Mission Slimpossible Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 good to hear this news that surgery went well and our prayers are with you. Yeah you also take rest and take care of your health. I can imagine how tired and stressed you must be. Take care and lots of hugs to you 🤗🤗
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I hope your hubby has a restful night and is not in too much pain. Prayers for fast recovery time.

The new year has been difficult for me, it always is. My husband's birthday is tomorrow. I have planned and ordered ahead so all but 1 item arrived in time. I just finished wrapping his gifts and this morning I stopped and purchased a small vanilla cake with bright lime green frosting. That is a thing we do with bright color frostings. I was also able to pick up a nice birthday card at the Market. I think I will give him his stuff in the morning. I will put one candle on his cake so he can make a wish, he likes that even if he professes that he doesn't.

I have planned every day and stayed under my calorie budget. Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I don't think I lost very much, and I will be ok with that. Just so long as I'm not gaining. I need to start working on my closet I know I will feel better once it's done. After that I will tackle the front bedroom, we use for storage. I like to stock up on non-perishables and keep some on hand for when I'm not feeling well enough to shop. I'd like to organize some shelf space in there and keep the kitchen cabinets for a few things and dishes. I have a tendency to freak out when the market shelves are empty of my staple items. Having Rheumatoid Arthritis, Meniere's and Fibromyalgia means that I need to keep the stress down, but I also suffer from General Anxiety Disorder. It's a lot to manage.

Everybody has such great goals. I'm posting and reading all the posts in the 40 things to do in 2022.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 sounds like you are getting your place very secure, that has got to be a good feeling! Nice job on the workout and yoga challenge!!

@FutureTrophyWife welcome! I am like you and love cycling! Have you ever thought of taking a spin class? My daughter joined a new gym not too far from me and convinced me to come and join her at a spin class, I must admit I was a bit dubious. I have to say, I am hooked and just love it. I am 64 years old I love cycling during the summertime, spin just never occurred to me.

@roz0810 you’ve got this!

@trooworld so sorry that you’re still feeling crappy. Around here so many people are getting Covid, it seems to be the thing to do!

@gwamajtw91 You should be very proud of yourself for catching on to this right away instead of letting it run away from you! I want to be like you when I’m in maintenance!

@Cornanda so glad you’re feeling better!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Love your new mantra!

@TeresaW1020 thank you for posting, I know you have to be exhausted! So glad the surgery went well! That pizza sounds absolutely delicious and every bite is earned♥️!! Thanking of you both

@FushiaKat it sounds like you have a great plan for your husband‘s birthday tomorrow! Congratulations on staying under your calorie budget and all the planning that took to get you there, I’m sure it will be worth it!

It was a good day, did one of my favourite spin classes this morning, this instructor is just so upbeat and fun! Did agility with Vannie this afternoon, I will sleep well tonight! I am making sure to do accurate measuring and weighing, so my meals are taking longer to prepare LOL.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW. 194.2
    CW. 192.2
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind comments. It's going to be tough but it'll so be worth it!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @FutureTrophyWife Welcome to the gang! What kind of books do you like to read? Please don't be nervous about the challenge aspect of this group, I was a little worried about it at first but no one will get mad at you for having an off week or give you a hard time, it's truly a supportive group you can feel safe and supported in.

@roz0812 Welcome to the gang!

@3duffs As I said above with Lisa no one is going to get mad at you if you're struggling, you can count on this group to be supportive and encouraging, there's no put-downs going on here. The competition part of the group is more in fun so please don't feel pressured.

@trooworld I hope you feel better, I love your motto for the year!

@GabiV125 I hope you and your family has recovered, take good care.

@gwamajtw91 It's never over, is it, you think hitting goal and it's done but there's always something challenging that comes up. I know you'll get it off, you got this!

