WaistAways Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Steps and Exercise stats for last week:

5th Dec - 3045
    6th Dec - 4429 / 53 min Upper Body Complexes (Epic 2 Day 29)
    7th Dec - 4020 / 69 min Tempo Training & Isometric workout (Epic 2 Day 30)
    8th Dec - 1830 / 39 min Full Body HIIT (Epic 2 Day 31)
    9th Dec - 9281
    10th Dec - 4513 / 61 min Calves, Hamstrings, Glutes & Quads (Epic 2 Day 32)
    11th Dec - 7012
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Steps
    Sunday 5th - 3,229
    Monday 6th - 15,871
    Tuesday 7th - 5,874
    Wednesday 8th - 5,555
    Thursday 9th - 12,927
    Friday 10th - 10,484
    Saturday 11th - 11,302
  • YinxFed
    Options
    Happy Monday, Waistaways!

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to talk myself out of working out before I got out of bed this morning. In the end reason won out, and I worked out - glad I did! An hour doing chest and core trisets well spent. Now I am casting my eyes around the house looking for things to do to tidy up the house in preparation for my mother coming to stay. (I'm going to pick her up tomorrow)

Before my workout I went out to our front drive to cut back the most blatant weeds. (I'm a dreadful gardener!) Forcing the cut branches into our green refuse bin resulted in an accidental cut to my upper arm (hubby calls it the Attack of the Triffids!)

I have now officially broken up for Christmas 🎄 but because I work for myself, I might turn my laptop on for the odd hour or so. Suddenly feeling very festive!

Enjoy your day, Friends!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I could not get back on here last night - there were long and boring flight delays for my daughter, so I ended up sitting in the cell phone parking lot at the airport for 90 minutes (well wrapped up in my down jacket, and luckily it was not too cold), but the roads and skies were clear, we made it to my son's house by 11:30 or so, and ate sushi then! Talk about a late dinner. I made it home well after midnight with a lovely walk up my hill under the stars. Today will be tree cutting and decorating day!

I did manage to prove, yet again, that a badly planned food day is often a day of really poor eating choices. I knew we would eat dinner late and that it would be sushi, but then I used that information somehow to just snack all day before heading to the airport. I did not have enough water either, so this morning I am super thirsty! At least I got a lot of walking in. Today will be a well-planned eating day, hopefully. Whether I'll follow the plan to the letter is yet to be discovered :grimace:

@kdblpn Hope that the work schedule feels a bit easier this week. It's wild that you started right back in with 12 hour shifts - courage! Thanks for sharing your story about the children's wishes for food. It is heartbreaking, but also important to know that there are wonderful people like you and your boyfriend making things better for at least some of them.

@ashleycarole86 If it isn't too late - exercise for last week:
    Sunday - 7,209 + 15 Pilates, 45 bike
    Monday - 6,962 + 15 Pilates, 45 bike
    Tuesday - 11,757 + 30 Pilates, 45 bike
    Wednesday - 11,003
    Thursday - 10,473 + 45 bike
    Friday - 10,105
    Saturday - 8,448 + 45 bike

Monday people - don't forget!
    @kdblpn
    @tasoconnor
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    @jugar can I be excused from weigh-in this week? Have some family stuff going on and will likely need to travel away from my scale by tomorrow!
  • YinxFed
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    YinxFed wrote: »
    I have now officially broken up

As I was reading this my brain stopped there and got all worried that you had broken up with your OH!! Luckily, the rest of the sentence calmed me down considerably...

Ha ha - so is that just a British term then - breaking up? Meaning you have finished work (or school) for a holiday.

Isn't language a wonderful thing?

Yx
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Last few week 1 steps (Dec 5-11) I'm looking for:
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @micki48
    @kdblpn
    @sljjjembeca

Thanks all!

@PlaneMonkey That's a great achievement - something to celebrate for sure!
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    Sunday Dec 5: 1576
    Monday Dec 6: 11394
    Tuesday Dec 7: 5772
    Wednesday Dec 8: 3603
    Thursday Dec 9: 4295
    Friday Dec 10: 3097
    Saturday Dec 11: 4621

@jugar Was rushing out the door this morning and forgot to weigh myself. I will weigh in the morning.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar can I be excused from weigh-in this week? Have some family stuff going on and will likely need to travel away from my scale by tomorrow!

