10# Challenge Redeaux

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,757 Member
    edited January 2022
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Anyone up for another 10# Challenge, starting 1/1/2022 and on until 4/1/2022?
    Same as always, check in on start date, and weekly on Saturday, with your losses. You can list your weights, if you want, or not. Just need the downs, and probably ups for the week.
    I'm hoping for a 10# below goal final, which might, or might not be a 10# loss, but the competition helps.
    Those of us attending WW meetings can either use their last weigh-in, and following, weights, or your at home ones. Your choice.

Steve, and all, Do it as YOU want. Actually, since Wednesday is my WW day, I think I'll start using then to post.
    It's not about me, or my parameters, it your preference.

This is just a fun thing to try to keep us engaged.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,222 Member
    I'm planning to check in here at least once a week but also continuing my habit of checking in on the Friday wrigh-in thread.

I've been a diligent tracker all week. I haven't stayed within my allotted calories each day, and my food choices haven't been consistently good, but diligent tracking will get the snowball of good choices slowly rolling. It's enough for this week. I'm feeling good about tightening things up more for week #2.

More on Friday.
  • Al_Howard
    Got to our WW meeting this morning. Up 0.6# from last week's math, but down 1.2# from the WW weight 2 weeks ago. That's 1# below goal, and my plan is ti get 10# below goal, with no real time frame, but I'd like to lose 1#/month average. We'll see. This cold cuts down on my outdoor walking, and our small house is hard to really get steps comfortably.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,894 Member
    Things are going pretty well, but not perfect. My meals have all been as-planned, and I've been getting in my exercise. I've continued to "allow" air-popped popcorn each night. The only downside so far is that after having "salty" I really wanted "sweet." Thus, I had some gummy candy that I didn't really need.

Tonight I am going out with friends for a few beers. That is definitely not part of my plan, but bonding with these folks is really important to me, so I'm allowing it to override my weight plan. It just can't become routine!
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,738 Member
    OK I will leave this here as well as the Friday weight loss thread.
    Down 3 pounds this week, total loss since Jan 1 5.2 pounds on my way to 10!
  • steve0mania
    I'm up a pound this week. I was out drinking with some friends last night, so it's hard to use this weight as an accurate measure. With that said, I haven't really made any significant downward progress since New Year's, but at least I've stopped the upward trajectory. I probably need to tighten-up my eating just a little bit more. I've been snacking on popcorn nearly every night, but a couple of times I also had some gummy-type candies to satisfy a craving for sweet after salt. I should probably get back in the habit of having tea as a snack.

182/138.4/146
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,893 Member
    I guess I'll check in here on my WI day which is Friday.Of course in not on WW and haven't been since they changed everything up plan wise for the humteeth time but anyway. I'm up .8 lbs since challenge started. However this is my report from today's Friday WI next paragraph. Got a birthday luncheon at O'Charlies today for a 80 year old and his name is Charlie.

Todays WI was just terrible! up 3.6 lbs. There's a reason of course. Big lunch yesterday then late supper last night. Did a bad thing last night. DW wanted some comfort food so about 7::30 I went to Wendy's. I'll leave it at one word for me "Disastrous" Well on to another week and 10# Challenge.Everybody have a good week. We're going to have a snow event here in North Georgia Saturday e evening and alkaline day Sunday. So here we go!
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,107 Member
    Weight Loss/Gain: +2 lbs
    Net: -1 lbs
  • Al_Howard
    At WW, on Wednesday, up 0.6# from last week's math, but down 1.2# from the WW weight 2 weeks ago.
    Today to last week up 0.2#.

Pretty much keeping on. Need to get out to walk more, but if it's below 25 degrees, I dislike going out to walk. Might need to suck it up and do it anyways.
  • whathapnd
    I got on the scale despite saying I was not going to, and was glad to see a 2 pound loss. I weighed only because my post-holiday weight has been all over the place, and I needed to see if things had stabilized. I think they have.

I diligently tracked all week. I have my MFP calories set to lose 1 pound/week. I didn't create a 3500 calorie deficit for the week. It was closer to 2200. But the important thing for me, at the moment, is simply writing it down.

My plan this week is to keep tracking and to make better food choices. This will mainly involve having less junk food. Most of the Xmas treats are now gone.