@Cornanda I hope your husband feels better and your kids dodge getting sick.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I drink coffee in the morning then in place of water herbal teas but I also like all types of tea. I just bought two really good ones from a barn sale, one's white chocolate peppermint and the other is cocoa, maple, and almond. Teavana's Earl Gray Cream is really good too. I also make kombucha which is fermented tea, my last batch was a black cinnamon tea. If we ever meet we can watch horror movies and drink tea!

@TeresaW1020 Praying for your husband, I hope he's not in too much pain, all the cancer is gone, and he's able to come home soon.

@FushiaKat It sounds like you're doing pretty good with all that's going on. I'm like you with pain and anxiety, they definitely feed off of each other. I hope your husband has a great birthday! I didn't start decluttering until after I lost weight but I have to say it makes a huge mental difference in having everything organized and things taken out of the house, I really think it's important when "taking charge" of life.

@laurelfit57 Sounds like you're getting a lot of exercise! I bet spin class is fun, I always wanted to do that.

Hi everyone! Final door is fixed. My Dad and I went to Panera (if you like sweetish soups I highly recommend the harvest autumn squash soup) then came back and since I usually pull into the garage with my car I hadn't noticed my ex-boyfriend ran into the house with the moving truck he rented and never said anything. I rent from my parents and it's not fair for them to pay for it (nor me which is why I'm so tempted to get revenge but I'm letting God and karma handle it) so that's something else to worry about, it's not really big just another reason to be glad I'll never see him again. Talked to some friends on the phone and had shrimp and Brussel sprouts for dinner- for those of you that shop at Trader Joe's their raspberry vinegar is really good on Brussel sprouts with olive oil and seasoning. I decided to just do one yoga challenge a day since I'm adding it onto my workouts, I can't feel most of my feet so balancing is pretty difficult and two half hours of yoga is way too much to be stumbling around. Have a great Tuesday gang!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the familiar faces and welcome to all the new ones. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

I'm Jackie. I'm 58 and I live in Ontario, Canada with my Hubby of 31 years. Our 27 yr old daughter lives 6hrs away and our 24 yr old son and his fiancé will be moving into their first house 10 min away at the end of this week making us empty nesters. Both kids are engaged and planning a double wedding as their fiances are siblings as well but Covid and house purchases have plans on hold for now

I've been part of this group for 3 yrs and I'm down 35lbs from my heaviest weight. I looked up last Jan weigh in and lost 0.4 lbs in 2021. While I’m happy I maintained I’m ready to get things moving again.

My phrase for 2022 is SMALL STEPS EVERYDAY

My plan for 2022 is to keep stepping towards my goals and see where I end up a year from now.

Best of luck to everyone in 2022

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I’m not a chocolate fan, but if it’s got maple and almond, I’d definitely give it a try! I’m not a kombucha fan either, but man oh man…black cinnamon? I’d try that, too. I read your response to Hunter and told her how fun it would be to watch horror while sipping tea and that it was too bad you’re in Cali. She reminded me that I have on my bucket list a Route 66 road trip. So…who knows?!? And man…good riddance to that ex of yours. Hitting the house and not saying anything. What a piece of work.

@TeresaW1020 – Thank you for the update. Still (obviously) praying for your husband and you. So glad he came through the surgery without complications.

@FushiaKat – I’m jelly of you…I can’t motivate to clean anything right now.

@Jactop – So excited for your double wedding! So adorable! And I like your 2022 mantra. Small Steps Everyday. That’s food for thought.

Well, everyone…here I sit, working from home. Hunter and I both have COVID. It’s hit her much harder since she also has Hashimoto’s. I’ve got a really bad cough going. I’m concentrating on eating citrus, bananas and bean soup. Thankful that I am set up to work from home so I don’t have to take sick days. I’ll be working from home for the week. I keep looking at my pile of dishes in the sink, wishing them clean. My dishwasher stopped working last week. I’m trying to figure it out. You don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone. First world problems. So here I sit, sipping on Lychee Peach tea with a few rock sugars dropped in for good measure. Staying hydrated. Getting better. I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and don’t forget to eat your veggies!

2022 mantra: MODERATION

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - thanks so much for the update yesterday! Glad to hear things went OK. Thought of you both and prayed for you yesterday and will keep it going. Hope today is good and not too much pain for him. Probably the other half of the town (that wasn't at the store with you) was at the Covid testing site lol.

@FushiaKat - great job with the birthday planning. I hope that you inspire me to start cleaning out some of my junk. :)

@laurelfit57 - yay you on being active and measuring and I hope that good night sleep came true!

@Katmary71 - Omg, I can't believe there had to be one more thing with the boyfriend. Jeepers! Oh well, yes, I can believe it. :(

@Jactop - so good to see you back. Nice loss! Love your phrase for the year.

Not much going on around here. I'm about ready to open my journal up and start evaluating and scribbling about what I want to do this year. I'm behind because my brain was definitely not normal last week. A few things I've already decided that I want to make happen:

1. Go to the next level with strength training- I do it now, but lightly and I'd like to take it up a notch or two. I'm going to need to make a more specific plan on what that means and how I will get there.
    2. take better care of my skin- check! I started doing that and I'm enjoying some results already.
    3. Keep my same phrase from last year: Do the work. This was based on something I read that stated that we will willingly put excellent effort into many things- work, family, etc. So why won't we admit that self care also takes effort and give it the same amount of effort?
    4. Husband and I decided to do a dry January. Then on 12/31, it seemed a bit scary. So we committed to doing at least the first two weeks of January. That is going fine right now.

Lisa
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW. 180.2
    CW. 178.8
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @Jactop and @FushiaKat huge congratulations on the loss!!

@Jactop That is so much fun that your kids will be having a joint wedding! Good for you for keeping the weight off for a year, during a pandemic, I think anything anybody does to stay healthy is a great thing! I love your phrase for the year

@Katmary71 2 1/2 hours of yoga a day, would definitely be a lot! I did a yoga challenge once about 10 years ago. I have been through treatment for hepatitis C for 11 months, wasn’t in the best shape coming out of it. I thought a yoga challenge would be good and did a hot yoga class every day for 30 days. By the end of the 30 days I couldn’t even lift my arms above my shoulders🤣

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am so sorry that you and Hunter are sick! Truly, such an inconvenient time for your dishwasher to break down😩. I hope this doesn’t last long for either one of you and that you were soon on the road to recovery!

@Cornanda I hope you are feeling better! I love the goals that you have written down for this year! I too I’m definitely upping the weight training this year.

It is another bitterly cold day here, with the windchill -42°. Our highest temperatures in the last week, was from Saturday night at 11 pm to Sunday morning it was -15. By 11 AM on Saturday morning, the temperature started to drop and bye 8 o’clock it was -32°. So our nicest weather voice when we were sleeping🤣.
    I am so over this cold weather, definitely relying on the gym to get any exercise in because going for walks is impossible. I started and you class at the gym today called Power Barbells. I absolutely loved it, I have a feeling I am not going to be moving much tomorrow🤣. I have lost almost 20 pounds in the last six months, at 64 years old my skin definitely doesn’t have the elasticity that it did before, so I definitely need to put on some muscle so I don’t look a big saggy mess - of course I want to be stronger as well, but there is some vanity there LOL
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Umm, should I be updating here every day?
    Today went fairly well, and he will be having cake soon. I did really well with squash noodles and shrimp. I budgeted to have 2 mini bags of Frosted Animal Cookies with my popcorn.
    I saw the Thyroid doctor today, I have nodules on both sides, we will recheck in 6 months, next appointment is October. While I was there, I stopped by next door and picked up some free samples of my arthritis medication to tide me over until my application for financial assistance is approved, if that happens, I can get a year of free medication. I should hopefully hear something by the end of next week. If not, my nurse said both of will call in. Ugh she is checking up on me once a week. AbbVie is a really good company.
    Tomorrow is loaded baked potato day again. Yum, can't wait!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee hey, is it possible to change my start weight please? I had to start over!
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Happy new year’s everyone. I have been absent for a bit during the holidays and have been neglecting my weigh ins. I guess it’s my way of putting my head in the sand. But I have committed today to start over. I gained 4 over the holidays and I have no one to blame but myself. Lol.

