Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Enough with the fluff already! 🤨. Maybe just make sugar free pudding per box instructions or get low fat flavored yogurt?

Today we had salad nicoise - tuna, veggies, lite dressing. Great meal for a 100+ day. I’ve been doing a lot of yogurt and cereal meals too. ‘‘Tis the season to avoid heating up the kitchen. The new AC is doing great but no point adding to the work load. Anything that needs heating is done in the microwave.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... I must have wondered into the wrong group!!! :flushed:

<but kudos do go to the less than one full tub per portion peops>
    <I suppose I will also accept kudos for a drawer full of goodies that are still there!>
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all still battling to stay on the good track!

To the partial tub of yoghurt peoples,
    To the searching for the perfect recipe treat peoples,
    To the peoples striving to create the perfect weekly menu,
    To the peoples who still have a full drawer of treats,
    To the peoples who eat well all week until they ordered from the pizza place last night (??!!),
    To all the furry peoples 🐶🐱
  • PAV8888
    Options
    But if your furry people are defective, what happens then?😳😱🤔🫣🤷‍♂️🙈
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Nah, I'm still keeping her! 😜😎
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Kudos to all the defective furry ones who still keep on keeping on being our besties ❤️❤️❤️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Still noshing on the roasted-veggie bowl leftovers from the boy’s birthday party.

I wish I had the gumption to make that every week… or an in-house chef who would make it for me 😁
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well, your chef is recovering... slowly... but recovering. And she's a good one too!

• lauriekallis
    Options
    😁🤞🏻

I have to see the eye surgeon this morning. A no cooking friend is driving me there and we’re stopping for breakfast along the way at a greasy spoon type place.

But these roasted veggies have gotten into my head. I don’t really want what I’m going to get at that restaurant today 😁
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I had a couple of the soon to disappear forever so selling off at half price plus 10% yesterday lean cuisines (450 Cal for both) plus a baggy of cauliflower and onion riced veg 340g/120 Cal.... ready in 6 minutes (as we know super important!) and not terrible 😜

Yes your roasted veg are way ahead 😎😘
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    The collection of roasted veggies requires a luxury of time that the working person doesn’t have
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Since I won’t be roasting anything other than myself in 100+ degree temperatures- I also resorted to a Lean Cuisine. And a nice salad.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    The collection of roasted veggies requires a luxury of time that the working person doesn’t have

Maybe I missed it while I was gone, but what was in this roasted veggies mix? Cause it sounds like something I would really enjoy to have on hand!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    SO MUCH!!!!! It was a buffet style meal I prepared for my sons birthday:
    - wild rice pilaf
    - buckwheat
    - roasted sweet potatoes with garlic and balsamic
    - roasted golden and red beets with olive oil
    - roasted carrots (orange, yellow and purple) with honey, nice big chunks of ginger and sesame oil
    - roasted broccoli (long stems with florettes on the end) sprinkled with sesame seeds
    - roasted spaghetti squash
    - roasted cauliflower with cherry tomatoes, olive oil, oregano and thyme
    - field greens
    - cucumbers with mint
    - cherry tomatoes
    - radishes (an unexpectedly great addition!)
    - pesto type dressing (son loves pesto everyone else not so much)
    - lemon/lime tahini dressing

I was so happy with the leftovers. All week the best meals (breakfast mostly :) )

Because I was making this in a larger quantities, prep and roasting took forever (every vegetable ran through my smaller convection oven on its own) - but if I was to make this a weekly thing I could handle it in probably just a couple of hours.

Maybe maybe :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I was really light with the oil in all of the roasted vegetables
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Roasted radishes! So good. They’re completely different from the raw version.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    ah! Yooly - my radishes were raw - more like a topping. Ive never roasted a radish! Is that a thing? They are good?!
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Find some nice big radishes and roast them! Amazing. They get sweeter and aren’t peppery at all. Truly a revelation!

Here’s a quick recipe—-

1 pound fresh globe radishes – these are the most available type of radishes
    Butter – or you can use ghee, or substitute coconut oil or avocado oil to make this a vegan recipe
    Sea salt – any salt will do
    Ground black pepper
    Garlic cloves – or substitute 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder for the 2 garlic cloves
    Dried parsley – or use dried chives or dried dill

Roast at medium high heat for about 20-25 minutes. I use garlic powder as garlic cloves tend to burn or get bitter.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I am going to try this
  • PAV8888
    Options
    @Athijade look up Laurie's pictures. That was an AWESOME feast! And the radishes definitely sound like something to explore!