Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Wow. I learn so much here everyday.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    No pickled eggs for me!…I hardly ever eat any kind of egg!…..makes my stomach turnover to think of a pickled egg….in our store we used to sell jars of eggs and pickled pigs feet to customers…..yuk…..we also had hot boiled peanuts …..shuddering!

Tonight for dinner I pulled some leftover frozen manicotti from Christmas out of the freezer and heated it up….I could not eat anymore soup….I am much better today and I have a very busy week planned….including lots of shopping!….cleaning out some kitchen cabinets, buying another large container for Tonka trucks to be stored in, cleaning the guest room ; linens, etc…, getting to the gym a few times, and making spit pea soup one day….pre planning some meals….the weather is going to be in the 60s this week for high temps….I will probably freeze!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,657 Member
    Options
    Back to the frozen 60's?!?!?!? :lol:
  • PAV8888
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hmmm..... "snacky" day so far. Had a couple of hard boiled eggs (118g) with a couple of toasted slice of bread (61g) and a couple of slices of cheddar (38g). And about 750g jello no sugar refrigerator pudding cup with the "big half" of the can of light cherry pie filling (because I am out of yogurt at the moment). Plus a 400 Cal mango pudding with "nata de coco". Not buying THAT again... probably. Not terrible but not earth shattering either.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Made a bit of a mistake tonight. Was having an okay day, and then discovered a little bag - little as in a single serving bag of potato chips size - of Indian snack mix left over from the holidays. Delicious - sweet, spicy little bits and pieces. Ate a few, ate a few more, finished the bag - logged on here and discovered I had just eaten 900 calories of sweet, spicy little bits. I honestly would have never guessed. Then had to drink a glass of milk to cool off my mouth and will probably be up half the night with heart burn. Those little bits were pretty hot. Geez.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    Bombay Mix is one of my Kryptonite foods....I daren't have it in the house.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,856 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Some homemade 13 bean soup with ham today. It’s rainy and cold (50s) so time for soup.

But Connie the pickled red eggs are so pretty! txsay9dpgpff.jpeg
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    I reuse the leftover vinegar from hot spicy pickled onions all the time, and I'm not overly paranoid about contamination either. No adverse side effects thus far....

Yooly, I agree, the eggs look so pretty!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    drop those babies on a bed of lettuce and it is a not bad lunchtime rainbow going on :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Bombay Mix is one of my Kryptonite foods....I daren't have it in the house.

I don't any more! :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Yes, the eggs are pretty but I still am not eating them!

It’s in the high 50s here today and I am freezing….I have split pea soup simmering and it is way too thin so I threw a bag of rice in it…hope that thickens it….I have diced onions,carrots,celery,potatoes, a little thyme,parsley,garlic,tiny dice ham pieces, and a bay leaf in it…..it tastes great but might have to go get some kind of bread or rolls to dip in it!….should still be pretty low in calories….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm finally out of self isolation! Grocery store here I come.

Tonight's supper will be "pasta" - some pasta sauce from the freezer (oh I hope that is what it is :smiley: ) french cut green beans, veggie meatballs, topped with grated mozzarella & parmesan

Brunch was 2 hardboiled eggs with ... pickled onions :) ... and potato soup I made on the weekend with The Boy. First real cooking since surgery. Chopping was okay...with a little help from my little friend. XO
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Aren’t grand kids the best?….I have spent so much more time with my grands than I did with my kids….Aliyah is taking some kind of chorus or drama classes next year and an art class….she is so excited about her first year of high school….Johnnathan is so smart and he hates school….he likes doing his school work at home so much better than in a classroom….he is actually talking about getting his drivers permit….I will be glad when he has his heart surgery over….

I never say much about our son but he is a good guy….has been in law enforcement for over 20 years….he is the head of the sexual predator division….he has 7 detectives working under him and three secretaries….this is for only one county….he has 1900 offenders to keep track of….insane!….

Laurie your grandson sounds like so much fun….I miss that age so much….Aliyah and I have been talking about things to do this summer for fun….she won’t want to spend lots of time with me many more years!….enjoy it while I can!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Woohoo Laurie!!!!

Connie... that's why we log.... so we KNOW how many calories are in the soup!!! 😘

With enough rice and bread and some yummy fats and a goodly quantity.... I can make expensive soup if I try hard enough! 😇

Pumpkin and cream of wheat can also thicken 👅

(I'm just jealous because I actually like pea soup)

The eggs are incredibly pretty ❣️❣️❣️
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Hahaha…..PAV believe me this soup is low calorie!….I made a big batch and I wasn’t planning on putting rice in it but I put too much chicken broth in it and I had to thicken it up….I didn’t want to change the flavor by adding flour to it….I am usually pretty precise with my measurements but this was like “ Stone Soup” and I kept adding stuff to it!….but I have a lot of extra calories today so it’s fine….

Has anyone else tried the Apple Pie hummus?…only 60 calories in 2T…..delicious!

Also having salad with our soup….I am not making cornbread since I had to put rice in my soup!

Why on earth would I put cereal or pumpkin in my soup?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Thick pea & pumpkin soup Connie if you use pumpkin. Cereal is like a flour.. right?!?!?! :wink:
    I thought you were using ham and peas... now I discover chicken! :open_mouth:

Reporting that I sliced the better part of a white onion and stuffed it in an already open jar of bread and butter pickles...plus added some red vinegar to top it all up.... so far so good!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Looking forward to your pickled onion report, PAV!

My container of red stuff from the freezer was indeed pasta sauce - tonight's supper is so so so good! It's been a long time. :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I love beet pickled eggs! And I introduced my husband to them too :) They are especially interesting when they've been in the fridge long enough to even pink the yolk!

I was going to fast today, but it ended up being a fairly active day, so I made butternut squash curry soup out of some butternut squash I had canned, and had a chicken sandwich with it. I got a goodly amount of protein in today!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I made Zuchinni sticks for lunch with a ranch dip….then I baked a loaf of skinny banana bread….

Dinner tonight is fish filets with tiny new potatoes and green beans….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I love this little new potatoes! They have been my biggest "diet" discovery/saviour.

Brunch today - lentil soup (from the freezer that keeps on giving :)) and a bowl of field greens with some balsamic vinegar.

Supper - spicey cabbage and peas (from that same freezer), scrambled eggs and some grape tomatoes