• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Friday weigh-in
    PW 87.6
    CW 87.2
    Introduction still coming- hopefully
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    @bowens1973 sounds like the Gran Fondo will be quite an accomplishment. Good for you for making that commitment and looking forward to hearing how training is going.

@graceojo999 welcome! Sorry to hear you're having back pains, I am too and it is certainly not fun. The heating pad has become my best friend.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2021
    So I'm finishing up my first week of sticking to the 16:8 intermittent fasting and it's gone well so far. I did have a bit of Ice cream a little later than I should have last night, but my boyfriend and I had run to Costco and didn't get back until after my end time so I was outside it by about 30-40 minutes. And coincidentally today is the first day I have felt hungry in the morning. I don't know if there's a correlation there or it's just a coincidence. Hopefully my coffee will help keep the hunger at Bay until lunch time in a few hours.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    @jugar CW: 178.8
    I know the steps that got me to a higher weight…some of it because I haven’t had as many steps outside!
    I’m going back to my smaller plate servings. That helps me feel satiated sooner than eating the same amount in a bigger plate.
    I baked some lemon shortbread last night and caught myself “tasting” the lemon-sugar. ‘Cause I couldn’t recall the flavor?! Good grief.
    I’ll push myself to move outside for an hour today. Putting away yard furniture, now that it’s all snowy, will make me feel ready to decorate for Christmas.
    Have a great day, y’all!
    Today will be a “perfect” day so I’ll be ready for holiday eating with Emily *next* week!

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    CW - 178.6 lbs

Look at Sam sneaking into the 170's... way to go!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Friday weigh in

PW 198.7 I think
    CW 197.9 This is my average.

I’ve been lower all week but up today because of dinner last night with the grand. Better to use the average instead of the lowest weight. (Psst, is was almost a half pound more🙂)

I’ll read posts and post more later.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about posting my introduction late. I took a long break from MFP and only just got the courage to come back. My name is Grace, I live in Nottingham with my sister. I am currently correcting my PHD thesis. I am home a lot and have piled on a lot more weight since I was last on the group.

I am looking forward to reducing the weight I have gained, getting healthier and happier. My back hurts this days as well. So that has to be fixed.

I will weigh in on Sundays, walk more, restrict calories to less than 1300...and drink 2l of water daily. Thank you all for having me

Welcome back Grace - we've missed you ❤ Sorry to hear about your back - look after yourself!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    A lovely Friday!

I had some fun shopping today - since I'll have some Army peeps around starting Sunday, of course I had to go to my favourite beer store. It is a small place that sells only Québec microbrews, and the people who work there actually know what they are talking about. I have to give those Alberta guys a taste of the good stuff, right? Some of the names are hilarious. Then I laid in more supplies of things I think they'll enjoy eating, and we're ready to go. Can't wait!

I did get an extra hard walk up my hill out of it - lots of stuff to carry, and an extra trip because I forgot some stuff in the car and only figured it out about a half hour ago. Steps will hit goal no problem!

@MoStacy - glad you found us and are sticking with weighing in even if not worrying about the results for December. I think just the act of dropping by and checking in helps curb some of the overindulgences. Then we'll be after you in January!

@EvMakesChanges you only added a tiny bit 0.2 lbs - but you're right to get and take the steps to keep that from continuing. Stick with those 170s - it looks good on you, I am certain!

@MandiSaysHey it is good to hear about your 16:8 experiment. It sounds like it is agreeing with you so far :smiley:
  • jugar
    bonnie_red wrote: »
    My name is Bonnie! @kellie_erin is my sister and encouraged me to join the group. I am living in Toronto, ON. I started a new job in August and am (still) tryibf to finish a PhD thesis. I'm aiming to make some small changes in December and to get back on track in January.

You and @graceojo999 can commiserate about the PhD thesis! You're both amazing even for being here during that ordeal...
  • jugar
    Heads up, everyone! Time to finish up this week, hopefully with more green than red and ready for the weeks to come.

Send in those numbers, or let me know if you need to be excused for the week - thanks!
    @Terytha
    @graceojo999 (your best guess at a weight from last Sunday)
    @tasoconnor
    @Steph1498
    @gak71
    @ellz_runs
    @sljjjembeca
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    @jugar

Thank you. I think my weight was 108kg last Sunday
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    I feel so guilty, I've been watching my neighbour for the past nearly two weeks shovelling off her part of the lake in order to make a rink and I haven't joined in and shoveled my part, or helped with hers for a number of reasons like that now that I have a day job, I no longer have mornings free to work on it during daylight, I've been visiting my parents two to three times a week in the evenings, and the last one is because this entire week coming is forecast to be above freezing every day so it will all be melted and gone within days. So I've been glancing over to her yard all week feeling nothing but guilt as I watch her work. She's 73 years old! She's still independent and fit and she's basically my health idol. I want to be her when I grow up! So now that the rain has started and the melting temperatures are here, will the guilt ease and I'll feel justified I didn't bother with a rink no one would have skated on, or will I still feel I abandoned a friend?
    This debate is all internal to me, I highly doubt my neighbour is upset with me in any way. She's retired and does the shoveling as something to do for entertainment and exercise. If the long-term forecast hadn't been for a complete melt, I would have found the time to get down there to help, but I used it as an excuse to stay in my warm house instead. After next week will be a different story! Once those daytime high temperatures drop back below freezing, I'll be out there daily getting that rink ready for winter visits.

Side note: I have a Garmin fitness tracker and it doesn't have exercise selections for Shoveling or Hockey so I have to pick skating or enter exercise into MFP manually. Do any Fitbits or other trackers you guys use have either of those activities as selections? I'm considering a change.
  • sljjjembeca
    sljjjembeca Posts: 40 Member
    Hi all, sorry I am so behind

PW 154 I think
    CW 156

So far it's holidays 100/ me 0. I can't seem to get a hold on life, I'm leaving by 4 am for work and getting home 930 or 10ish at night after hauling kids and watching games and performances.. blah blah blah. I love it but I am trying to figure out where I fit in? Do you ever feel like your watching your life instead of living it? Ugh 😫 gonna figure this out.
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    PW: 256.6
    CW: 255.8
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    It seems like everyone is getting into the swing of the holidays. I have not bought one gift or made one cookie. Hoping to change that today. My body is still mad at me for going back to work and staying up all night. I'm trying to stay positive but eating at 2am one day and 2pm the next has not helped the scale.

@jugar enjoy the visit with your daughter. A few extra pounds can be lost but memories will last forever!

@PlaneMonkey Don't feel guilty. Sometimes life gets in the way of old habits. Look forward to the rink in the future and know that it just wasn't meant for you to be out there shoveling snow the last few days. New jobs will always throw a monkey wrench in your plans.

@bonnie_red: I just finished my masters degree and can not even imagine the work that goes into a PhD thesis. You go girl! You got it...I know u will get it done and be elated when the process is over!

@EvMakesChanges Isn't it amazing the difference something as small as using a smaller plate makes. The visualization of a full plate satisfies me so much more than a half full bigger size plate with the same amount of food. Weird how our brains work.
  • ashleycarole86
    12/10 exercise:
    60 minutes Peloton + 7304 steps

I agree @PlaneMonkey - understand the guilt (I'd feel the same) but that just tells me you'll pitch in when you CAN. I'm sure your neighbor knows you and knows the kind of person you are but it doesn't stop the brain from rattling around those kinds of thoughts does it?

@sljjjembeca Sounds absolutely exhausting. And you too @kdblpn - this is a busy time of year regardless and the work schedules are certainly adding to it

Well, time to go find me some trouble for the day! Enjoy it everyone.
  • ashleycarole86
    gak71 wrote: »
    PW: 256.6
    CW: 255.8

Good job Gary!
This discussion has been closed.