gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Sunday 11/28

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise no
    Water 100oz

Goals/Comments:
    Just realized that I'm the highest weight in this group. At one point I would've been ashamed to be in this group but that just goes to show you how far I've grown mentally and emotionally; knowing it's all about being healthy and not worrying about the number.

FEELING VERY ENCOURAGED🤗🤗

When I joined I was the highest weight in the group! But that won't always be true for you, as is no longer true for me! Good for both of us for joining and best of luck!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sunday 11/28
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 65 minute hike. with Fitbit tracking your heart rate and the like, shows I burned 250 more calories on my hike than my 55 minute walk early in the week. More hills on the hike so I had a higher average heartbeat. I know that the calories burned estimates can be off a lot and I try not to eat any of my exercise calories back but still it is interesting to compare.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 I love your positive mindset!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes: walked 2.11 miles (43 min)

Goals/Day/Comments:
    My goals today were to reach my step goal (12,000), exercise, stay under 1600 calories and remember to post this accurately. I hope I did this right.

My goals for tomorrow: 12,500 calories, 20+ minutes exercise and plan out our menu for the week

Just teasing you but can you really eat 12,500 calories in a day? :p (I know you meant steps)
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Daily check in
    Mon 11/29
    Tracked yes
    Calories just over
    Exercise yes 53 min 3 mile walk
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Floriduhgirl
    Week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 175.6

Nice
  • vicky2767
    Options
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to December Challenge!

MY INTRO

My name is Gloria, 42 yrs old, been on this weight-loss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in the back and knees.

Current Weight: 476.5lbs
    73.2lbs and 50 inches lost overall so far.

His continued Grace, guidance, and Power are what I need to give me strength as well as acknowledge my faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

My Plan for Success this month:
    • Surrendering to God in prayer morning & night
    • Abstaining from Fast & Junk Food (except scheduled days)
    • Guidance from my Bariatric Doctor & Personal Trainer
    • Intermittent Fasting Window (16:8, 18:6, 20:4)
    • Start Aquatics 2x every other week when permitted
    • Increase Interval workout from 60mins to 90 mins a day with a least one standing
    • Follow current Whole Food Plant Base with 1600 calories, (Macros 65% Carbs, 15% Fat 20% Protein) allowing 6 days of semi-healthy splurge during (21st & 23rd on a reward trip to Savannah, GA, Christmas, my birthday (12/31 and New Year's day)
    • Increase step count from 7000 to 7500 steps daily
    • Continue drinking lots of water 💧
    • Meditate at least 4x a week to center myself
    • Always find a way to prep my food for the week
    • Keep Zero calorie frozen popsicles on hand
    • Measure every month on the 28th
    • Weigh Every Thursday to Stay on Track
    • ENCOURAGE SELF EVERY DAY NOT TO GIVE UP & IF I FAIL; GET BACK UP DON'T STAY DOWN‼️
    ‼️USE THE CRISIS HOTLINE 800 273 8255 ‼️

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

SIDE NOTE: I'm planning a trip to Savannah, GA for my early birthday gift to myself as a reward for losing 100lbs.🤞🏾🤞🏾 I wanted to wait to go the week of my birthday but couldn't get any of my family members to lead the Kwanzaa celebration and I'm very strict about keeping traditions (you know. . .lead by example🤔🤔); soooooo I'm leaving the 20th and returning the 24th. Since I am shorting myself 2 weeks, I've decided since this is a nonrefundable trip I will still go if I'm short of my goal but will just make sure I work out and restrict myself to my food plan and no treats while I'm there. But really hoping to succeed🙏🏾🙏🏾

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤
    You deserve that trip. Hope you have a great time. Never been there, hope to visit savannah one day as I heard it beautiful
    Good evening, all, and happy Thanksgiving. My name is Leah. I am 27 years old, in my last year of grad school. I have struggled with my weight for years. I gained fifty pounds in college. I discovered it was due partially to PCOS, which I was diagnosed with last year. It makes it very difficult for me to lose weight. I’m lucky if I lose ten pounds. I have had a terrible autumn, a stressful year - and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life.
    You got this!
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Saturday 11/27
    Exercise Yes, a 30 minute walk outside (hadn’t paid attention to exactly how early it got dark and had to cut it short)
    Also went through my clothes again, got rid of about 15 things and took things out of storage tubs that now fit. Could have gotten rid of a lot of other things that are big on me but with working at home and congregation meetings still over zoom as well, I don’t feel as self conscious still wearing them.

