Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Mom and I are in house. Internet back on. Lots of paperwork and e-mail to catch up on so I'll find time another day to report how it's gone
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,606 Member
    @dkhudson56 YAY! So happy to "see" you!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,732 Member
    @dkhudson56 ,, WOOHOO I SMILED SO HARD when I read this!! WTG!! Oh cool!! FINALLY!! Now you can both start to settle into a newer routine, and RELAX more so!! SO HAPPY I could dance for you!!!

9obrh9l622eh.png
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,083 Member
    It's 13 feels like -2 with a high of 19 and snow to end around 10AM CST. Axe Sharpening: Sit. Reflect. Dream. Think. Plan. Execute. Repeat.~~~Stacey Erving Jr. 1st Phorm Elite Athlete Happy or Somber 1 year since the Insurrection at the US Capital in Washington DC. Fitness quote for today: You're not here to impress anybody. JUST DO YOU~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Your energy is valuable, spend it on what you want to grow.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 11,429 steps yesterday. Today's training plan at home is: 50-40-30-20-10 for time after the 1st Phorm Thursday's Live Stream from the app.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,983 Member
    Diane: I have been retired for 3 years. It snowed here on Monday we got 12 inches of snow. Just now got the power back after not having it since Monday.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,452 Member
    @Retired_Sue -Aw sorry about your piano player. We haven’t heard anything about book club yet but that is normal. When they tried virtual, it was a flop. But I have Facebook book groups which are nice.
    @wallahalla -yup that snow blower meme is truth! The more snow we get, harder to figure out where to put it.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -lol thx! Yup calories are leaving as heartbeat gets faster! My new Fitbit shows heartbeat -it’s fun to look at while exercising, vs walking the dog, vs hanging on the couch.
  • bookieNJ
    Hi ya everyone! Walked the dog this morning, then went to the gym-while trying to catch up on mfp, hubby asked me to drop off some paperwork. Not fun to park on main st so I parked a few blocks away then walked the rest. We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow starting at 10pm. Hoping my library books get to the library today! They have been en route for almost 2 weeks. I am sure COVID is not helping this
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    1apbfs4ef6z5.jpg
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,491 Member
    @hicim705 - i hope that you find your missing members. We just have one still not on board and I think she's completely new to the challenges and MFP. Hopefully she'll find us.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I forgot to mention that I'm glad your foot wasn't broken. I hope that it's feeling better. One can get in a lot of walking just around a building and it's warmer than being outside!

@bookieNJ - Our pianist was, I thought, going to a rehab facility but I haven't heard from her in 3 weeks so I don't know how she's doing. I wish that she's contact me because I have no idea whether or not she's at the facility or at home. Our book club will just wait until we can meet in person.

@Patti241 - So sorry that you were without power after getting that much snow! Glad that you have it restored again. Its' been tough in some areas with storms and long power outagaes.

@CSEGUIN2 - We had some wind but our temps weren't too bad yesterday although they did drop last night. We're at -6C today but it doesn't seem to be windy and we have had sunshine. The wind can really make it feel much colder this time of year.

We had some snow late yesterday but not too much - only about 3 inches. Weather these days doesn't make too much difference to me as I have no where to go with so much being locked down or limited in our province right now. This is pretty much what I expected when we came home after Christmas - that we wouldn't be going anywhere unless we had to go out.
    Most of the re-decorating is done - just a couple of minor details that we need to look after. Hubby did most of it which was fine with me. I might still re-arrange a couple of things as we did switch a couple of things around.

Have a great day!

• dkhudson56
    dkhudson56 Posts: 670 Member
    Afternoon everyone. Actually took exercise break today. After all the unpacking I woke with bad headache/backache and had to take a nap. Mom not as cantankerous today which allowed me to. Did intend to get back on my eating plan but was too nauseous so haven't really eaten or drank my water.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited January 2022
    @Patti241 ,,, CONGRATS on being retired!!! It's fun having the day to do as we wish!! Though I'd LOVE to be doing a very part time job cause LOL working with the public is just so funny!! Some people are so strange and make GREAT stories, other people you do a little extra, and it makes their day!! Oh it's FUN!! WOW 12"s !! That was what we would get ALL the time, not lately. Now it's getting to be a little out of the norm. Tomorrow 3 to 6, which is better than none. SO SORRY though YO you lost your electricity!! That's never good when it's so cold out. WB!
    @Bookienj ,, Is the new watch one with the ECG? My fitbit and my FAKE WATCH (LOL I prefer my FAKE,, Aka off name watch) show my heart rate. Interesting to see how high it can go when just sitting doing nothing and to the other way when resting to have it dive down to the high 40s. Glad you have the FB book group! Did you make it to the library okay? Ohhhhh the Covid thing is wrecking havoc on so many plans.
    @wallahalla , HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh that's funny!! Living in a state where there are as many if not more bears than people! WELL maybe,, not quite. Okay I HAD to look it up,, Maine people population is 1.4 million ,, Bear population is 35,, so almost 1 bear to 3 humans. LOL I knew it was high. Though most of the humans live in the Southern end, more of the bears of course are just outside of the cities. The southern end is more human populated though clearly, easily there are bears down around here. LOL Then I became curious about MOOSE!! I didn't realize Maine has the most moose, I knew of course it's high. It's 70,000.
    @DLBEASYRIDER ,, So pretty!!! Where were/are you? Looks like summer time around here. Of course salt marshes are all over the place. Prettiest one I've seen though was in CT!! Someday I want to go back down there!! WOW it was nice!! CONGRATS on the exercise!! YO 9 miles!
    @Retired_Sue ,, so sorry about the group and singing. WHO'D OF THOUGHT 2 years ago this would be STILL be going on??? Well not quite 2 years, but in March it will be!! I think 2 years ago we were both on the Awesome A team? And what a TEAM WE WERE!! WOOHOO!! I love seeing you as a CL!! You do amazing!! FLIP SIDE of all this still going on? We have more computer time. With the walking,, that's out for the most part for quite awhile, with the ulcer being on the bottom of my foot,,, which is pretty deep,, enough details there! YO! Yeah even I hate seeing it. BUT I am still able to do things for various types of exercise, and SO WOOHOO I am sure our teams will both be quite busy,, as will all 8 teams.
    @dkhudson56 Oh it has to be such a HUGE RELIEF to be in your own place with your Mom now!! SO HAPPY it's done!! Sorry about the pain. Hopefully your body would feel better soon. Rest days are necessary especially in a flare!! Or a new pain. I am not sure if you have chronic back issues, headaches, or if it's fairly new, but either way ABSOLUTELY take care of that. Hope you can tiny amounts of food, and of course at least sip ,, even barely sips of water so you do not become dehydrated. NO One ever wants to end up in the ER, and especially not now. I was watching a video of a nurse with quite the sense of humor ,, on youtube and LOL Even some frequent flyers aren't going in, so it HAS to be bad with covid!! He does make me laugh and laugh,,,,

