Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    🙃 yeah! I was particularly pleased with that meal. This is what I’m making for his birthday every year from here on in .
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    A local sub shop had a two for the price of one deal. So hubby and I got roast beef subs (no sauce/oil) with mustard, lettuce and tomato. Brought them home and added a salad.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Made a new batch of green soup yesterday. I’m running into problems keeping it good for a week. So I think I’m going to just eat more for four days or so and get all the green healthy vitamins I can without it turning to some kind of vinegar soup.

It is so filling that there were some days I just don’t want to eat it because something different would be lovely and after I eat this green soup there’s not a lot of room for something different.

Which I guess means it’s a perfect food!

It reminds me of how I quit smoking after almost 40 years. I used the patch and rather than focussing on not smoking the first day the first few weeks I just made sure I put on that patch (patches). I had so much nicotine I could not smoke comfortably. That really helped break the habit side of the addiction.

Maybe green soup will be my food patch.

I don’t have to focus so much on what I’m not eating (other than my obvious problem foods) … just making sure I eat my daily servings of green soup will keep me on the road to a healthy body weight.
    Or.
    It will turn me green.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Jeannie, if you have made it into this thread… Green Soup is basically a vegetable soup with a split green pea base and it includes whatever green vegetables you have/want to add to the mix. The only rule is it’s got to be green 🙂
    My son visits every week with bags of organic green vegetables and together we create this magical elixir as the way back to good health 🙂
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    You mean my soup could be green instead of yellow?!?!?!?
    Oh!
    Maybe we shouldn't talk about the yellow soup! :hushed:
    Or yellow snow!
    Especially yellow snow!
    :naughty:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Lemon snow 😁😝
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Snow!!! I have dreams about cold, frozen snow.... whether white, yellow, green... soup weather seems so far away.

I do make a mean green split pea soup but it’s not vegetarian. I think most of my soups are not vegetarian. Hubby is a major carnivore.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Other than the crazy soupy humidity on the day of soup cooking - the soup works for summer because I'm eating it cold :) it is a savoury green pudding most mornings :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    there is something called green goddess somewhere! Are you her??!?! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Im working on it!!!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Guess what I’m having for supper 😝
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    What to eat on a 109F(43C) day? I’m staying indoors with the comfort of AC but somehow my body knows it’s ridiculously HOT 🥵. So today it’s tuna salad on a bed of lettuce. Maybe some yogurt and cereal 🥣 for dinner.
    It’s the same weather forecast with no rain for at least the next fourteen days. I’m going to stock up on some frozen Lean Cuisines because ain’t nobody cooking anything in the kitchen!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I had some premade Moroccan stewed beef with saffron rice and a piece of garlic naan. That was pretty good. I tried waiting until evening to eat because I'd been having some issues with eating in the middle of the day. Waiting seems to have worked. I had my food and cleaned up the kitchen, fed the dogs and took them out, and am contemplating making something sweet to have after my single meal a day.

I had made the Morocccan beef in a slow cooker and put it into smaller casseroles to freeze, and all I had to do was to put the casserole dish in the warming box this morning and it was ready when I was ready for it. That's about the right pace in hot muggy weather.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Good to have you back Alexandra! Your order makes my central nervous system feel good 🙂
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    Order makes me feel calm and at peace and gives me the ability to deal with everything. Fortunately I know this about myself and can manifest it.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Really FAR from terrible for the calories.

I had a sweet and sour lean cuisine (traces of chickenoid in sauce with rice). AND a 340g bag of grocery store riced cauliflower.

Dumped cauli-rice https://www.compliments.ca/en/products/riced-cauliflower-sesame-ginger-340-g/ first in a glass container.

Then a lean cuisine sweat and sour rice with traces of chickenoid.

nuked covered in 1200ish nuker for 8.25 minutes. Stir/shake/mix/cover wait/scarf down over two meals since I was supposed to be eating "light".
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    I got to do donut Friday!!!

So Friday mornings I like to get a donut from a local shop and then a tea from another shop as a sort of "you survived the week" treat. Since I am feeling better, I got to do it today. I had a strawberry glazed donut and a iced red tea latte with oat milk and cane sugar.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Hope the donut and sweet tea aren’t too much for your sensitive tummy?
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Hope the donut and sweet tea aren’t too much for your sensitive tummy?

They did quite well actually. The tea isn't super sweet at all. Just a bit to take the bitterness out of it.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    A donut and a tea latte would cure just about anything wrong with me. 😜