Shape Shifters Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Happy Solistice- 1st Day of Winter although there is no snow in SE Wisconsin- BOO😥
    Today, we meet with genetics counselor for my husband's pancreatic cancer to see if our 2 boys will have markers for it as well.
    Dr. bills have started even though we met our deductible for this year, but we start over in January so that will be costing us.
    And of course, trying to get ready for Christmas.....

@LaurieWrobo I can only imagine all that you and your family are going through and still trying to make a happy holiday for your boys, while inside you must be devastated...my prayers are with you and I hope your Christmas is peace-filled. Medical bills are the worst...took me forever to pay off my part of the surgery bills from a few years ago...

How old are your boys?

I hope you guys have a great Christmas...
    Jessica
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo how did it go with the counselor? Sending good vibes for you and your family to find some peace and calm, if possible <3
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    kcpond
    Weigh-in Day - Wednesday
    PW - 247.4
    CW - 248.2
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @hipari I'm glad your appointment exceeded your expectations and that the therapist was able to give you some exercises for the pain you've been experiencing! Also, glad you got good news about the gym and your regiment plans! Sounds like the concert was lovely! I bet it was very festive!!

@CasandraW Very sorry for the loss of your little fur baby...sometimes things like that happen randomly and you have no other choices. I'm glad he didn't suffer...your heart will heal and when you're ready you'll find another little one who needs a loving home. **hugs**

@kcpond If you're like me, you were already mentally prepared this week of all weeks for a tiny gain. I'm sure you'll turn it around in no time. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, we'll both be going the right direction!! You got this!

@coblujay Nice loss this week! You're getting awfully close to Onederland!! Can't wait to celebrate with you!

I hope everyone is getting in the holiday spirit. Yesterday was a little tough for me...very emotional...this time of year is hard when both parents are gone...but I'm feeling better today. I hope today's mood continues...I'm off until Monday and am looking forward to some relaxing. Tomorrow I have 3 piano lessons to teach and then have to take Hazel to the vet for her annual exam and shots. She will NOT be happy...she hates being put in her carrier and going outside. Once we're back home, it shouldn't take me long to get back on her good list.

Have a wonderful Thursday and if you get the chance to do a random act of kindness, I challenge you to do so. You'll make someone's day and trust me, it will make yours too.

Jessica :smiley:

rlv78uoryjfw.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    l7bgcaha2vrc.jpg

Missing weigh ins this week (thru Wed):

@TheMrWobbly (2 wks)
    @suziieq56
    @peachplace (2 wks)
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @shnerb00 (2 wks)
    @wtbarunner
    @KittyInBoots17
    @angmarie28
    @Beka3695

Report in please...thanks!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8
    The weather in the Netherlands isn't usually that great. Frosty days like this are very rare, snowy days even more so. When we do have days like this, I always do my best to enjoy them as much as possible to get the most out of it. Yesterday was another amazing frosty day, but this morning most of it is gone again. Maybe I would also feel differently if I had this type of weather every day. I generally feel better in colder weather though. The only nice things about summer are the flowers and bees and butterflies, but the temperature makes me feel horrible and sun gives me headaches.
    Thank you so much for your kind post. :smile: I hope my plants will be okay too. I will keep you updated.
  • princessdimplz
    princessdimplz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 Hey, I would like to leave the challenge for now. How can I do this?
This discussion has been closed.