WaistAways Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bowens1973! Fantastic first place!

1/16: 31 minutes elliptical + 8899 steps

I had SUCH an amazing weekend with my sister's birthday party on Saturday and a potluck with friends yesterday. I did not drink, and I am glad about that. It was a beautiful gathering, and I am grateful for my friends.

Jenn
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going but your strength and determination to not slip back into those habits is very inspiring. All of the hugs.

@happimess01 thank you for sharing all of your thoughts and feelings. It sounds like your weight loss journey has had a lot of highs and some lows. It is inspiring that you recognize and reflect on your feelings and behaviour and still go back to sticking to your overall goal of being healthier.

I find it a depressing time of year and I find it comforting to be part of group that can empathize and understand the ups and downs of weight loss journeys but also life in general.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Courtney, I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away 😢 💔 I teared up reading your post. He sounds like a wonderful person and dad. Glad you have such sweet memories of him. Sending hugs to the whole family.

@happimess01 Sam, I think you are a great example of how weight loss journeys aren't perfect. It truly is a journey and it comes with ups and downs. We can all be successful with our imperfect moments mixed in. I think being social and sticking to a calorie budget can be so tricky. It's also surprising how a release of pounds can come with a release of feelings too. I have experienced that too. Looks like you had fun and loved the pictures.
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    1/16 steps:
    13,881 including 76 minutes on the treadmill
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey - so sorry to hear of the passing of your dad! You and your mother are in my prayers.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't understand it - I could have sworn that I posted my step and exercise stats yesterday. I'm sure I didn't imagine it!

Nevertheless, there seems to be no sign of them so here goes (again!):

9th Jan - 3726
    10th Jan - 3401 / 49 mins HR12W 2.0 Day 6 - Upper Body Push
    11th Jan - 3889 / 44 mins HR12W 2.0 Day 7 - Tabata Legs & Abs
    12th Jan - 5647
    13th Jan - 2864 / 46 mins HR12W 2.0 Day 8 - Unilateral Upper Body
    14th Jan - 2468 / 46 mins HR12W 2.0 Day 9 - Booty Builder
    15th Jan - 5082 / 48 mins HR12W 2.0 Day 10 - HIIT Cardio

Sorry, Ashley @ashleycarole86 - I honestly thought that I had sent this to you!

Yx

• gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I am sorry from your loss!
    -Gary-
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey Courtney, my sincerest condolences on the passing of your father.... sounds like you two had a really special relationship and I can't imagine how hard it was to go through his turn for the worst that you described. Sending you all the strength as you get through this next while.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @happimess01 Your pics are amazing, and thanks for sharing your week.
    There is so much that goes into the journey. Sounds like you had a bit of it all this past week.
    I almost always have a big cry when I'm super drunk too... feel you there.
    Super impressed you tried skiing, I live in one of the most amazing places to ski but it just seems so daunting to me. Way to go.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods So fun you were able to enjoy that cooking experience with your son! Sounds like a lovely thing to do together

11/16 exercise:
    114 minutes snowshoeing, 60 minutes Peloton, 11946 steps
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. Sending hugs and my deepest sympathy. I’m so glad you have such wonderful memories of him to hold on to. They will certainly help in the coming days. 🙏🏼❤️

I need to use that mantra as well.

@metaphysicalstudio Jenn Thank you for your kind words. It is crazy for sure. I think we may put the selling the house on hold for a while and instead just rent for a bit. Not sure. It seems to be changing every 30 minutes. 🤪

Hit my step goal today. Ran around pulling Juliet in the snow ❄️ then chipped away at some ice. I have been logging at the end of the day. I need to log as I go so I don’t get off track.

It’s been a bit challenging because I’m not paying careful to my eating. Went over 2000 calories today. Just thought of something I forgot to log. So need to work on that. This is going to be a drawn out stressful life event so I need to keep myself healthy and eating in control so I don’t end up on the other side with a big gain. Nope. Nope. Can’t let that happen.

Thanks for being here everyone.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 steps. Sorry I’m late.
    azno934bgkli.jpeg
    Pilates -Monday Wednesday Thursday 15 minutes
    Friday 6 minutes Pilates and 26 minutes dancing.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Today is a holiday here in the US, so no work. Most of the day was preparing for the work week and getting laundry done. No work out today. I did some sewing projects for the guinea pig cage since my first ones shrunk. I need to figure out a way to re work them so they are not wasted. Pre washed my new fabric today. Made a little couch for their cage which turned out pretty good and didn't cost $40 like the ones on etsy! I also made a hay bag.

Stayed in calories today just barely. Tried the chocolate chia seeds pudding and it was very tasty 😋 I think it is going to be a daily treat and has 17 grams of fiber!

My scale is either not moving or going up. I'm really frustrated and I thought my long break would help me jump back into weight loss. I have had some close to maintenance days but should be seeing a drop in pounds. I will just keep at it and hope my body is just being stubborn and will give in soon!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey I am so sorry for your loss, Courtney. You and your family are in my prayers.hugs
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow. I an just so off. I enjoyed taking the kids to brunch yesterday, since we were off. Then, I snacked all day. I am also ridiculously tired lately. I have been getting 7 hrs, which is usually enough for me.
  • MandiSaysHey
    MandiSaysHey Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey losing my dad was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through. I am so sorry you're.goimg through it. Prayers for peace and comfort for your family.
This discussion has been closed.