I don't plan to weigh again for awhile, but time will tell.

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,107 Member
    Weight loss this week: -1.5
    Net Loss: -2.5
  • steve0mania
    I was even for this week. Parts of the week were pretty strong, but there were a couple of evenings that I didn't stick to my overall plan. Actually, to be honest, I *did* stick to my plan on those evenings, but I had "planned" to eat more and drink alcohol (which is not part of my overall plan, but those two nights were special occasions). Regardless, I'm not really making progress on the 10 pound challenge at this moment. I will need to buckle down a bit.

The issue at the moment is that I know I've got other activities coming up that are not in line with losing weight. We're going on a trip soon, and we will be eating out every day. While I don't plan to eat with reckless abandon, I also am not planning on being strict and highly-limited in my intake.

Hopefully I can keep things in better check during the home time before and after travel!
  • whathapnd
    As I mentioned previously, I'm not going to weigh for awhile but will focus on/report on behavioral changes of diligent tracking and calorie deficit (and eventually more movement) each week.

Tracking was great this week. I improved over last week's deficit of 2200 calories to about 2900. But my goal is 3500 deficit. There were still too many snacks this week. But on the plus side, there were more fruits and veggies and more planned dinners.

This week my goal is to reduce snacks even further and have better dinner plans. I have the next three days of dinners planned/shopped for, so I'm off to a decent start.

Sleep has risen as an issue again, so that really needs to be a priority over everything. Nothing good happens without good sleep.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,738 Member
    Down 2. 6 for the week. Most days have been 2 meal days while we are in our RV, eating a larger and later lunch, then not having dinner because we are not really hungry. So since the first of the year I am down by 9.1 pounds. Can he make to 10 off in the first month of the year? Only time will tell!
  • Al_Howard
    I have an early meeting tomorrow AM, so am posting now.
    At WW, a new low, down 1.4# to 217.6#, shoes and all! So down 2.6# so far.
  • imastar2
    Up .4 lbs this week. Up 1.2 lbs for challenge. Wasn't able to concentrate this week on losing. DW has been sick for better than a week. It's always a struggle when one or the other of us is sick. Looking for a better week ahead.
  • Al_Howard
    I'm up 2.8 at WW. ;(
    Gotta really watch my snacking.
  • steve0mania
    I'm down 0.4 pounds, but in reality, I've simply been bouncing around the same weight range without making any progress. I know exactly why: I haven't gotten evening snacks and alcohol under perfect control. I know that many may balk at the term "perfect," but if I want to lose weight, even a snack and a glass of bourbon three-times a week is apparently too much.

I guess if I'm being perfectly honest, though, I could also work on tightening up my weekends a bit too. I certainly don't go crazy on the weekend, but I definitely allow myself more leeway. In the past that has worked out just fine: more strict on the weekdays, less strict on the weekends. Perhaps as I get older, and my metabolism slows a bit, I may need to cut down a bit more than I had in the past.

On a good note, I've been doing well sticking to my exercise plan.

In other news, I'm going on a ski trip next week. There will be a lot more activity, but we'll also be dining out every night, so I am sure I won't be able to out-ski my mouth!

182/138/146
  • whathapnd
    I'm still not weighing but am reporting on my behaviors.

I had a good week. Finally achieved my weekly goal of a 3500 calorie deficit. It was a bit over 3600. I had better meal plans in place for the week. I feel good about my progress in terms of food choices (i.e. more fruits/veggies and better planned dinners) but there's still room for improvement. I've developed a daily hot chocolate habit that's not doing me any favors. Honestly, I can fit the calories in, but there's just no need to, and keeping those calories in doesn't leave much room for error.

So far, I feel good about easing into the new year from a calorie restriction standpoint. Even with just four weeks of data, I can see some patterns that need to be addressed.

This week's goals are to maintain at least the 3500 deficit, eat fewer calories categorized as "snack," increase daily protein and exercise at least three times. I have dinners planned through Monday, and that is helpful.

• imastar2
    From Friday WI How'd You Do. I'm up 2.0 lbs. I think I know why I'm gaining weight. I'm eating toooo much toooo late in the evenings and eating the wrong things. That should just about cover it.
    So for the challenge I'm up 3.2 lbs. :/ This is what happens when one lets them self go. Got to get with it.