Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options
1316317318319320322»

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    I agree there's some amazing sounding meals here!

My suppers have been really hit and miss for the past week and a half. Not terrible on the calorie front but certainly not great on the nutrition front.

I love reading everybody's meals
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    v800fpvn0wta.jpg
    Ok, plated torn rotisserie chicken heated with sauce, grated parm over noodles and green beans.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    Wow! Err roti from last a few houses down plus chicken potato onion curry.... With loads of oil!😠
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,744 Member
    Options
    Adventurista - that looks amazing - I love green beans with tomato based sauce!

Calories bad - taste GOOD, PAV. But filling also????
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a tomato sandwich for dinner. I had a gyro for lunch and it was HUGE so I wasn't super hungry.

Tonight I will be using some leftover steak, baked potato, and zucchini to make hash and eggs.

Tomorrow will be some sort of chicken and veggies. It's supposed to be hibachi bowls but who knows what will actually happen lol.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    Looks like you’re doing more at-home eating Athijade. Probably better and easier to manage than ordering in?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    Brunch - 2 eggs and 1 white scrambled with chopped up mushrooms and deli roast beef and shredded reduced fat Cheddar.

Dinner - small sirloin steak, grilled, and Parmesan roasted spaghetti squash
  • Adventurista
    Options
    Yum!

Tomorrow morning, we will be batch grilling/smoking a ham, chicken, carne asada beef, and bell pepper + onion strips for the holiday feast and leftovers.
  • PAV8888
    edited July 4
    Options
    Not that filling Laurie!😡

Had a couple of Yves "burgers" today, 160cal each plus bun etc....

Maybe even Steven for the day
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Lunch - leftover Parmesan roasted spaghetti squash as a base for chopped up sauteed chicken/basil/Parmesan meatballs and marinara sauce with a sprinkling of low-fat mozzarella
  • Adventurista
    edited July 4
    Options
    etb15zl3920p.jpg
    as planned, Street tacos, batches of grilled smoked chicken breast and thin shaved beef, sweet onion & bell pepper strips (salsa & sour cream garnish.)

Later smoked ham (finished in oven) with roast taters & green beans
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,999 Member
    Options
    Now that’s a feast!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Dinner - 1egg, 1 white scrambled, slice of ham. 200g 2% Fage Greek yogurt with diced strawberries, liquid splenda and a splash of vanilla. Finishing it off with some Chai and milk
  • Adventurista
    edited 1:22AM
    Options
    Sounds delish!

dcd8dfo2vn1v.jpg

Here's the ham plated, with roast carrots, tater, beans and pan broth drippings. Will defat tomorrow and make a mixed bean and ham soup to last several days.
    We found bell peppers 25c each recently, and sweet onions for 61c, so cut up the rest for grilling today and tucked 4 bags about a cup each for cooking whatever, later.
  • PAV8888
    edited 4:41AM
    Options
    meat cannelloni (of course frozen, this is me, duh!), one family tray (1110 Cal) and 750g / 210 Cal of california veg (caul, broc, carr), 3 peach cups, 600g greek yogurt... Cals are even with good stock of remaining already logged as eaten items... so all good :smiley:

(1/3 cannelloni, 1/3 veggies, 500g yogurt with most of a peach cup are all available still... and I don't see more than one meal before sleepy time!) :blush:
  • Creamtea42
    Creamtea42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Some lovely food fellow LL’s ….
    Was takeaway yesterday - some veggie gyozas & soy sauce dip - then chicken teriyaki salad …. Gyozas were great, but didn’t like teriyaki; son’s got his eye on that for his lunch!
    Going to do a spaghetti Bolognaise for tea tonight…..