WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw: 229.8
    Probably higher than my last weigh in but I'm also starting to workout more (legs are killing me today lol)
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit awesome! When I make them again (and i will), I'd use a little less erythritol because my protein powder is already a little sweet.

@jugar ahh too bad. I can find a vanilla or strawberry recipe for you if you want :)
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    1/4 Steps: 4,353

I woke up sick today and didn't hit my step goal. Tomorrow I'm going to have to go back and catch up on all of the posts! Y'all have been busy the past couple of days, and I'm behind!

I hope that you feel much better soon, @lonestarbabe!

Jenn
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    As for my career, I used to fix airplanes and now I'm a bureaucrat writing policy on how to fix airplanes. Biggest change for me is now I can work from home which adds 1.5 hours of free time to my day that I'm not commuting, but I no longer get as many steps in just from the nature of my job. Luckily the home reno schedule has kept me moving.

Hi, Courtney @PlaneMonkey! I also shifted to remote work and found that I do not get as many steps in or burn as many calories now. I made the move back in 2015 when I became a single mom. Working remotely helped me to manage my life! But now...to manage my weight...

Jenn

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the road.. travelling across the frozen prairie tundra back home today!

1/4 exercise:

6475 steps + 20 mins strength + 20 mins yoga

Overall my weight has dropped during my time away, so I'm happy with that. Back to normal routine tomorrow!

@DD265

The sides often make the meal for me. I do like to snack at night though, so I tend to reduce portions like you've described to allow me some calories for a snack. Just comes down to what is most satisfying overall for you. I realize having the sides would generally be more nutritious but that's something l can work on as I go. Right now I know not bingeing is most important so I just eat how I need to in order to avoid that.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Today was a wash, I don't think I slept at all last night, i couldn't get comfortable and I had hot/chill flashes constantly... I was just miserable... a slip and fall would be really bad for me at this point.
    Here's to a good nights sleep and a better tomorrow... 😴
    I had rotator cuff repair (left shoulder) in August and know what you mean about the sleep issues! One thing I found really helpful was listening to the guided meditations on the "Balance" App. There are several topics including pain, nap, sleep, back to sleep, etc. Check it out. It's free for the first year. I hope it helps you as much as it did me.

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods definitely worse around PMS time, though I am on contraception which minimises symptoms so sometimes I don't have the problem at all, and other times I don't realise what it is. I also experience more hunger after significant exercise which is to be expected if I'm going above and beyond my normal efforts.

@jugar for me the curry itself is the main, and the rice or naan go with it but together they make a complete meal. I probably need to look at alternatives like you suggest, though naan particularly is one of my 'vices' lol. You could argue that the Moroccan soup, which contains lamb, peppers, chickpeas and rice amongst other things, doesn't need bread dunking in it, but then I deliberately portioned it for 6 rather than 4 to have with bread. Some of the others are 'plainer' and benefit from something either dunked in, or adding crunch like croutons which I haven't made in a while, but again I portioned them small this time. I did go through a phase of putting mixed seeds in soup, so I could try that again.

One thing I have done the past few days is have part of my lunch as an afternoon snack instead - i.e. the fruit or crisps are saved for later. If I'm still having hunger issues next week (it's usually only a couple of days) I may need to reassess.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    @Waifer003 that is such a drag! It really does feel endless, but it must be really tough when someone close tests positive. So far my family has been fine, but the way things are going in Québec right now, I'm not sure if that will continue. My son works every day, and even though he does not live with us, we see him at least once a week. Wishing you calm and that it is not too serious for any of you.

I spent a couple of hours at the dentist today - not serious, but LONG. I'm not too motivated to get all the things done, but hopefully will have at least a small session on the exercise bike shortly.

Who's up for Thursday?
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

Who is still due today?
    @MoStacy
    @MandiSaysHey

Who is late?
    2mgsh9won8be.png

@kdblpn
    @alexpufhal
    @Nancy52781
    @Kali225

Hope you're all still with us! No worries if you're late - just as long as you weigh in this week!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Nancy52781 wrote: »
    Hi @jugar.. still here :) although I’m quiet in the background I’m here reading post everyday for encouragement!! I would like to weigh in on Saturdays. I had originally wrote Tuesday because I was going to start my diet on the same day I went back to work Jan 4th but gave myself a kick in the but and started on the 1st!!

Perfect! Saturday it is. Just so you know - that is the only day you cannot be late - I do the team tallies bright and early on Sundays :smiley: I'm also glad to know that you are here reading. It's a good thing to have all those voices in your head sometimes. I hope you'll let us know about the good, the bad, the annoying as time goes by. It all helps.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Hope you get your results soon and are COVID free.

@Waifer003 So sorry to hear about your son. That certainly is stressful for a momma. Hope his symptoms are mild and you stay negative.

@jugar Here’s hoping your son (and all of you) stay negative. This is crazy. So many cases.

My nose has been running all day. Lots of sneezing and right now my throat is a bit sore. I hope it’s just dry and needs water. I highly doubt it’s COVID. I haven’t been anywhere. Like literally.

All my food is logged, 15 minutes of Pilates done. Self care was a call to a dear friend of mine. It was so nice to talk to her. My steps are still low today.

I love reading all the posts today. 🙂
  • lonestarbabe
    lonestarbabe Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1/5 Steps: 4282
This discussion has been closed.