January 11

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Such great reminders and all so true - thanks for this @biketheworld 🥰
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Jan 11:
    ✅✅✅ exercise today was walking at work today inside the building and I'm up to 5 minutes on my new wobble board without holding on!! Lol.

There have been many months that I have used more than my 3 allotted Pass Days, some months a lot more!! But I know beyond a doubt that dropping out of the UAC inevitably means putting weight back on that I've worked so hard to take off!! #thereisnogoingback

I also have to add that today at work they gave away free rice krispie treats covered in chocolate, brownies, and some kind of astronaut 'dry' ice cream in 2 flavors! (We could take one of each!) Lately I haven't even been going downstairs because I don't want to be tempted by the freebies, but I didn't have time to pack a lunch this morning so I went down to get a salad. And couple this with the fact that my DH was 'hurt' recently when he found out how much free stuff they give away in our cafeteria -- free stuff that never makes it home to him!! I told him that I don't get it because I will eat it!!!! Or, sometimes I get it.... and of course.... then later I eat it - so it doesn't make it home to him anyways! Lol. He said he's seen me have more willpower than that - the problem is that those are rare days! ;) Seriously!

So today, I got the freebies and went upstairs telling myself that I could choose between the rice krispie treat OR the brownie - but that I couldn't eat both of them! I promptly put all of it into my bag and shoved it to the back of my desk. And it worked! I forgot about it! Out of sight, out of mind! I thought about it a couple times as I got up from my desk and saw the bag setting there.... but I told myself that I would have one in a little while.... and promptly forgot about them again! #win

So all of the goodies made it home to hubby and I told him to please HIDE them until he eats them because I'm not trying to see them every time I come into the kitchen. (He will take a week to eat those 4 things - and I could eat them tonight in one setting!)

Anyways, I'm doing well on my WFPB diet that I set out to try for the month of January. I've finally gotten off of sugar and I r-e-a-l-l-y didn't want to eat the freebies and set off the whole sugar thing again. For me, it seems when I'm able to get off the sugar, then it's a little easier to say no to sugar. If I'm in the crazy sugar cycle, then it's just about impossible.

What a wonderful NSV story! (or several, actually - getting off sugar / wobble board going well / keeping mind off the "out of sight" treats that needed to make it home etc.