WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    @happimess01
    Yes, Sam, there IS one weird ingredient in there. Chocolate. Peh. (OK, it's a genetic defect...)

@kellie_erin I hope you get home all right! That cold and snow with those Alberta winds = no fun driving. At least people stop to help you really, really fast if you have a problem! Hot beverage upon arrival home :smile:

I am really enjoying this new year whoosh into better practices - hope it lasts! How are you all doing on keeping the tasks you set for this week? If there are any that are not working, what can you change? I have one that is not working and I'm not quite sure what is holding me back, but this is a good time to either change tactics or figure out the block. If it is all going great, keep the pleasure of it front of mind and tell us all about it!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Habits I set for Jan were as follows:
    1) minimum 5K towards my 10K step goal to be done in actual steps
    2) core strength 1x/week
    3) yoga/stretching 4x/week
    4) push-ups every second day

So far, so good. I set these goals specifically to vary my exercise, but so far I've been away from home (and my Peloton), so all I have is this variety!
    So, got a good head start and I've done yoga three days in a row and I've done my core strength. The push-ups are done. And steps are easier to get here because I have less to do in general.
    A lot of the test is still ahead of me, but I'm focused on continuing when I get home!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow Rhonda @evangsimmons170 such a gorgeous wedding picture! And welcome back, we've missed you!
  • Waifer003
    Waifer003 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Rhonda @evangsimmons170 - I enjoyed the determination I read in your entry, and WOW - such a gorgeous wedding photo. I too received a health wake-up call this past year, and I hope to find the strength to deal with it head-on. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Oh my gosh the wedding looks beautiful 😍 Don't hesitate to post more pictures! Glad you were able to make the job change to home. Your to do list must be a lot shorter by now! Good luck on your health journey.

@ashleycarole86 You have done such a great job staying on track while away at your dad's 👏 It's so easy to let things slide when away from home. Not you! Awesome job.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Who's up for Wednesday weigh-in?

@PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

Who's late??? You know that isn't good during Capricorn season :grimace:
    @kdblpn
    @alexpufhal
    @Nancy52781
    @Kali225

Send me those beautiful numbers. This Capricorn will be happy :smiley:
    54fe3tuexd51.png
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Wow Rhonda @evangsimmons170 such a gorgeous wedding picture! And welcome back, we've missed you!

Thanks so much, @YinxFed :)
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Waifer003 wrote: »
    Rhonda @evangsimmons170 - I enjoyed the determination I read in your entry, and WOW - such a gorgeous wedding photo. I too received a health wake-up call this past year, and I hope to find the strength to deal with it head-on. Thanks for the inspiration.

Yesssss, @Waifer003, it shook me because this is the happiest I've been in years now that Jeff and I have remarried, and I want to grow super old with him! We have everything to live for! :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Oh my gosh the wedding looks beautiful 😍 Don't hesitate to post more pictures! Glad you were able to make the job change to home. Your to do list must be a lot shorter by now! Good luck on your health journey.

Oh my gosh, @conleywoods! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders; the stress was off the charts. Too bad that doesn't translate into losses on the scale because Lord knows I'd be down at least 50 pounds! LOLOL
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Congratulations @evangsimmons170 and a gorgeous photo <3

Thanks so much, @DD265 :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Beautiful wedding photo and such an inspiring intro. Welcome back, so glad to have you and looking forward to seeing you slay this year ahead!

That was my mantra leading up to the wedding: I didn't come to play; I came to slay! LOLOLOL
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 So glad to have you back and what a gorgeous bride you and and a lovely wedding party. Congratulations to you and Jeff. Sorry to hear of the scary health news but glad it’s got you moving in the right direction. I know you ca do this. Congratulations on the new job. Sounds like just what you were looking for. I second the post more photos comment. ❤️🤗👏🏼
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    I’m giving myself a little grace today. My steps are barely 6,000 but I’m tired. I did get my Pilates done. Had the busy grand all day. She doesn’t let me out if her sight. My daughter’s interview went great! We should hear something official very soon. I’ve logged most of my food. Ate a little bit of junk under stress.
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1/4 Steps: 4,353

I woke up sick today and didn't hit my step goal. Tomorrow I'm going to have to go back and catch up on all of the posts! Y'all have been busy the past couple of days, and I'm behind!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Today is off to a productive start so I'm happy. I've resolved an issue I thought we might need an electrician for which is always a bonus.

I managed to stay within my calorie goal yesterday; having had a yoghurt AND a banana AND a cereal bar in the morning (usually I'd have one of the three), I halved the bread quantity with my stew for tea and didn't put butter on it - was fine and I was still satiated afterwards. I was hungry when I woke up this morning so will do battle all over again today. The meal plan is roasted sweet potato and carrot soup for lunch, and lamb rogan josh for tea, both from the freezer.

Running after work with my friend and her co-worker. I'm always a little nervous about running with new people in case there's pressure to go faster or whatever, but I am sure she'll be more nervous and it sounds like she's only recently gotten back into running.

The biggest challenge I have at the moment is fitting everything into my calorie budget. It's not a small budget but the side dishes are adding up, which makes it harder to fit a snack in which makes me more likely to want to rebel. For example, I'll have bread with lunch (188cals), and naan (293cals) and rice (143cals) with tea - those add up to over a third of my daily calories. I think I will halve the portions of the sides and see whether I still feel full (like last night).

How do other people handle side dishes?
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Things are going well here. Feeling better, but didn't hit my step goal yesterday. I ended up working late.

I am a bit jealous of you all being able to exercise! Although since I can't bend over, I have become quite good at squats. 😆

I've been eating pretty good this week. The scale is happy with me, so cross your fingers I keep it up till Sunday.

Have a great day!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @happimess01 I am definitely going to try those brownies!

@evangsimmons170 welcome back! Congratulations on your wedding.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Welcome back. I know how much you love your workouts, but it is better to let your body heal after back surgery.

@micki48 I think your such an amazing mom and Grandma. Hopefully your daughter finds out soon to relieve your stress. Moving is stressful but it is a different kind of stress then not knowing.
This discussion has been closed.