Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try both ways I guess

First of all, we are gimpy. In terms of flavors that we have available for sugar-free pudding, I generally am able to find only chocolate, butterscotch, vanilla and white chocolate.

No instant sugar-free pistachio

The butterscotch that I opened Yesterday was 30 g/ 100 calories and I believe would dissolve in 500 mil off milk under normal conditions

I did use way less than you did and I can't say that the flavor was there. I used 1/4 of the satchel 7.5 g in 750 g of yogurt which is the most common family size tub sold around town. 0% Greek

Of course I confounded the experiment because I also used all bran buds that also tend to absorb any moisture when left in the yogurt

Consistency was quite good actually, but the flavor was underwhelming probably because I didn't use enough and I definitely did not whisk because I was just mixing it with the spoon inside the container
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Still sounds pretty good
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The Greek yogurt and instant pudding mix is called fluff - cause you got to fluff it up by whisking or use an electric mixer. It whips air into the mix. 3nlqn3csex5d.jpeg
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Ahhhhhhh
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Habanero mango baked chicken thigh and some Mexican pasta salad. Pretty spicy stuff! I find that spicy seasoned food tends to require less quantity. A little goes a long way. 🌶️🌶️🌶️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds like an exciting dinner, Yooly!
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Sounds like an exciting dinner, Yooly!

Definitely memorable! I do like spicy food.

What’s Laurie been eating lately? PAV needs to create some weird concoctions for our reading amusement. And what about Athijades Chicago adventures? Or Dante’s Greek feasts?

I can’t be the only one cooking .......
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @Yoolypr ... hey, you and I lady.... we need to chat!!! 🤬

OBVIOUSLY the issue must be that I went with butterscotch instead of chocolate, or something is missing from the instructions!!!! 🤐🤷‍♂️😳
  • PAV8888
    Options
    tb74xq9gvjxs.jpg
    vkyp0taph86j.jpg

• Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Okay - but how did it taste?? As for the mess - don’t try to mix it in the yogurt container for heavens sake! Dump the yogurt and pudding into a deep bowl or even deep sauce pan and then mix. Obviously in a shallow small container it will splatter the walls 🤯

Try these two sites for more help. Otherwise I’ll be forced to come to your house for personal instruction.

https://simple-nourished-living.com/2-ingredient-greek-yogurt-pudding-fluff/

https://healthbeet.org/2-ingredient-instant-cheesecake-greek-yogurt-and-sugar-free-pudding-mix/

• lauriekallis
    Options
    I still haven’t really gotten into cooking yet… Vision is really dicey. Cold green soup. Smoothies. Greek yoghurt with walnuts. Soy spaghetti with butter and hot sauce. Field greens and hummus. With some treats intermixed 😁People have brought me some of the most amazing food!!!

This week I had Banana Blossom Stew!!! Absolutely delicious and exciting… I so love any food that’s prepared for me! 😁
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh my goodness I just saw your art project, PAV!!!! that’s absolutely brilliant. Post more pictures with a different flavour in different colours and you have Yooly coming to give you personal cooking lessons!!! I always knew you were smart I didn’t realize just how clever you are with the ladies 😂
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    And what about Athijades Chicago adventures?
    I can’t be the only one cooking .......

I have not been cooking. Been dealing with some depression so my energy levels have been horrible. Monday I ordered in Taco Bell (and then regretted it SO bad), Tuesday was eggs, toast, avocado, and baked beans, and Wednesday was frozen dumplings and tteokbokki (was a ramen type cup thing). So yea. Tuesday was the most cooking I have done all week.

I do think I am coming out of it some so hopefully will get back to things this weekend. Even did some cleaning yesterday (swept all the floors and cleaned out the fridge).

Also, no adventures of late because the smoke from the Canadian wildfires have been so bad. The air quality is literally unhealthy. That should also be clearing out some this weekend thanks to changes in weather patterns and some storms.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Athijade plan is sounding good! I'm working on improving total sleep time. Attempt #1.…. didn't improve nothing yet!🤷‍♂️

So wait a second. I can have my very own "cooking lessons with babushka" all at the cost of having to clean the kitchen again... and it ain't like it doesn't need another cleaning already!

Hmmm.... 🤐 I smell a plan hatching 🐣😜

And I protest the insinuation that my container was not tall! It was an 908 g tub of yogurt. That's taller than most of my bowls you know! And it was no more than 60% full 🙀

I will also have to figure out these strange one third and two thirds of a cup and tablespoon measurements that people are using 🙀

My yogurt tubs are either 750 g or 908 g of Greek yogurt 0%. The sugar-free jello mix is 30 g for non-chocolate mixes. Think of it as a very generous ounce since that one comes in at 28.35g

So how much of the second goes into the 🤐🤷‍♂️

My attempts so far either use too little or too much.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    This babushka only works in clean kitchens and liberally slaps hands 🤚 with wooden spoons.
    When you whip air into food it expands thus the original yogurt container will obviously be too small. Resulting in kitchen explosions! If you don’t have big bowls use a deep cooking pot. I generally mix cakes, doughs, batters in my soup pot.

I think this site might help with the metric measurements.
    https://ashleytracks.com/zero-point-yogurt-fluff/

You can do add-ins like vanilla, cocoa powder, cinnamon etc for bigger flavor. Dash of hot chipotle pepper in the chocolate fluff?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Uh-oh! Babushka is straying into violent kitchen take overs--a Gordon Ramsey in the making! Still.... I may have to sign up!!!!😜

No silly. I'm going to assume that jello sells the same 20-25 Cal per half a tablespoon (7.5g 😜, box holds 4 portions up here) fat and sugar free pudding mix both sides of the border.... So how much yogurt do you use with each box????

I guess I'll dig it up tomorrow. Really need to work on the sleep thing!🙀
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Well I don’t make fluff by the box load. One serving at a time because otherwise I’d be forced to eat a whole tub over a day or two. It’s good but in smaller doses.

Get some sleep. Should help your figuring out the kitchen math. 🤔
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Whot?
    What is this serving thing you speak off?
    Aren't units self contained? Aka the "each tub is a single serving" rule?
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Whot?
    What is this serving thing you speak off?
    Aren't units self contained? Aka the "each tub is a single serving" rule?

109tl07lw9kr.png

• lauriekallis
    Options
    go4yz0foov9i.jpg