Options

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 1.52 mi / 30 mins (Summit Climb + warmup/cool down)
    Pass Days: 0/0

Probably the only thing I can say I've learned and stuck to nearly every day for a number of months now is to do the exercise even if I don't feel like it or my effort is lackluster. The important thing is to do it and not lose the habit.

This is true. In the last 3 month I lost all the strength I gained before
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,081 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 - sorry you’re not getting more support at home. That’s a tough situation to be in but it sounds like you did a fantastic job of staying on track. You should be very proud of yourself!

@ideas2 I second the comments from @biketheworld 💛 I am sorry that this is the attitude your husband has and he communicates to you. Your resolve is so strong and admirable and giving you a shout out for your tenacity and strength. 🥰
  • jamcnewman
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Yes x3. Finally a break from the extreme cold so I got out for a 45 minute walk.

Wasn’t it a beautiful break!?! Took the pup to the off leash park (Mount Pleasant) and all the dogs were full of beans! 🐶

• jamcnewman
    edited January 2022
    Options

Probably the only thing I can say I've learned and stuck to nearly every day for a number of months now is to do the exercise even if I don't feel like it or my effort is lackluster. The important thing is to do it and not lose the habit.

I identify so much with this @LazyBlondeChef 🌟

I looked this article up again as I had it recommended to me years ago with regards to endurance, muscle mass, and strength. This was back when I was so discouraged by being mostly immobilized due to surgery and recovery (repeatedly). What I learned (and this was advice to someone in physiotherapy who kept returning back to being able to do less than 500 steps a day): keep going at the level you are at until you can increase. Know and realize the consequence of taking a break (which may make everything even more discouraging).

I think that the insights in this article are helpful for everyone (beginner to high performance athletes) and I remember and follow them to this day.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-it-take-to-lose-muscle-mass
  • Revlish
    Revlish Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Jan 11

@Revlish lemon artichoke chicken sounds delicious, can I have the recipe?

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/lemon-chicken-and-artichoke-skillet/

Here go! I often substitute things- like the regular green olives for the fancy ones, onion for the shallots, etc. depending on what I have on hand. Last night I realized I didn't have the tenderizer mallet thingie (that's a pro cooking term), so I just didn't pound it and it was totally fine. :)

I've been trying to cook a little more often. Love me some leftovers I can heat up later. :D

• jamcnewman
    Options
    Tuesday January 11

✅✅✅

January 12 will be my final day of 10,000+ steps a day and I peaked January 11 🥳🥳🥳

15,500+ Steps (treadmill in the early morning; outdoors at the off leash park with the dog prior to supper time. Great day and it FINALLY warmed up. 🤞🏻
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »

I identify so much with this @LazyBlondeChef 🌟

I looked this article up again as I had it recommended to me years ago with regards to endurance, muscle mass, and strength. This was back when I was so discouraged by being mostly immobilized due to surgery and recovery (repeatedly). What I learned (and this was advice to someone in physiotherapy who kept returning back to being able to do less than 500 steps a day): keep going at the level you are at until you can increase. Know and realize the consequence of taking a break (which may make everything even more discouraging).

I think that the insights in this article are helpful for everyone (beginner to high performance athletes) and I remember and follow them to this day.

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-it-take-to-lose-muscle-mass

The good news is that restoration of the strength taked less time than starting from zero.😊
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,422 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @ideas2 - sorry you’re not getting more support at home. That’s a tough situation to be in but it sounds like you did a fantastic job of staying on track. You should be very proud of yourself!

Yes! I agree that you did a fantastic job @ideas2 . It broke my heart to read your post and made me realize how thankful I am for my hubby's support - he is very supportive of my eating habits and my choices. Sometimes I even have to tell him NOT be my food police! Lol. It's tough when your significant other isn't very supportive. I'm very proud of you for staying strong! <3