Buzz Around the Airport Lounge - Chat

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,495 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -Aw sorry about the serious clean out! Hope covid settles down and you get back to normal.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 10,829 Member
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - You did have a busy and active day with all the cleaning going on. Sounds like a good plan to let people plan their own events as long as there's no conflict with another event which I'm sure there won't be. We did see a good chunk of that Broncos / Chiefs game - not sure when hubby switched the channel - maybe just before half time. Always good when games go down to the wire. We're watching the Vikings/Bears at the moment - I'm sure there are other games available to watch. We are also in for snow, snow snow!!! It was looking rather nasty out there just a few minutes ago but has slowed down for now. However we are supposed to get snow squalls from now until sometime tomorrow afternoon along with much chillier temperatures. In other words - January weather for us! We can stay snug inside until we have to go for out boosters early on Tuesday evening. Got my access to the landing sheets earlier today so all is good!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 11,952 Member
    @Patti241 ,, HI BACK!!! Hope today was nice!
    @Macrat12 ,,,, It'll be fun to see how far KC can go. LOL Makes Randy so happy, which is nice. I'm now watching of course NE and Mia,,, we'll see how this turns out. We'll be in no matter what.
    @HealthyBarb1 ,,, WOOHOO INDEED!!! May we ALL DO AMAZINGLY!!! One day at a time. WE CAN DO THIS!!
    @Bookienj,,, Oh the closet needed to be cleaned out so badly. We cleaned out the closet because our council is back up and running. I WANTED to wait til Covid calmed down, but we didn't get to do that. Grrrr!! Of course we are though not starting up many events yet. LOL Since I'm the president, I just reword things so they see the benefit of waiting, if they so choose, and most did. With the exception of 2 events one of which I never ever attend and the other one is a drop by and leave so there's no standing around and chit chatting. Plus I am the cook on that one, so I am off way way to the side. Being a 55 plus I much rather we err WAY on the side of caution. Hope you got to read something you absolutely LOVED today!! And that perhaps the sun even shined?
    @Retired_Sue ,,, Love it when the games are close (Unless it's the Pats then of course like last Sunday when it was 50 to 10 LOLOL I SMILED ALL GAME LONG). Today so far, not hardly yet, but we'll see the ending. Brrrr Sue on Tuesday our HIGH will be 8 F (-13 C) with a low of 2 F (-16) those are of course without the wind chill. I slept quite well last night after all I did yesterday!!! Today I want to get in more exercise and I WILL. My foot is healing well. I am actually very surprised it's healing as well as it is. Normally I don't have the circulation, but NOT complaining. I am so pleased!!
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been very productive! The snow is almost gone 😒 even with how cold it is out. Finished reading chapter 1 in my studies. Answered the questions, and took the quiz at the end to see how much I knew. 50% is not great but at least I know I need to study more even if I think I know it lol. Still have online material to look at so that might be the other secret. Raiders are playing tonight so I know I won't get much of anything done tonight other than maybe some crafting.
  • Retired_Sue
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - That's about the same temps as we'll be having - minus the wind chill. Snow tapered off just after I posted of course but it's supposed to return overnight. It just took a little detour north to whiten up some other areas!
  • wallahalla
    wallahalla Posts: 1,781 Member
    zod1hgc844us.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Right now the Raiders ,,, JUST SOCRED in the end of the 2nd with 37 seconds!! WOOHOO Looks like a FUN GAME!!! The Pats lost, but we knew we COULD and it did not take us out of the playoff. So I KNOW Right now you are SMILING!!
    @Retired_Sue,,, LOL SEND IT HERAH!!
    @wallahalla ,, HAHAHAHA ENJOY THE BURN!!! Okay story time!!! I moved to CO with a woman I considered like a D. She has 2 kids, they were mid teens. Our landlord was Spanish. So our landlord come over, with a meal. It was so hot! But the also made a dish of only jalapeno's with a few spices. So Kim (Like a D) dared me to a tablespoon of it, YO!! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED, but I HATE hot stuff. So I ate it,, and I was simply DYING!! So I had Kim eat hers,, NOT A BLINK!! She declared it as "not even hot." So I made her prove it with 2 MORE TABLESPOONS!!! NOT A BLINK AGAIN!! HUH?????
    Next day: Her hubby said "HAHAHAHA Kims been in the bathroom and butt is ON FIRE!! It took ALL she could yesterday for her NOT TO SCREAM, but she wanted to WIN so badly!!!" I STILL LAUGH TO THIS DAY!!!
  • wallahalla
    @Dianedoessmiles1 That is too funny. I have a friend just like that. I do like hot foods. When I make chili, or Mexican food, we just set a box of Kleenex on the table with us. Our son does not like hot, so listening him tell stories about hot family meals is hilarious. I have no desire to try to outdo anyone else though. I know my limits.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    @wallahalla ,, HAHAHAHA Your S and I COULD TELL MANY no doubt, in quite the antics of being acted out at THAT!! LOL We'd have so much if he has your sense of humor!! Sounds like he sure does!! LOLOL

***** I'll be away from the chat for a few days. I am having cataract surgery at 9:30. WOOHOO When I come back I'll be seeing BETTER THAN I EVER HAVE!! So you all had better BEHAVE Or else invite myself and @Wallahalla because you can tell we LOVE THAT!! LOLOL***** TY TY TY For understanding. GREAT JOB!! How many planes will touch down close to each other!!??? GOOOO ALL TEAMS!!!
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,105 Member
    It's 18 with a high of 47 for today. Axe Sharpening: Give it time, energy, and effort. Don’t worry about what other people thing! This is for YOU!~~Stephanie Lawler 1st Phorm Elite Trainer Happy National Cut Your Energy Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: Don't expect to see A Change if you're not going to make one.~~courtesy of fitness quotes app Motivational quote for today: Exhale your negative thoughts. Inhale your good vibes.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 14,749 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is: truck unload this morning then Strength (Week 3/6) and 5 RFT in the gym after work.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Good morning everyone
  • bookieNJ
    Good morning everyone! Little icy out there on the sidewalks. Went to spin class and girls are at school.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -my husband seems to think this surge is hitting the peak soon and then we’ll start going back down. I hope so. My daughter’s honors band has been postponed (it was like 4 long rehearsals and then. Performance) so maybe just maybe it will happen in March? They said spring? It was supposed to be this week. Yup we are more cautious because of my immune system-we let our girls hang out with people but we don’t go crazy going out all the time. I am really enjoying “the lucky list” right now. It’s young adult and slightly predictable but that’s ok. We did have some snow-I am not walking a lot outside because there is a good chunk of ice. Good luck with the surgery!
    @CSEGUIN2 -good luck with all the studies!
  • Retired_Sue
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I hope that the eye surgery has gone well! So glad that it didn't get cancelled on you. We ended up with about 8-9 inches of snow - would gladly send you 3 or 4 if I could. Now we're going into a deep freeze for tonight and a chilly day tomorrow! Take care.
  • wallahalla
    u6hoe81ahnpq.jpg
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Good Evening Everyone!

WOOHOO! GO RAIDERS! GREAT GAME!

Today has been a great day. Informed Mom and Son that the COVID challenge starts tomorrow. Son not excited because he know he gained since when ever he last weighed. I told him to not worry about the gain, it's the starting point. I am giving them both weight goals to aim for to see if that helps motivate them. Maybe there will be a prize at the end who knows. Enjoyed some rebound jogging along with my other workouts. Studying is still going well I think it's still early so time will tell. Found out my sister's workplace has COVID pretty bad. She works in a daycare. So far her class doesn't have it. So my Son is definitely stuck at Mom's for the foreseeable future. Tomorrow going to Mom's to get on the computer and see if I can get access to the online stuff with out paying. I hope so or this may be rougher than planned. So as tomorrow is weigh day I am looking forward to see where I am at. Not sure what to expect but will except it as is and keep pushing forward.
  • macrat12
    macrat12 Posts: 5,105 Member
    It's 32 feels like 26 with a high of 54 for today. Axe Sharpening: You will not see change in your body tomorrow if you don't start changing the way you live today.~~~Jeremy Mullins 1st Phorm Registered Dietitian and Director of the MyTransPHORMation Challenge Happy National Human Trafficking Awareness Day!!!! Fitness quote for today: I'm gonna show you how bad I want it.~~gymaholic Motivational quote for today: There are millions of ways to love yourself. Make sure you do one every day.~~unknown Closed all rings on my Active 4 and had 13,153 steps yesterday. Today's training plan is supposed to be truck unload this morning then full-body HIIT this afternoon but please check out my blog this afternoon 5% Tuesday 1/11 to find out what I got in.
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Good morning everyone. It is only going to be in the 20's today. Staying in except to go get prescriptions.
  • bookieNJ
    Hello everyone! We are in the deep freeze here-rather than sipping hot chocolate I am staying warm with slippers, and a warm sweatshirt! May have that hot chocolate later after I pick up my kids from school