Options
124»

Replies

• Revlish
    Revlish Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Revlish wrote: »

When I start feeling greedy about it, I just remind my "inner elephant" that there will be more cake in our future, oh yes...yes, there will. :) That helps me relax and savor every crumb.

Pleasure is an important ingredient. lol

"inner elephant" .... love that! 🐘🐘 (i often visualize IGM - Instant Gratification Monkey 🐒🐒)

Yes! I love that. oh man. Instant gratification. I like it. And... it's more fun when it's IG occasionally. IIIIIII guuuuueeesssss. ;) lol
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? An hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    @tdrjustus3 you are a CHAMPION. Just keep showing up!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »

When I start feeling greedy about it, I just remind my "inner elephant" that there will be more cake in our future, oh yes...yes, there will. :) That helps me relax and savor every crumb.

Pleasure is an important ingredient. lol

"inner elephant" .... love that! 🐘🐘 (i often visualize IGM - Instant Gratification Monkey 🐒🐒)

Yes! I love that. oh man. Instant gratification. I like it. And... it's more fun when it's IG occasionally. IIIIIII guuuuueeesssss. ;) lol

Like you mention about keeping the keys of the bus out of Elifant's hands .... the trick (for me) of managing IGM is redirect / make things a "game" wherever possible. Eg. "we play Go For The Green together" every morning (pre-logging) so that IGM can make space for the snack that is coming .... getting steps in is mostly by wii exergame ... sufficient steps gets IGM closer to "mayyyybe EXTRA activity credits .... that THAT means a bit bigger evening snack! (monkey-spins and cartwheels with excitement)

Now that I am (only) half-way through my second back-at-the-office week, so not "available to play" as often .... (aka to avoid procrastination) "calling it a game" also works for keeping my whole brain focused on "boring-to-IGM" work-tasks too eg if I use colour-fill or cell-formatting in a spreadsheet to mark follow-up information.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @BMcC9 I love that you make it a game with your inner Elifant - that's a pretty neat idea! ;)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,327 Member
    Options
    1/23

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used #1 pass
    2 passes remain

January goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 50 mins walking
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, under
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes