Downsizers Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I walked outside with a friend!
  • KittyLady2
    KittyLady2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, What are those badges you mentioned?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018, What are those badges you mentioned?

They are from my Apple Watch.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5qgyw6vbc2rw.png

Here is my friendly reminder of the people's steps I need ...Please have them in by no later than Tuesday evening 1/11/22 ...Thank you for your cooperation :)

@tahm42 1/2-1/8
    @MeowScout - 1/7 & 1/8
    @littleflutterby - 1/8
    @Lessennan 1/7 & 1/8

8/1- 6106 (could you tell it was a rest day? haha)

and to start off the week too

9/1- 12, 501

still working on today's so will update tomorrow :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Hey all! I'm just about to get ready for bed so thought I would pop in to do an update ahead of tomorrow's weigh in!

It's been an insane week at work- 17 people in our store either have tested positive or are isolating because of symptoms.... or are unvaccinated and have to isolate anyway. So the rest of us have been picking up the workload. I usually work 3 days with 1 closing shift. The last 8 days I've worked 5 days and 4 of those closes. It's been super stressful to say the least and my body is sooooooooo mad at me.

I have stayed within my calories every day, and done a lot more walking than usual. My scales are showing like a 2lb gain. I am mad to say the least. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised in the morning but I doubt it lol. I'm putting it down to the fact that everything hurts and I have probably gained some water weight. It literally couldn't be anything else.

I am looking at the bingo card so I'm going to tick some boxes now

NSV- even though I have lost nothing in the last 12 months (literally) I took out my winter coat. 2 years ago I was wearing a 4xl and even though it's tight, I zipped up the same coat but in a 1xl! I am over the moon! So there has been some progress from Winter 2019 at least!

I am going to make cottage pie again this week- I will try and remember to post the recipe! I absolutely loved it last time.... i hope I don't forget how I made it!

I'll be sure to eat my breakfast mindfully by the window tomorrow- but not outside. Right now it's -20c windchill so sadly I won't be able to eat it outside haha.

3 Positive things about myself
    * I have a wicked sense of humour
    * I am approachable
    * I am a tryer! I may not get things perfect every time but I am determined to give things a go

The motivational quote I've been going with lately is from a tiktoker called GrandmaGreat. I absolutely adore her and she does a lot of positivity. I was in her live once, having a particularly tough time of it and she said "remember, if things are hard and you keep falling down, just tell yourself 'I'm going to try one more time' " and that's what I'm doing. Whenever things aren't perfect (like an expected gain tomorrow) that doesn't mean I can binge for a month. I'm just going to try one more time, this time!

And finally for this post- my goal for the week

I am going to commit to my 6k steps every day. I am off thurs-saturday because I'm getting my booster on Weds... and wanted to plan ahead. So I have excuses to just sit and chill. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and let me safely go for a walk. If not- I'll get going on that dance party- and break out the wii fit!

Ok I really need to take my meds and get ready for bed. I need a good sleep tonight!

Be safe all- will post again in the morning <3
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    tvx8091nq9bm.jpg

got a line, determined to get a full house somehow!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good late night everyone. Just a quick check in.
    Check in for 1/10:
    Steps - 8025. Plus 22 min bike moderate effort. Got my pulse to 140.
    Calories- I got logged 1735 but some late evening snacking probably gave me about 100 more. Mainly m&m.
    Exercise - gym in morning. 10 machines and 22 min bike. 1.5 mile walk in the afternoon trying to find a newspaper. No luck.

Goodnight everyone.
  • peng123
    Options
    @littleflutterby Congrats on your Bingo line! It sounds like you are going to finish it really quickly! Also - hurray for your winter coat - that's a huge NSV!!

@rwood566 You are so consistent with your calorie counting and exercise - so impressive!

@jimboden3 Your post cracked me up!! That scale is clearly not getting the message - probably a good idea to move it down to your exercise room!!

@MeowScout We all need recovery days - good for you for making adjustments where needed and sticking with your goals!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Animals are expensive - but so worth it!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Monday 13522 👍
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    tvx8091nq9bm.jpg

got a line, determined to get a full house somehow!

This looks like fun. Can I play? Did I miss a post? Thanks
  • peng123
    Options
    Week 2 Bingo Challenge
    Who will get a line first! Full card! Challenge starts today.

0mafl1expxck.jpeg

Last time we did this some people printed their card for easy marking.

@tslose You can definitely play! Here you go!!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 1/10
    Step count 8767
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    GMgetsfit wrote: »
    @peng123 Thank you. I was so excited to see that number
    @mari_moulin don't beat yourself up. just keep moving forward you got this

I have really enjoyed reading the post and the upcoming bingo challenge looks like a lot of fun. Unfortunately I need to leave the group. For personal reasons. I pray everyone will have a great month. Thank you to the creators and all the leaders for such a great group take care.

I can move you to the support team if you think you might like to rejoin in the next month or two. Are you ok with that?
  • peng123
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

1/10:
    Calories: 1,132
    Exercise: 80 minutes elliptical - 30 minutes strength and stretching classes
    Steps: 11,951

I hope you all have a great day!!
This discussion has been closed.