ARE YOU ALL EXCITED???? IN JUST OVER a day we'll be all be on our planes!!!
    um2lxj9o8as4.png
  • Patti241
    Retired Sue: Thanks. Yeah this storm was nasty.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,660 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Freezing, windy and snow flurries. Got my workouts done early and ended up having a short nap before going to Mom's to help Son with EI Application. That took longer than planned so had lunch ordered from Tim Hortons. When I got there I checked the status of my studies delivery. It was delivered a day early! Had Hubby grab it before it went missing. So excited to get started on it tomorrow morning. Hubby decided when I got home that he wanted to order dinner out. There went a perfectly healthy planned meal moved to Saturday.

Love from Connie
  • Patti241
    Diane: We got our power back yesterday. It was scary for the first day. Luckily our neighbor was kind enough to share his generator with us. He had one spot left on it so we were able to use it for the rest of the time.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,083 Member
    It's 11 with a high of 33 for today. Axe Sharpening: Your results come from what you apply. Not from what you know.~~~Jicky Li 1st Phorm Advisor Happy National Old Rock Day!!! Today is a perfect opportunity to learn something about fossils and other old rocks. Fitness quote for today: We're all busy but it's not an excuse to sacrifice your health and fitness.~~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: Know that all things get better when you give yourself time and patience.~~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 12,651 steps yesterday. Today's training plan at home is: 20 min AMRAP after the 1st Phorm app Live Stream this morning.
  • bookieNJ
    @Retired_Sue -Aw I hope you hear from her soon!
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -yup new Fitbit is one with heart rate thing.right now it says my heart rate is between 59-60 sitting in a chair so I will take it. Yup made it to the library! 2 of the 4 books made it. Hoping the third comes in today (though between the 2-4 inches of snow and library closing at 5 on Fridays) it’s not looking too good.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Patti241 ,,, OH SWEET neighbor!! That was so kind. Just makes one smile.
    @Cseguin2 ,, Connie cool that your material came a day early!! I ordered an AC (LOL I live in Maine, and it's SNOWING!! AND I ORDERED AN AC???
    3dxbqcwcc0g1.jpg
    I ordered the AC to save $100 dollars. WOOHOO!!! It also came in a day early! Maybe they hired so many helpers/drivers things for a bit can be on time and or early!! Hey have FUN learning!! Until the day we can't breathe, we should always keep on learning new things. Great job helping your friend. Ahhh hopefully that planned on meal will be soon.
    @DLBEASYRIDER ,, Dave that looks like such a peaceful area, with A LOT to do!!! NC is nice. A friend has family in the Cooleemee area. It's been awhile since we've driven down there. Went to in 2020 and the car broke down in MA. Now we have a much better one, I wanted to drive down this past Fall, but didn't really feel well enough. NC is so pretty. LOL better temps to, but NOT ENOUGH SNOW!! LOL!! Glad you enjoyed the giggle!! LOLOL Newbies to snow are always a giggle for us. Nice memories of your Dad!! GREAT area for walking!!! I love the ocean, and live on it,, well the harbor. Glad you can easily get there.
    @Bookienj,,, Its kinda cool and maybe a little freaky to at first see your heart rate upon pressing a button, but once you get used to your numbers, it's neat. When you are working out and press the button and see it at over 120 to 140 or more (???) it lets you know you're burning them calories UP!! I think of the burning up of calories as Pac Man eating the dots!! LOL BYE BYE CALORIES!! GAME OVER!! LOL Glad you got 2 of the books, and maybe today another one. So far we are just over 5"s likely end up with about 6 ish or so. LOVING THAT!! How much did you get?
    bycdwy4zudd9.png