So introduce myself. I’m Tammy and I have been blessed to be a part of this group for a few months now and I find true inspiration on here. I’m 54 and have fought my weight most of my life. I love to croquet and work in my flower beds.

My weigh in day is Saturday
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Hi I have not been on in a while and I’d like to be again if that’s possible. The holidays were hectic as was most of December but I’m now able to participate again.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @fatfifties @Jactop @FushiaKat Congrats on the losses!

@Cornanda Thanks. I will. Sorry your hubby has COVID now. I'm glad you are feeling better. Oh that's a good tip about the soup, thanks.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love your 2022 mantra! I'm a coffee lover but when I'm sick, I like tea and coffee. ;) I'm so sorry about the COVID. I hope you guys have a mild case and get over it quickly.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so glad it went well. You poor gal, you must be exhausted! I love those French bread pizzas.

@FushiaKat Happy birthday to your hubby! You can update us however often works for you. Don't feel any pressure!

@laurelfit57 Thanks, it does seem like the thing to do lol. I'm glad you are keeping busy with good things. Gosh that's cold! Congrats on the 20 lbs down!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm glad your door is fixed. What a jerk, your ex.

@Jactop Love your phrase for 2022, welcome back!

@tammymccrady6278 Sorry about the gain. I'm glad you are back!

Hi all. I am still feeling crappy. I went to get a COVID test on Monday and even though we had an appt, they said they ran out of tests. That was a private company so this time when I made an appt, I made it with the county for today at 1. I hope there isn't a long line as I don't think I can stand up for that long lol. I'm going to take a folding chair with me, I think. No loss this week but no gain either. I'm okay with that. Usually, I'm eating all the comfort foods when I am sick. Not this time.

My phrase for the year: "I take no crap and eat no crap."
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 232.2
    CW: 232.2
    LTD: 15.8
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - so sorry to hear you and Hunter have Covid. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take it easy and be patient while it happens.

Does anyone else feel like Covid is just sprouting up everywhere?!

@laurelfit57 - I am feeling better. My husband is not feeling great and he is quite crabby! :p Gosh that is cold! And I used to live in Wisconsin. I admire you for venturing out to the gym in that nasty sort of weather!

@FushiaKat - nice loss. No need to post every day. Do what feels good. I like to try to read all the posts once a day whether I post or not. It keeps me in a good mind set. You do what's good for you.

@tammymccrady6278 - Welcome back. Good to see ya! 4 pounds over the holidays is really not bad at all.

@trooworld - I hope you get that darn test today, although it sure sounds like you have it. Not trying to be political, but it's sad that this is where we are at with testing after all this time. My husband didn't even bother because he's trying to save his energy to work when he feels decent rather than stand in line. Hope you start feeling better. Good job maintaining this week!

Not much to say here. My daughter's roommate got Covid yesterday- now she is exposed again. Just too crazy! I was hoping to start back with some exercise, but felt crappy on my walk yesterday, so I guess I'll wait a bit more. I was able to take a longer walk today and felt good. Still trying to get those Christmas decs packed up because I'm doing it at my own pace. Slow. And that's OK!

Lisa

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee
    Hi I have not been on in a while and I’d like to be again if that’s possible. The holidays were hectic as was most of December but I’m now able to participate again.

@tammymccrady6278 Sure! What should we use for the starting weight (what would have been last Saturday's weigh-in)?
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    roz0810 wrote: »
    @broncobuddee hey, is it possible to change my start weight please? I had to start over!

@roz0810 Sure... We have 262.8 for last Thursday. Let us know if that is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.