Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    ideas2 wrote: »
    ✅ Exercise: 13000+ steps of walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

@mshawski, @Juliexx00 I am totally with you all about the treadmill. I hate it. I have one and tried to get used to it, but recently realized that no matter how silly it probably looks, when it is cold outside I prefer walking little laps around the pool table in my basement (passing my darn treadmill every lap) than to use it. I realized just the other day that for me I need to be able to adjust the pace too frequently and to feel more in control of the pace-- that I need tiny little slow downs and occasional pauses that I just can´t do on the treadmill. On the treadmill I start to hurt, my hip and foot with arthritis and my muscles with lactic acid, far sooner. Probably should just get rid of the thing, except I am holding on to it just in case I ever feel up to running on it again.

Right?! I feel the same way about walking on the 'dreadmill'. (I'm no longer able to run. My knees just can't take it). What is it about the thing that is so stinkin boring! Lol. I can walk outside for hours.... but 20 mins on the treadmill seems like it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R! Ugh. I do like @LazyBlondeChef with reading a book - although I usually listen to one of my audiobooks from the library on my Libby app because music just doesn't cut it for me. I need something to get my mind OFF of the time... and music just doesn't do that. I did break down and do 20 mins on the thing yesterday tho.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Congradulations to the champions from last year - true dedication :-)

I'm a bit slow off the blocks but 2 passes and one hit so far. I'm hoping now I'm back at work everything will fal into place again :smile:
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Revlish wrote: »
    First time checking in! (do I need to count the 1st and 2nd as pass days since I'm' just starting?)

Logged everything
    Under calorie goal
    dance powered for 50 mins

woo woo!

@Revlish
    No, you do NOT need to count the first 2 days as Passes. In the description of the group it says: "This challenge is open to anyone until the 6th of the month", so I don't count the days before you joined us against you! ;) For people who join us after the 6th..... I try to make sure that they realize coming in that they won't qualify for the WC that month..... but it's always GREAT PRACTICE for the WC for next month, right @BMcC9 ?? <3

You got that right! AND it instills CHAMPION habits / routines / thinking while you practice ... even people who have 4+ passes usually end the month in a better place on Day 30 (or 31) than they were at on Day 1 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    1/03

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Happy New Year everyone! @ Mrs_Hoffer, Girlfriend you are such an inspiration! No matter what RL throws your way your here to cheer everyone on! Thank YOU AND ALL THE volunteers who are making our thread a success.

January goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging

• Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 718 Member
    Yes x 3
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,419 Member
    DebyS137 wrote: »

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-

@DebyS137 - I'm going to borrow your methodology for my own goal tracking in my text file. Love it! I hope you don't mind.
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Exercise: Yes! 60 minutes of Zumba
    Tracking: Yes
    W/in calorie budget: Yes

Happy New Year all!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,389 Member
    @enlightenme3... I am honored that you or anyone else would like to use my format

It has definitely helped to Keep me focused... Because Its a visual that shows if I went
    off Track (P = Pass day) Something visual I would see each time I posted... I have learned
    that Streaks help to keep me motivated

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    Exercise-yes
    Tracking and calories yes
  • Revlish
    Revlish Posts: 62 Member
    Exercise: Yes! 60 minutes of Zumba
    Tracking: Yes
    W/in calorie budget: Yes

Happy New Year all!

Love love love me some dancing. I was so glad to find that the gym from my old neighborhood was doing livestream and on demand dance fitness classess! Plus I got to try some new stuff, all from my living room. woot woot!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,259 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - 20 minutes of yoga.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No, slightly over.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass days used - 1/3 (Jan 3)

We had dinner at an aunt's house tonight, and while it wasn't a blowout, there were a few choices I could have made at the dinner and beforehand to help me not exceed my calories.

Just knowledge for these future situations :)

We learn everyday.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Tues Jan 3
    Exercise: 15 minutes MommaStrong, 20 minutes quick walk in the cold
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan - under
    Pass days so far: 1 (Jan 1)

Feeling good being back on track. It's always nice when I get back on track and lose a whole pound of water weight - very encouraging. Though it is annoying having to visit the bathroom constantly.

I am proud of myself for being a champion in Dec, and proud of all the champions. Checking in every morning is a very important part of my day.

I am really hoping to be a winner too this month, though.

This made me smile cos we all know that losing a pound feeling. Best feeling ever. Ha ha!!!!xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    DebyS137 wrote: »
    ~❄️~ 1 / 3 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ ☃️ ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 180+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 22,050+.......... 150 walking .........30 cleaning ....

we got our Covid boosters yesterday... shoulder sore & feel a bit sluggish
    so taking it a bit easier today ... doing my Sunday Walking/cleaning routing,
    a slower pace... Felt much better in afternoon... was able to get laundry done.

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-

Get well soon. The vaccine and boosters can really knock u around. Xo