Trimstones Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    Had a brutal week last week and took a bit of a break, but feeling a bit better and jumping back in. Going to take a pass on this week’s weigh-in, but am now the proud owner of a “new hand me down Fitbit” that I’ll be using until I reach my Apple Watch goal 😉.
    So @jessicakrall8 - please put me down for 8,000 steps/day for November.
    Tammy
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,
    Had a brutal week last week and took a bit of a break, but feeling a bit better and jumping back in. Going to take a pass on this week’s weigh-in, but am now the proud owner of a “new hand me down Fitbit” that I’ll be using until I reach my Apple Watch goal 😉.
    So @jessicakrall8 - please put me down for 8,000 steps/day for November.
    Tammy

Got you down Tammy @Waifer003 ! Also got you down @ncfitbit !

Anyone else wanna jump into our Step Team challenge for November?!!! Let's take a walk!!

1sui7jplgb7g.jpg
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 8,000 steps per day.
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Jessica,
    Here is my steps;

10/25 - 11842
    10/26 - 11842
    10/27 - 11730
    10/28 - 9793
    10/29 - 10932
    10/30 - 13266
    10/31 - 3765
  • ssssseika
    ssssseika Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the step challenge for this month as well!

My goal is 12,000 steps per day and love to walk around anywhere!
    To hit the steps, I usually try not to use elevators and park the car somewhere far away from the destination.
    This month, I will try to hit 15,000 steps twice a week! =)
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Waifer003
    October 31 - 8,520
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,558 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Sunday, October 31
    • Exercise: no
    • Net calories: 1053
    • Steps: 12.778 / 10.000
    Ramblings of the day
    A very slow day with a little bit of housework.
    Happy Monday everyone <3

@izzyred9400
    Thanks, I am glad the restaurant weight came of so fast! I found your weightloss very impressive. I know it is much harder to lose at a lower weight compared to a higher one, so good job.

I am glad you all liked Tinus in his jacket. :smiley:

@ncfitbit
    Thank you for the kind words! I am hoping the next 10kg will be a bit more impactful than these 20 were. Going from 'way too fat' to 'too fat' doesn't really feel very different honestly! I guess we will see.
    I hope you can get some rest and that your parents will stay healthy.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Hi @jessicakrall8 please put me down for 15,000 again for November.I have that on my Garmin watch but as the weather is getting more wintry I don't get out as much.You're doing great with your walking.I definitely think it helps with weightloss & also helps your mental health.
    @Pupowl thank you for your kind words.I know I may not have as much to lose as some on the team,but I have the same struggles as everyone.I got to goal at the end of May,it took me a year! I was OK at maintaining at first but it has crept on again.I am determind not to let the yoyo pattern happen again.So those with a bigger loss just keep with it & be patient with yourselves 🙂 you can do it !
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    @ncfitbit I hope you can get a balance & find a little bit of ME time.Juggling family commitments is always hard.Just try not to let emotional pressures affect your personal goals.I cared for my dear Mum who had dementia for many years,so I know how difficult it is.
    @Waifer003 hope you have a better week after your tough one.
    @Pupowl I love reading your daily posts,you seem very organised in your goals & journey.I like your honesty.
    @napattack9558 well done on your loss.I think covid has left alot of us feeling a bit broken.I am going to the theatre this evening & am feeling a bit nervous about gathering with a crowd.I think I am going to keep my mask on.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Steps

10/28 - 9,438
    10/29 - 4,215
    10/30 - 3,336
    10/31 - 3,859
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Sunday morning here and I am ready to start a new month of improving myself. My name is Laura, I am 33 years old and I live in a lovely town in the Netherlands with my cat. There is a National Park fairly close to my home where I love to walk and take pictures. I also enjoy reading, singing, gaming, jigsaw puzzles and drinking piles of tea. I go to the gym 3 times a week and I try to get in walks if I have the energy. My diary is open (and very boring) and I am also happy to accept friend requests.

Review October goals:
    - Protein is better than it was, but still needs work
    - Vitamins were taken every day
    - Steps were way over my planned 8.500 every day
    - Knee push-ups were a fail. My wrists are very weak, so this was actually a bit painful so eventually I stopped doing them.
    - Goal weight 201lbs -> this was a miscalculation when I looked up kg to lbs. It was supposed to be 202.2 lbs. This morning I came in at 202.4 lbs so I did not quite make it. In kilo's I wanted to be 91.7 and made it to 91.8

November goals:
    Steps 10.000 minimum a day
    Goal weight 197.9
    I don't really have anything extra to track this month. I think I get plenty of movement in, my water is fine and my steps are really solid so I will just keep doing what I am doing.

