Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Daily Post

Tuesday 11/30

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 35 minutes Interval Work out with Fitbit and 30 minutes of cooking & food prep
    Water 140oz

Goals/Comments:
    Finally food prep something delicious. Those one pot meals are on the back burner for now. Had a setback yesterday with my steps so could only do 1 ½ work out due to having an attack of dizziness or lightheadedness due to the pulmonary diseases I suffer from (pulmonary hypertension, OSA, COPD-ASTHMA, chronic asthma and hypoxic)

czt1bme39gos.jpg
  • MotivatedM3
    MotivatedM3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Week1/Wed
    PW: 234.3
    CW: 231.7
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday 11-30
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes - earned extra calories today.

Goals/Day/Comments: I spent 5 hours at the Jeep dealer yesterday and it just wore me out. But the oil is changed, and the software is updated. He tried to talk me out of updating the software and I had to get rude with him, it's way past due and whenever I go, they give me some BS story. Yesterday I did not put up with it. I hate being rude, but it is necessary every now and then.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wednesday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: No
    Exercise: No
  • jpettigrew77
    jpettigrew77 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy Dec 1st

Exercise: Yes - walk for 1 hour

Goals/Day/Comments:

I took a few extra days off work this week for a mental break. I still excercied but only made it up to 10k steps. The hardest part of my day is while my wife is working and the kids are off to school I kind of get out of routine for my diet plan. I still came under but I skipped my morning and afternoon snack which brought me well under my calorie count for the day which I believe is no good. So tomorrow's goal eat 5 meals. Till tomorrow

Hope everyone had a positive day!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Track Calories yes Over
    Exercise Yes 20 minutes on stationary bike

Goals/Comments: It's hard to know exactly how many calories many foods have unless you actually create the recipe on MFP. My husband does almost all of the cooking so I don't really know what he puts in our food. He's not one to measure and likes to change things up, so there's that. Do you weigh and measure everything or just guestimate the calories sometimes? I think I was over by about 50 calories yesterday, but I might have been over by 200 or under by 100!!??! I will continue logging though because really helps me from getting totally out of control!

I'm higher than I've been in over 10 years. I started gaining summer of 2020 when I realized I was no longer going to be able to travel for awhile and am up 20 pounds now. For 7 years I had kept up with exercise and kept my weight the same so I'd be ready to keep up on our trips (I often travel with a young crowd...daughters), but I had no motivation after cancelling trip after trip, so I got depressed and lazy. Travel is going to start up again and I'm way behind but ready to lose the 20 pounds again that I had lost back in 2013.

Daily Goals:
    1) log food
    2) stay under 1600 calories
    3) work out 20-60 minutes
    4) record my progress here
    5) trust the process...stay off the scale until weigh in day on Saturdays

@gjaholy33 What the scale says is just a number. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I just stayed off of it and trusted in the process. That's easier said than done but I am adding that to my goals. I think health is an inside job and once we get better mentally and emotionally, the physical changes will come. You, and so many others here, have inspired me to try one more time. I am very grateful for everyone who has allowed themselves to be vulnerable so they can help others as well as themselves. You all might not realize what an positive impact you have on others.
    I read this and so much of it reminds me of me. I agree, I also believe it’s an inside job. I didn’t do all the traveling you did, but I have gained about 32 pounds since July 2019 after my father had passed and have found it difficult to get back on track. But I am determined and I know one day it will click inside and I’ll get there. Good luck to you.
    chublet007 wrote: »
    chublet25
    Tuesday weigh-in
    PW 132.2
    CW 130.4
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    FUSHIAKAT
    Week 1 (Tuesday 11-30-2021)
    PW =188.4
    CW= 188
    Nice losses
  • vicky2767
    Options
    MotivatedM3
    Week1/Wed
    PW: 234.3
    CW: 231.7
    Nice
    gjaholy33 wrote: »
    Daily Post

Tuesday 11/30

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 35 minutes Interval Work out with Fitbit and 30 minutes of cooking & food prep
    Water 140oz

Goals/Comments:
    Finally food prep something delicious. Those one pot meals are on the back burner for now. Had a setback yesterday with my steps so could only do 1 ½ work out due to having an attack of dizziness or lightheadedness due to the pulmonary diseases I suffer from (pulmonary hypertension, OSA, COPD-ASTHMA, chronic asthma and hypoxic)

czt1bme39gos.jpg
    Hope you’re feeling better
    FushiaKat wrote: »
    Daily Post Tuesday 11-30

Goals/Day/Comments: I spent 5 hours at the Jeep dealer yesterday and it just wore me out. But the oil is changed, and the software is updated. He tried to talk me out of updating the software and I had to get rude with him, it's way past due and whenever I go, they give me some BS story. Yesterday I did not put up with it. I hate being rude, but it is necessary every now and then.
    Sometimes it’s necessary. Glad you got it done
    Happy Dec 1st

Exercise: Yes - walk for 1 hour

Goals/Day/Comments:

I took a few extra days off work this week for a mental break. I still excercied but only made it up to 10k steps. The hardest part of my day is while my wife is working and the kids are off to school I kind of get out of routine for my diet plan. I still came under but I skipped my morning and afternoon snack which brought me well under my calorie count for the day which I believe is no good. So tomorrow's goal eat 5 meals. Till tomorrow

Hope everyone had a positive day!

