the reusables too, I am able to run though for now at home and generally only have dribbles, for which I am using period pads bc stupid poise pantyliners just don't fit me.
  • LynneM1980
    Options

I'm sorry I've not been the best friend with responding to posts lately. My daughter has been in the hospital with something called Intussusception since Monday afternoon, and I have been a ball of stress and nerves. Between sitting with her all day during visiting hours ( she's 19 so an adult and they wouldn't let me stay outside of hours.. bah! ) I've just been logging. No exercise so to speak of besides cleaning around the house. She's home now, with a doctor's visit today to follow up since she discharged yesterday afternoon, and we need to get an appointment with a gastro doc after her biopsies come back, so probably a week or so out with that. They are testing her for celiac's disease and a few other things that I didn't catch the name of because I was too busy freaking out. I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things today!! If it doesn't rain, I'll go out walking after her visit to the doctor. I hope everyone is doing well!

• LynneM1980
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!! Carvana delivered my new car yesterday, so I am finally able to go do things for myself again. It is SO liberating. Living in the boonies and not having a car is just not do-able for me. I didn't get an SUV this time, but I think the car I got has a big enough trunk for the hubby's wheelchair. Still haven't heard back from the job interview I went on, so I emailed them yesterday and asked if I was still in consideration. I did get another job, but it really isn't one I want, and not enough money to live on if Ray ( hubby ) should pass. I also applied for opportunities for Ohioans with disabilities to see if they can help me get job training to do something else, since my dang bachelor's degree isn't of much use. Hubs thinks I should just do grad school, but that still doesn't guarantee a job that I can physically do. Other than that, I finally decided to call around and see if we can get help putting a ramp up for the house. Ray doesn't use his chair from the house to the car normally, but if he gets to where he needs to, I would like to have it.
  • MargaretYakoda
    Options
    I’ve had some rough days lately.
    Just feeling extra weak.

Just grocery shopping is a trial. I even used the motorized cart the other day. I almost used it today, and by the time I got to the checkout I kinda wished I had.

That said? I’m down another pound and a half. So, keeping on keeping on, here.

I’m still here.
    Haven’t used a motorized cart for grocery shopping in a while…. But honestly, grocery shopping is still a major chore.

I was in a rear end accident about six months ago and have been dealing with an injury. Have been doing rehab again for that.

One day at a time.