So today is a little special for me. My highest weight was 112 kg (247lbs) and today I dropped under 92 kg for the first time, which means I have officially lost a solid 20 kg. This is also halfway to my intitial goal of losing 40 kg, though I am not sure if I will be happy there. I took new full body pictures in my underwear which I haven't done since my highest weight. While I do see a difference, I also see there is a lot of work left. I will take a new set of pictures when I am below 82 kg. If all goes well this month, I will have something to celebrate in lbs by making it to onederland and in kilograms by making it out of the 90's, fun!

I hope everyone will have a great November with a lot of small victories and healthy changes.
    Good luck team! <3

Congratulations on the weight loss! A tip for your wrist: Mine would hurt whenever I tried doing pushups also. I would suggest bending your wrist back and forth anytime out of the day that you remember to do so. It's a good wrist exercise. Once I started back weight training, this wrist weakness went away.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    FoolishJoy
    Monday
    November starting weight: 257 lbs
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Caregiving is never easy, but very needed, rewarding and loving. I took care of my Mom during her bout with dementia for the last 16 years of her life. Her dementia was due to mini-strokes, so I was fortunate to never have a day when she didn't know/recognize me. It is VERY tiring and it's vital that you practice good self-care. I'm glad you're getting those weekly walks/runs in on your treadmill...gives you time to clear out your mental cobwebs, reflect on your week and get your head on straight for the week ahead. Glad to hear that you're taking are of you and planning...BRAVO!
    Jessica

Wow, Jessica. Sixteen years of caring for your mom is absolutely amazing. Maybe you already said this, but I'm just blown away by it. My dad was diagnosed just four years ago but with all his falls recently we've had to wonder how much more of this his body can take. His facility arranged for a hopsice nurse to come out and do an assessment last week but she said, "no, I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon. He eats very well and is moving very well given his age and condition." So anyway, I will think of you when our journey seems long. I need strength for this! Thank you.

• ncfitbit
    Options
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Hi, all. My name is Cindy, and I was part of this team from April to August of this year. Had to drop out at the end of August because I had to flee Hurricane Ida! But even before that, I was starting to slide off the wagon, and during my evacuation and after I got home (no major damage, just some missing roof shingles), the wagon ran over me a few times.

But I got my head back in the game and am ready to do this again. Of course, I gained most of my lost weight back, so I have to re-lose those pounds now. Very frustrating, because if I had stayed on course, I would already be at my goal weight.

Welcome back, @Chalmation ! You're Cindy and I'm Cynthia, but I was Cindy when I was in school!

I just wanted to comment that I know that feeling of having the wagon run over me! Thankfully, you've dusted yourself off and you're back on the road. The important thing is to get there. Doesn't matter how long it takes us. anyway, welcome and glad you are here.
  • ncfitbit
    Options
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 185.8
    CW: 184.8

Thrilled to be chugging along again, even after Halloween!
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    Chalmation wrote: »
    Hi, all. My name is Cindy, and I was part of this team from April to August of this year. Had to drop out at the end of August because I had to flee Hurricane Ida! But even before that, I was starting to slide off the wagon, and during my evacuation and after I got home (no major damage, just some missing roof shingles), the wagon ran over me a few times.

But I got my head back in the game and am ready to do this again. Of course, I gained most of my lost weight back, so I have to re-lose those pounds now. Very frustrating, because if I had stayed on course, I would already be at my goal weight.

Welcome back, @Chalmation ! You're Cindy and I'm Cynthia, but I was Cindy when I was in school!

I just wanted to comment that I know that feeling of having the wagon run over me! Thankfully, you've dusted yourself off and you're back on the road. The important thing is to get there. Doesn't matter how long it takes us. anyway, welcome and glad you are here.

@ncfitbit

I've been run over by so many wagons I've lost count!

I've never been a Cynthia haha.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    ssssseika wrote: »
    Jessica,
    Here is my steps;

10/25 - 11842
    10/26 - 11842
    10/27 - 11730
    10/28 - 9793
    10/29 - 10932
    10/30 - 13266
    10/31 - 3765

Seika @ssssseika please check your step counts as you have the exact same count for 10/25 as 10/26. Please advise if they are correct or if one could be in error. Let me know. Jess
This discussion has been closed.