Hope everything is okay...

Exciting times to be done for the holidays @YinxFed and yes that's not a term I'd familiar with in those circumstances... your reason is MUCH more fun :)

@DD265 Glad the countdown is on... excited to hear from the teachers too on when their last day of classes are as well. I work till noon on the 24th this year and then I'm on call over the holidays which involves a few full work days as well so it's not my year to disconnect as much, but that's okay. I am taking the first few days of January off for a mini break when the rest of them are back where we'll go out to see my dad in Manitoba again. Looking forward to it!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed I definitely want to break up with work right now! @ashleycarole86 I work until the 16th and I will be off until January 3rd!

@kdblpn I work at a low income preschool and it is amazing how big of a need food is for so many. We have a team of a dozen family resource coordinators and a big portion of their role is sending food bags home with students every week. Glad you guys are able to help some kids out!

@jugar glad your daughter made it!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,037 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »

No problem!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @jugar Thanks for the thoughts about the Kentucky tornadoes. That is where my sister, BIL, and my niece (Amy and Rob, who used to be on our team) and nephew's families live. Mayfield is right next door. <<I started this the other day and my computer died. Just getting back to it now.>> My family is fine, but said it was the scariest weather they have ever had. Rob is a first responder and has been working to clear the roads. My sister was told it would be weeks before her power returned, but THANKFULLY, it was restored last night.

I haven't read through posts yet, so not sure what is going on with everyone. I wanted to post something since I've been missing a few days. It's just been busy here with checking in on family. Holiday preparations. I'm doing pretty well. I think I am overexposing myself to cookies and therefore don't want to eat them all. Don't get me wrong, I have had a few but not a crazy number of cookies like I have in the past. Once they are all done, I will be making up some gift bags to give to others. So much butter, sugar, and flour. But it is my favorite kind of chemistry! LOL

I have not been logging, but my eating has been ok. I've learned enough over the past few years to make reasonably good choices. My water is ok but could be better. Steps are meh! I've been getting my pilates done, but not my walks. Same thing happened last year in December. I have had a few walks though. We took Juliet to a neighborhood here in Greensboro that has these amazing light balls strung way up in the trees. It is other-worldly and magical. I'll post a photo. That's about the wrap up for me. I am hoping to get back to 196 or below before the end of the year. That would just mean year two of holding steady, but that's better than the gain I had. Then, January needs to get serious and I want to see myself below 185 in 2022. Oh one more tidbit, my daughter has another interview tomorrow for a job she is excited about that would involve moving, so who knows what will happen. 5lqs53qhh057.jpg
    w3a24cx9j60t.jpg
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 8,651
    Mon 14,191
    30 min intervals
    Tues 14,444
    Wed 12,814
    30 min intervals
    Thurs 14,913
    Fri 13,718
    Sat 9,068
    60 min intervals
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am really behind on everyone's posts.This might surprise you, but teaching Kindergarten in December is exhausting...

@jugar I hope you enjoy your time with your daughter.

@micki48 I love those light balls!!! I love holiday lights.

@conleywoods I am so jealous that you get out so soon!!!! We have to go until the 22nd this year!!!! I took off this Friday though. We are going to Colorado for the weekend to ride the Polar Express. I have never taken off in December
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods So sorry to hear about your sweet pup. That is a good long life and he was a lucky dog to have you.

@kdblpn Hungry kids is such a sad and unnecessary thing. Our area of NC is one of the worse in the country. So many kids without enough food. Sad indeed.

@ashleycarole86 Sorry I'm late with this.

Sunday 7520 - 11 minutes Pilates
    Monday 9583
    Tuesday 6951 - 13 minutes Pilates
    Wednesday 7352 - 17 minutes Pilates
    Thursday 8504 - 15 minutes Pilates
    Friday 7584 - 12 minutes Pilates
    Saturday 6683
This discussion has been closed.