Mental breaks are necessary, good for you!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    I’m a couple days behind
    Tues
    track no
    Calories ?
    Exercise no

Wed
    Track no
    Calories?
    Exercise no

Must get out of this funk.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Bemybestby60
    December Challenge Week 1
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 182.5
    Current weight 183
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    12/1
    Track: yes
    Calories: over
    Exercise: yes
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Daily post: 12/1
    Track, yes
    Calories, under
    Exercise, yes, 25 minutes on stationary bike

@vicky2767 I’m sorry for your loss. I understand how hard it is to lose a parent and that sorrow will last a long time. After my mom died in 2010, I reached my all time high weight and it took several years before it came back down. Thank you for your good wishes. And You WILL get out of that funk! Maybe tomorrow?🤞
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 12/01
    Tracked: Yes
    Under Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 52 minute walk outside. I’ve been going the opposite way on my normal loop the last few times, first time was to avoid a big family with dogs but now I am liking something different, It feels more challenging in some ways. Still the same hill but you are walking on an incline longer while the other side is flat then all of a sudden a steep hill.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Wed - 12/1
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I am fighting off a cough & cold. So, I ate a little more today, still under my goal, but I didn’t get in any exercise.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    December Week 1 - Wed, 12/1
    CW: 186

Calories: Under
    Exercise: None
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday 12-01

Goals/Day/Comments: I fasted this morning and got the blood work done. Tomorrow I go and pick up medication for my Cat. Then Friday I see 2 doctors back-to-back. I'm still tired today and slightly dizzy, it will get better but it sure does make my days difficult. I think tomorrow I will eat Taco Salad, just to make life easier. I hope my doctors are happy with my progress. They see me every 3 months. Maybe I need to take a nap tomorrow to recharge.

My goal weight for December is 180 (lol, no pressure!)
  • FushiaKat
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Mama530 wrote: »
    Daily Post: Wed - 12/1
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no

I am fighting off a cough & cold. So, I ate a little more today, still under my goal, but I didn’t get in any exercise.

I hope you feel better soon :smile: Let me fix you a bowl of Healthy Request - Homestyle - Chicken Noodle Soup.
  • gjaholy33
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh in: Thursday
    December Week 1
    PW: 476.5lbs
    CW: 475.2lbs

Goals/Comments: so after Thanksgiving Day I weighed myself and went up to 479.8lbs so I'm glad to see getting back on track the next day prevailed for me. Finally lost all the weight that I gained during the month of Nov. went a little too happy on my trip to VA with the family. Note to self fast food for the weekend plus a pre-thanksgiving meal was not a good idea.

dq3o8nvmasx2.png

my new goal was 20lbs for this month 😒😒 but I'll be happy with losing at least 10 to 15lbs by my birthday NYE🙏🏾🙏🏾
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walked 2 miles

Daily Post Monday

Exercise: Yes, walked 1 mile,

Daily Post Tuesday

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, walked 1 mile

Daily Post Wednesday

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins weightlifting, walked 1 mile.

Comments: Confession time. I've been hyper focused on getting myself back on track. It's been a really really tough year for me but I'm determined to get back what I had. I've been working on starting my youtube back up and getting ready for that and I did spend last week on vacation which I used to get some "spring" cleaning done and trying to get myself into better routines and I think I'm getting there. Have been sticking to the plans. So, I am annoyed about this but at the end of the day when I get done being focused on everything I forget to do my daily posting! ugh.

I also set a goal of walking a mile a day for an entire year. I've done it every day this week so far, and it's starting to seem less daunting and more attainable than the day I decided to set that goal.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Wednesday Dec. 1

Track yes
    Calories yes
    Exercise yes 50 minutes of FitBit Interval Workout
    Water 120oz

Goals/Comments: So I'm having a difficult time this week with my pulmonary diseases 😷 plus I can't use my oxygen due to the cannula giving me rashes. So I did not make my steps yesterday either only did 6000 out of the 7000. Also trying to go to the pool is out this month which is disappointing but I'm listening to my body. I will up my interval work out and see if I go slow if I can do just 1 huge work out. That's what I'm going to try today.
This discussion has been closed.