Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    What was the casserole, Athijade? I don't recall seeing it / can't locate it.

I'm lucky. I can eat the same thing day after day after day. So if I make sure to have it available I can usually talk myself out of take out. Also helps to have that low budget thing going on. There is often not enough change in the dish to cover take out. The blessings of a simpler life :) (as in less work - less hassle - less money - less options)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    @Athijade reminds me of my portioned snacks and activity/ consumption rules around them when I first started on mfp
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Only high cal veggies in the freezer! :hushed:

nuked 750g baby peas with 750g mixed crushed and diced tomatoes and some 90 Cal worth of garlic powder/onion powder and lemon pepper and chili flakes! Insane amount of Cal for "veggies" but a good quantity... eating it over a couple of meals with seitan based "bratwurst" @ 160 to 200 Cal each.

Contemplating making another attempt at finding fish that was on sale with zero availability!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    But peas have more protein than most (I’m pretty sure 😜)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    What was the casserole, Athijade? I don't recall seeing it / can't locate it.

It was chicken and broccoli in a sauce and topped with stuffing. Great in concept but my execution was not on par this time around.
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Peas and veggie sausages have great protein numbers. Even the calories were ok in the end. Still have quite a bit left

Fish is not for me, even though it should be when I think about it. It's for the girl.... old lady actually.

Have discovered that she arrived 7+years ago now after spending two years in jail and having been surrendered back to the shelter four times. She is probably closer to 11 than 9/10

Did come back after almost catching the coyote last night....
  • PAV8888
    edited June 2023
    Options
    10C morning weather means I took the opportunity to scarfe down a bowl of kimchi noodles with some of my leftover peas thrown in!✅

It's like weight watchers free food🤣😹 (I counted all the peas yesterday and moved everything that would have put the day above maintenance to today. So the peas are "free food" today--and my available calories lower than expected--but free food!!!🙈 🫣)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ain’t no free foods! 😢😥 Sad but sooo true. Well maybe celery but who wants loads of that?

I’ll trade your 10C (50F) for my 35C (103F) 🥵
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    You confused me there, PAV 🙂
  • PAV8888
    Options
    You confused me there, PAV 🙂

I will be happy to assist... if you tell me how! :wink:

Trying to keep things to a dull roar today i view of having sushi with dad yesterday and planning on brunch for tomorrow!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Wonder what Dante is eating theses days?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The friend who has brought me over the delicious bean dishes and salads told me that she was going to try making a Bolognese sauce… a vegetarian version made with tofu. She sent me a link and on the same site I found this delicious looking recipe for a red lentil sauce. It looks ridiculously simple something even I can make at this point… No chopping a Dyson or anything like that. Hopefully that is today’s dinner for me 😁🤞🏻

I have included a link here in case anybody else wants to see this exciting/interesting/satiating looking dinner.

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/the-best-ever-lentil-ragu/
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    The friend who has brought me over the delicious bean dishes and salads told me that she was going to try making a Bolognese sauce… a vegetarian version made with tofu. She sent me a link and on the same site I found this delicious looking recipe for a red lentil sauce. It looks ridiculously simple something even I can make at this point… No chopping a Dyson or anything like that. Hopefully that is today’s dinner for me 😁🤞🏻

I have included a link here in case anybody else wants to see this exciting/interesting/satiating looking dinner.

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/the-best-ever-lentil-ragu/

That lentil sauce looks really interesting and like something I would love to try, but I doubt I would ever make myself because it is a lot of food if I don't like it. Too bad we are so far apart Laurie! You always have some of the most interesting looking meal ideas and I am trying to have at least 1 meat free dinner a week.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I will let you know what it’s like, Athijade. If the sauce is good I plan on freezing single serving portions. I’m a gambler - and I’m also not terribly reluctant to eat food that I’m not that keen on. Lol
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    This week went a bit differently than I expected - so no sauce yet - but tonight I'm have a salad with half a large container of field greens - in the hopes of using them before they are not so great. Delicious - nothing exciting in it - a carrot an apple and hummus - but perfect for dinner tonight.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I'm trying to keep things to a dull roar. Medium to successful so far. No new sauces! :blush:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    No new sauces :(
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Yoolypr , when you get a minute, what is your yogurt and sugar free pudding combo? I.e. what do you mix together? Any instructions? Do you use Greek or regular yogurt... all that stuff!
  • Yoolypr
    edited June 2023
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    @Yoolypr , when you get a minute, what is your yogurt and sugar free pudding combo? I.e. what do you mix together? Any instructions? Do you use Greek or regular yogurt... all that stuff!

One serving is about 80-100 calories depending on type of yogurt:

3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt and 1 tablespoon dry sugar free pudding. Whisk together. Yes whisk!!! Add fruit/berries?

I’m not sure how that translates to grams. 183 grams yogurt to 21 grams pudding powder? Don’t use more dry pudding because it gets pasty! I like the cheesecake or pistachio puddings but chocolate with some raspberries is pretty darn good.

I recommend doing individual servings until you figure out proportions you like. Then you can do a larger batch and refrigerate individual portions.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Oh - use INSTANT sugar free pudding not the kind you have to cook.