User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 202.2
    Nice
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Happy to be joining you guys this month! I was in Team Run Track Minds and now get to be with you guys after that team was dissolved. I’m 34F, 5’4 and started using MFP again at the end of May and feel like I am in it for the long haul this time, learning how to cook healthy meals and create healthy habits. My motivation to start again was some not so good lab results and high blood pressure. Also have pcos. After all the health issues family members have had, I want to try and limit my risk factors as much as I can.

May 28th 2021 Weight 240lbs (also my highest weight), Ultimate goal weight 170lbs. I’ll reassess once I am there but I’ve been down to 170lbs before, I know it is doable. My weight loss has felt like it has slowed down last month or so but looking back, losing 38lbs in 5 months is quite accomplishment. While I do want to be back in onederlandby end of the year, am trying to not focus on the scale so much as keeping up the momentum on healthy habits.
    That’s is quite the accomplishment.
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I’m excited to join you guys! I’m a 50 y/o mom of two. Both kids are still in high school. I was recently at my heaviest I’ve ever been in my life (250 lbs), today I am 235.8

Seeing myself in my son’s Senior Night pictures was an eye opener.

I have started this slowly and I’m finally finding my groove. I’m thrilled to see where this takes me!
    You got this. One day at a time
    SalluR wrote: »
    Week 1
    Weigh in

PW :201
    CW :200

Nice loss
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Dropped my MIL off at the airport. Had such a nice visit. Time to get back to a routine though.
  • jpettigrew77
    jpettigrew77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mon Nov 29 Accountability

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes - extra long walk 2hrs
    Goals/Day/Comments: Today's goal was make it out alive. We all know Mondays suck but today when I got home I pushed myself even though I skipped the gym I went for a long walk to hit 12000 steps(just exercise not just from work). So off to read for an hour and stay off social media and TV for the rest of the night.

Hope everyone had a positive day
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday 11/29
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: yes
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    DebJB30
    Monday Weigh in Week 1
    PW = 165.4
    CW = 165.6
  • Mama530
    Options
    @FushiaKat , you silly goose. And if pizza is involved, it might just be doable. Hahaha
  • Mama530
    Options
    Exercise: Yes: walked for 30 minutes.
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Exercise: 51 minutes indoor & outdoor walking
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Monday 11/29
    Exercise: No. my rest day/long day at work. Not as horrible as I expected after a four day weekend but still busy

I appreciate all your efforts to still exercise despite the evils of Monday. I keep telling myself should do a quick exercise video or play ring fit on my lunch or right after I get off…. Instead I listen to the lure of comfy chairs/bed and cats that want to cuddle. The rest of the week I just work part time hours and is normally easier to get exercise of some sort in
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track : Yes
    Calories : Under
    Exercise :Yes, 7,300 steps

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Daily Post Monday 11-29
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes - 3490 steps! Anything over 3000 is a win for me.

Goals/Day/Comments: I envy everybody who can get more steps in. My limit is 4000 or I'm just too exhausted and it hurts too much to move so I turn into a Chair Slug. Just how many extra calories is 10,000 steps? I was a total idiot today, I fasted all morning until 2:30, then I ate lunch and drove 25 minutes to get my blood work done, and I forgot one of the tests requires fasting! Duh! So tomorrow I get to do it all over again. I would go first thing in the morning but I have to be at the Jeep Dealer by 8:30 to get the oil changed.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise no
This discussion has been closed.