Trimstones Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl Beautiful puzzle picture!! I love that your fur baby is standing guard over it as well. I'm assuming you work in front of the window because you have so much natural light? How nice!! Keep sharing...I'm enjoying your pictures so much!
    Enjoy your day!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 219.5
    CW: 215.5

Well this was the result of an 81-hour fast (with some small cheats [almonds are 7 cal each!] along the way). Going into Thanksgiving week after a long fast is likely not going to end well but that was true anyway, lol. I've been stuck with my Covid 20 for too long so I've reinstituted my personal Excel spreadsheet/weight graph as it seems to help me focus. In terms of my bet with @jessicakrall8, I don't think catching Jessica before she hits her even number is possible even if I fast from now until I hit 200. I'll be bitter and sending her a shipping container currently stranded offshore at the Long Beach harbor that's filled with pallets of See's candy. >:)
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 - Looks like were on similar boats (whole yo-yo'ing bit). Since I joined this group however (in Sept) I am taking things (very, very) slow. I have a tendency to hyper-focus for a few weeks (strict dieting, exercise - all the things), resulting in great losses (and hitting goals) but then I kind of just burn-out or fizzle-out and climb back uphill (weight-wise)
    * This time around my minimum focus was 1 consistent thing for 1mo before adding/stacking another habit :
    Month 1 = logging (good or bad)
    Month 2 = eating better 80% of the time
    Month 3 = increased my step count & being a bit more active on weekends *nothing huge, usually activities that my 7yo daughter likes (she keeps me accountable) : playing volleyball, badminton, casual bike rides, or walks to or at the park.
    * I'm hoping this is a more sustainable approach - so far it's working.

@Pupowl - lovely puzzle and companion - your fur baby is so fluffy 😻 and cute.

@jessicakrall8 - hope your knee is feeling better * Peach pie is my absolute favorite, type of pie (yum).
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    11/19-9,615
    11/20-14,659
    11/21-13,483
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    11/20: 8,601
    11/21: 9,344
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Woke up with some swelling in my left knee today...but I was determined to make it a good day...drank lots of water today, at well under my calorie limit, walked twice this morning for about 33 minutes (on my breaks) and then walked again tonight for another 17 minutes...feeling really good. This new medicine for my thyroid, gives me TONS of energy and no side affects...I like feeling strong after being tired for so long.

Chicken has always been one of my favorite foods and I'll be honest...switching from fried to baked was hard a few years ago, but I think it was because I focused on the fact that it was a change I HAD to make and didn't WANT to make...now it's become my protein staple. I pick up an 8 pc of baked chicken for $7 at Kroger's deli and it makes 3-4 meals for me and all I have to do is steam some mixed vegetables to go with it. I don't really ever tire of it because I truly love chicken. On nights when I'm really tired, it only takes me 10-15 minutes to reheat it, make the veggie and sit down to a nutritious meal. The only time it becomes hard to stay on plan is when I'm worn out and haven't planned ahead.

So, to sum up, I HAD AN AWESOME DAY TODAY! Hope you did as well. Tomorrow will be a little different because I have to go into the office and listen to the boss drone on about football, something I could NOT care less about...thank God for headsets. I'll put on my jazz station and work on my big report that's due on Wednesday...and before you know it, it will be time to go. Only one piano lesson tomorrow and then I'm done until Friday afternoon. Looking forward to have four days off this week.

Hope all of you in the US have terrific plans for the holiday...with lots of love and fun and very little cooking...would love to hear your Thanksgiving plans if you care to share...

Take care,
    Jessica

q9bmoxqjvptv.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Monday
    PW: 219.5
    CW: 215.5

Well this was the result of an 81-hour fast (with some small cheats [almonds are 7 cal each!] along the way). Going into Thanksgiving week after a long fast is likely not going to end well but that was true anyway, lol. I've been stuck with my Covid 20 for too long so I've reinstituted my personal Excel spreadsheet/weight graph as it seems to help me focus. In terms of my bet with @jessicakrall8, I don't think catching Jessica before she hits her even number is possible even if I fast from now until I hit 200. I'll be bitter and sending her a shipping container currently stranded offshore at the Long Beach harbor that's filled with pallets of See's candy. >:)

Since I work for an international shipping company, currently dealing with the overcrowding situation at the Long Beach harbor, I think you're just being nasty to bring it up!! LOL I had a tiny gain this week and with the holiday, not sure what next Monday's weigh in will look like...I'll make you a deal @mulecanter ... I could REALLY use a Motivator for the team...if you'll join me for fun and merriment, we can just call it even...and all I'd need is a few postings a week and maybe an occasional idea for challenges...I know you miss beating me up in the chatroom, so what do you say?!! COME BACK!!! :smile: No pressure...

