Shape Shifters Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Thanks again for the lovely compliments! :smiley:
    I believe restaurants can decide here if they want to offer pick up or delivery services. But for a lot of them it is not worth doing so because they will still run at a loss. The only thing I can order in my town is pizza. I don't think my mom is a huge fan of fatty pizza, so I doubt we will decide to do that.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Happy Friday to all!!!

I just want to say that I am really enjoying my lack of appetite. I keep thinking about what I posted I believe yesterday -- that this is how NORMAL people feel. You eat when you are hungry, not when you are bored, mad, sad, lonely, happy, tired, celebrating... the list goes on and on. I have been eating due to necessity, not due to cravings. Dinner for the last several days has been meh - I could eat, or I could skip. I have eaten bc I know my body needs fuel to run and continue getting well. I have also found it so much easier to stop and to not overeat. I wonder if this is partially due to my limited sense of taste and smell? It is not completely gone, but diminished.

SAD WORDS FROM A FOOD ADDICT:

I would gladly keep the diminished sense of smell and taste if my appetite would stay this limited.
  • Marni3369
    Marni3369 Posts: 54 Member
    Marni3369

PW: 236.6
    CW: 235
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    Step goal: 6,000 daily
    Sun 1/2: 7,208
    Mon 1/3: 9,581
    Tue 1/4: 9,226
    Wed 1/5: 7,707
    Thu 1/6: 13,651
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    1/5: 11,379
    1/6: 11,541
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Hello to you all hope we have a great weekend
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Whew, this was a day. It started out amazing, as husband decided to watch the baby and let me sleep in after a rough night with her. I went on a long walk with two other moms and their babies, the weather was gorgeously sunny although it was cold. Then all hell broke loose, my other breastpump suddenly stopped working and the store I bought it from didn’t have any in stock to get an easy replacement. I use it 6-7 times per day every single day, and my daughter’s food depends on it. I explained this to the customer service clerk online, that I need an answer and plan immediately, but her ”our team will get back to you this afternoon” still hasn’t happened. In the end I decided to just get a new one from a different store where I could pick it up immediately, and fight the original store for a full refund later.

The trip to pick up the pump became more expensive, as I ended up buying the Apple Watch while I was out. After finally returning home, I’ve been tinkering with it and learning about the different features. I still haven’t figured it all out, but it’s a learning curve.

Fitness action of the day: a sunny 1-hour walk with the stroller and other moms

Home improvement action of the day: barely keeping up with regular chores on top of the pump replacement hassle.

Plan for tomorrow: finally taking down the Christmas tree. A friend is coming over tomorrow, and I’m planning to walk with her to the subway station when she leaves, so that will be a nice little walk to my day.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 256 Member
    Yukie_OP @jessicakrall8 I think i had previously updated weigh-in day to Saturdays *If not, can you please update and I'll report in tomorrow (Saturday).

1/3 - 3833
    1/4 - 3582
    1/5 - 6846
    1/6 - 4292

*Slow start to getting back into my groove - but I'm enjoying my lunch walks again. Early in the week had a bit of a Covid scare * a co-worker got sick and tested positive, so all the talk at work around it was messing with me (bad tension headaches) - and i thought i was experiencing symptoms (the mind does funny things to you). But been feeling better as of yesterday (negative test via an at home rapid test).

Today I ordered a mini-stepper (on Amazon) that I'm thinking to bring into work to utilize (I have a standing desk also). I read that just a few min a day is a good workout and increases step-count. hopefully its not too loud or distracting. Anyone else familiar with such a thing or utilizes something similar for their desk job?
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,307 Member
    I apologize for the late check-in this week. Here’s my maintenance report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 125.8
    CW: 126.4

SW: 168
    LTD: 41.6
    Maintenance goal range: 120-130

I’m still experiencing incremental gains but we enjoyed our family trip to Hawaii and I’m gradually settling back into a new routine. Let’s hope things improve soon!

@KHill875 - My condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I’m sure it was a comfort to your grandmother to have you and your daughter there.

@Beka3695 and @justanotherloser007 - Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well.

@hipari - You had an active day! I’m glad you were able to find a replacement pump after dealing with delays!

@Yukie_OP - I’ve never used the pedal machine but it sounds interesting. Please let us know if you like it.

@cre804 - I love the reset idea!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!
  • Pupowl
    edited January 2022
    Friday, January 07

Exercise: no
    Steps: 13.369 / 12.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning Shape Shifters. A productive Friday for me, though I had a slow start. I had to wait for a package in the morning before getting some groceries. I was feeling pretty tired and headachey so I didn't start cleaning until like 14:00. Got some laundry done as well. I will clean the rest of the house tomorrow since I don't have time today. I am meeting a new friend for a walk in the National Park.

When I was out with my cat Tinus later during the day, I saw a bird of prey in someone elses garden. It was pretty far away and I didn't expect it stay put long enough for me to run back home to get my camera, so I just watched it. When Tinus felt like going back home, I decided to go back with my camera anyway and it was still there enjoying its meal so I managed to get some pictures. I will put them under the spoiler as usual. Just a note though; it is a Eurasian Sparrowhawk eating another bird. The pictures aren't graphic, but you can see some feathers. So if this bothers you, please don't click the spoiler. Happy Saturday everyone and remember to take it one day at a time <3

Z4cfdoG.png
    BWeTVD4.png
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 195.3
    CW: 195.3
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 135
    CW 136
    Steps
    1/2 8,497
    1/3 7,210
    1/4 9,592
    1/5 4,525
    1/6 13,898
    1/7 4,394
    Not pleased I've gained again but hey ho I will just have to work harder.
    Happy Saturday,hope everyone has a great weekend !
    @KHILL875 sorry for your loss,glad you could get to the funeral & support your grandmother.
    @PatriceFitnessPal glad you enjoyed your holiday in Hawaii,its hard to stick to calorie goals on holiday.
    @cre804 I still have lots of Christmas treats in the house.Im seriously thinking of putting them in the bin so I don’t keep eating them !! Thanks for the reminder set tips,I will give that a try.
    @Pupowl Glad you are still getting out for walks with Tinus despite the bad weather.Great that you've found a new friend for company as well.Your photos as always are amazing.Lucky that you captured the bird of prey.
    @justanotherloser007 hope you feel better soon & get back with us.
This discussion has been closed.