Jessica
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Ncfitbit
    Monday weigh in
    Pw: 186.8
    CW: 186.8
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    PrincessDimplz
    Monday Weigh-In
    PW: 265.2 lbs
    CW: 263.3 lbs
    LTD: 6.7 lbs
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Monday, November 22

Exercise: gym
    Net calories: 683
    Steps: 10.751 / 10.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning team. I had an okay Monday. Gym was alright though I felt a little weak. I still struggle with eating, not sure what to do about that. I can't really think of anything I am interested in eating. Might go back to mainly the shakes for a while. Happy Tuesday everyone <3

@jessicakrall8
    Yeah, the light there is pretty great. It's on the south side of the house. It also happened to be where I could easily make room for the table so it worked out well. I don't have good lights in the living room, so I can only puzzle during daytime.

@Yukie_OP
    Thank you! He really is super fluffy now because it's getting colder. I think we will visit the groomer soon. :smile:
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday
    I had a good day yesterday,managed the gym,& a swim & a relax in the steam room.Didn't do many steps but I'm walking to have my covid booster jab today & it's 45 mins each way.
    Thanks @Yukie_OP it's good to know someone else is having the same struggles 😏
    @Pupowl I hope you get your appetite back soon.I love the colours of your puzzle too,turquoise is my favourite colour.
    @jessicakrall8 You seem to be super focused at the moment.Glad you have more energy since you changed your meds.I hope that you enjoy the spare time to concentrate on YOU.I love chicken too,we have it alot in my house,so much so that my husband starts clucking if I say it's chicken for dinner again 🐔 🤣
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    0gvseemul9ds.png
    Greetings Teams Trimstones and Shrinking Assets!

The past couple of years have been quite a wild ride, and this has had some impact on our Fat2Fit group and teams, as you can well imagine. To help make things better, we have decided to scale down slightly (it is what we do, after all!) from six teams to five. Both of your teams have recently lost a co-captain and it has been difficult to find anyone who can step up to the team leadership, so we Moderators think it is a great time for the two teams to join forces. Your two current captains, @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly will continue, and hopefully a couple of you will be able to help out as Motivators.

For a while, the team will be larger than the usual 25-30 that we aim for. We will not recruit any new members to the combined team for a while, so you'll have a chance to get to know one another and build a strong community. As always, if anyone wants to try a different team, that is possible as well - just ask. But I think the new combined team will be active, fun, and give the rest of the teams a run for their money!

Since you are the Trimstones (a wonderfully British concoction) and the Shrinking Assets (cheeky, cheeky!), coming up with a new name for the team is a challenge - so, we're asking for your help!

Here are a couple of suggestions:
    The Trim Assets
    Unrepentant Thinners

I'm sure you can come up with more, or just let us know which one(s) you like best! We want the new name in place by December 1st, so please let your opinion be known by November 30th at the latest.

For right now, your chat threads will remain as they are. Please feel free to visit one another. Here are the two links:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847524/shrinking-assets-team-chat-november-2021#latest
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10847526/trimstones-team-chat-november-2021#latest

The first couple of pages of the thread usually include introductions, so you can start to get to know all your new friends. Next month (beginning December 4th), you will have a combined chat thread as the new team. Please feel free to share any ideas, requests, rants, or willingness to help out - this week and next will be your chance to help shape the way things will go with the new team. Thanks in advance!
  • mulecanter
    Options
    @jugar As a kid who had speech therapy in grade school I think "Unrepentant Thinners" is hilarious so I vote for that.
  • mulecanter
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »

Since I work for an international shipping company, currently dealing with the overcrowding situation at the Long Beach harbor, I think you're just being nasty to bring it up!! LOL I had a tiny gain this week and with the holiday, not sure what next Monday's weigh in will look like...I'll make you a deal @mulecanter ... I could REALLY use a Motivator for the team...if you'll join me for fun and merriment, we can just call it even...and all I'd need is a few postings a week and maybe an occasional idea for challenges...I know you miss beating me up in the chatroom, so what do you say?!! COME BACK!!! :smile: No pressure...

Jessica

Nah, I prefer to stay sarcastic which isn't really very motivating for some people. I'll try to post more in our thread. I look forward to our merger with Shrinking Assets, I always loved that team name.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Good Morning all!!!!! I got some great workouts in this past weekend, but yesterday I was far to exahusted so I skipped that, then his morning my alarm went off at 4am, I snoozed it twice, then at 4:20 shut it off to get up, and fell back asleep until 530, and I start getting ready at 6am, so by the time I would get changed and out working out, I would have like 15 minutes, so no workout today either. I have the next 4 days off, so the plan is to clean the house and workout, and only go over calories on Thursday, because no one should diet on Thanksgiving, ha, plus turkey is healthy, so whateves.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    11/22-7,203
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Is Shrinkstones a weird combo for a new teamname? I think it's kinda catchy. lol.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Is Shrinkstones a weird combo for a new teamname? I think it's kinda catchy. lol.
    I like that one too
  • jugar
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    I like that one too

Umm - I kinda worry that the men won't find it so attractive... :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    Over on Shrinking Assets they have gone wild coming up with hilarious names. I was laughing my head off. Go on over and check it out! I'll post a list on both threads each day to keep up with any new ones and take out any that get shot down. Have fun with it!
This discussion has been closed.